It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok... im hooked... (Minecraft) :(

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I didn't like this game when it first came out... but now they've added a survival mode...

Now im hooked... Its actually an amazing game once you get past the graphical blockyness...

You can create anything... I love making traps

And theres even a way to play Free!! Send me a msg if you want to know how... though its not hard to figure out either way...

Apparently the designer even stated "people that play free will buy the game"... Well thats a fact... its worth the money... and its not expensive.

Anyone that enjoys FPS games... and has a bit of creativity waiting for an outlet...

I'd suggest giving this game a try... its a lot of fun!!

But BEWARE... You WILL Lose Sleep...

Happy gaming people...

edit on 30-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It really is such a fun game. There's something so entertaining about something so simple as building with blocks. I don't like the default texture at all though, so I'd recommend getting a texture pack for sure. A quick google will lead you right. I'm using The Davinci Pack, but I've been playing since alpha so it's more for the artistic style for me because some of the blocks are difficult to tell apart with it. There's another called Medieval Pack (I think) and it looks really crisp.
I'm glad you got back into it now!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My cousin is a video game designer. Female, I am very proud of her!

She and her also geeky boyfriend were all talking about this game for ages.

I can't afford the 25 bucks, but I told a gamer coworker to check it out, and he is addicted now too., lOL.

I wish I could play.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

play free my dear...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yea but isn't that like the beta version or something?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm a Bloxorz geek myself:

www.abcarcade.com...

Many different versions with a google search but this one gets you there.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nope... its 1.2.4... full version...

If theres another update i don't know about it... im new to the game

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well if I develope a new addiction, its all your fault.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I didn't like this game when it first came out... but now they've added a survival mode...

Now im hooked... Its actually an amazing game once you get past the graphical blockyness...

And theres even a way to play Free!! Send me a msg if you want to know how... though its not hard to figure out either way...

Apparently the designer even stated "people that play free will buy the game"... Well thats a fact... its worth the money... and its not expensive.

Anyone that enjoys FPS games... and has a bit of creativity waiting for an outlet...

But BEWARE... You WILL Lose Sleep... :cry:

Happy gaming people...

Hey, I absolutely LOVE minecraft, it reminds me of when I played with lego when I was a kid. I just love being creative and building things. But I only have a cracked version of the game, can you tell me how to play for free?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Akragon

Well if I develope a new addiction, its all your fault.

I'll take the blame...

I will set a curse on ATS... and that curse will be Minecraft...

May you not sleep til 5am every night... like me

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ahh MineCraft.. I spent countless hours on it, and probably more downloading mods. Great game

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Omg, I have tried so many times to properly download mods, and watched videos but it never works for me?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

Originally posted by Akragon

But BEWARE... You WILL Lose Sleep... :cry:

Happy gaming people...

Hey, I absolutely LOVE minecraft, it reminds me of when I played with lego when I was a kid. I just love being creative and building things. But I only have a cracked version of the game, can you tell me how to play for free?

Gotta "Pirate" to keep the watchers at "Bay" *nudge, nudge...wink, wink*

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you enjoy minecraft videos.
Check out my channel if you wanna see some gaming commentary minecraft and so on.
Youtube channel

A random minecraft clip-

If you want to give some suggestion on what I should review in minecraft just tell me

I personally need to buy the full game.I wish I bought it couple of months ago before it went up. But it is worth every penny

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've known about this game for about a year or so but have never tried it out, and after watching a few videos on youtube I just don't really see why it is deemed amazing? I know you will say, try it out for yourself, but can you summarise for me?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOngoingJourney

Yes...

Try to get passed the blocky graphix and think of the overall game...

Its basically lego land... you mine for resourses... and use those resources to build your own kingdom... And you can build litterally almost anything you can think of.... im currently building a "twin tower" style building with a sky walk over a huge rip in the ground that leads almost straight to the bottom of the world... the view is amazing...

IF you play survival, your life is always threatened when the son Goes down... plus on some servers theres the threat of people raiding your home... so you can build traps to kill invaders... thats my fav part... my base is one huge trap that i control myself...

Just give it a try man... its worth it... You'll be hooked... And this is comming from a former WOW player...

That is of course assuming you enjoy building thiings

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You sold me already, that does sound pretty cool. Endless possibilities and all that

It was never really the graphics i couldn't get past as I still love games from the Spectrum ZX (Manic Miner FTW!). Saying you were a WOW player and find this game great is actually a good endorsement for me, as I used to be an avid Runescape player, started around 2002 and still play to this day on and off (mostly off).

So I will give it a try and i'm sure I will get hooked, another creative outlet would be very nice

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOngoingJourney

Put it this way... i wasn't just a WoW player...

I was a GM on 3 different servers... and still hold that position on one... even though i don't play anymore... played for over 5 years...

Trust me... minecraft is fun...

edit on 8-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Either I am looking in all the wrong places or since they brought it to a pay to play game it is no longer free. The only free version I can find is the one right on the minecraft site. I only allows you to explore and explode and place blocks.

Guess I will wait until I have 25 dollars to throw away, until then off to play SWTOR......

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Seach "minecraft breadcraft" on pirate bay as jude hinted... Lol

Its a cracked full version with installer...

Buy the game though after... Its well worth the money

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join