It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Something Tunneling Underground' WI School Evac, Floors Crack, Steam Plumes Erupting in 10+ State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Makes sense when one considers the unique solar maximum. perhaps the extra radiation and particles bombarding the planet are making their way to the core.. neutrinos do anyway. Super heating may indeed be occurring.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
judging from time of year and many farmers are preparing fields for planting. And witnessing a number of controlled burns everyday I am out and about, that is my guess. Large controlled burns of fields. the actual spot is small but the smoke travels like clouds and will stay in the sky for hours if the wind is low.

here is a link to an actual wildfire,

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-3-2012 by ringing because: addition of link

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
It's awesome how people immediately jump to the most insane and wild conclusions. It must be a "super volcano!" (but one that releases energy in only a microscopic place, for a moment, in one room, of a school, while no one around the school notices anything...)

How about some more likely scenarios?

Where is the boiler room for the school, under the kitchens by any chance?
Where are the water pipes running?
Was there any groundwork being carried out in a neighboring area?
Are there any old mining tunnels in the region?

There are a thousand things that could explain this before you get to "SUPER VOLCANO!"

Yup, a school boiler room is at fault for:

Dozens of plumes of steam eruptions from the ground, viewable throughout the south, midwest, and southwest USA -- Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina...

That's one serious boiler room.

Maybe that one can be explained but what of the others?

But that's ok. We need both sides here. The real funny thing here tho is that when people offer theories...THEORIES...people that need to jump and start calling others crazy are all over the thread. WITHOUT theories of their own. Just ridicule.

Until the source is found and explained it could be a Martian underground city waking up for all I care. Although I would laugh at that one as well.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're not alone in thinking of this as a possibility:

So why not be my more "absolutely out there" self for at least a minute, and just wonder:

Could all the sulfur being smelled around the midwest, along with the cracks in Michigan, and all these events around WI foretell the coming of a massive supervolcano to arise right from under our feet and astound the world (not to mention the destruction...) ? Maybe Yellowstone's been piping all that magma east, WAY deep underground?

TA's post here from a couple of days ago

link   
reply to post by jude11

Dozens of plumes of steam eruptions from the ground

Steam. Are you sure about that?

Here's a theory...they are fires.

edit on 3/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by detachedindividual
It's awesome how people immediately jump to the most insane and wild conclusions. It must be a "super volcano!" (but one that releases energy in only a microscopic place, for a moment, in one room, of a school, while no one around the school notices anything...)

How about some more likely scenarios?

Where is the boiler room for the school, under the kitchens by any chance?
Where are the water pipes running?
Was there any groundwork being carried out in a neighboring area?
Are there any old mining tunnels in the region?

There are a thousand things that could explain this before you get to "SUPER VOLCANO!"

Yup, a school boiler room is at fault for:

Dozens of plumes of steam eruptions from the ground, viewable throughout the south, midwest, and southwest USA -- Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina...

That's one serious boiler room.

Maybe that one can be explained but what of the others?

But that's ok. We need both sides here. The real funny thing here tho is that when people offer theories...THEORIES...people that need to jump and start calling others crazy are all over the thread. WITHOUT theories of their own. Just ridicule.

Until the source is found and explained it could be a Martian underground city waking up for all I care. Although I would laugh at that one as well.

Peace

Really.....your just going to take the OP's word for it that these are occurring in all these states. Please link me a story that shows any connection to all of these states spouting plumes of steam into the air.....hell, even any of them having fires all at the same time.

This is the problem with these threads.....people believe because it is written on a forum that it is true.

Guess what.....its not!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jude11

Dozens of plumes of steam eruptions from the ground

Steam. Are you sure about that?

Here's a theory...they are fires.

You're right Phage...that's a good theory.

Another theory? Steam. At least that's what it looks like to me. But of course I have no proof in the same way the theory of wildfires can't be proven either.

Until someone goes out there or gets a clear and close up SAT image...they are both theories.

Interesting times huh?

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I live very close to Watertown and saw a story about this school on the local news:

www.wisn.com...

I would be willing to bet that it is either just foundation problems or an improperly abandon sanitary line. The problem is localized to only this Catholic school. No need to jump to rash conlusions until the building is inspected.
edit on 30-3-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

The news report said that the building had been cleared for the kids to go back to school, so i would assume that the building has, at least to a point, been checked out and tested.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Someone did.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"Dozens of plumes of steam eruptions from the ground, viewable throughout the south, midwest, and southwest USA -- Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina... "

Link???

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Look at it this way -
Smoke plumes will stay visible due to the high amount of particulates.
Steam plumes would quickly dissipate long before they could travel any distance due to the ability of the atmosphere to absorb the excess water particles.
From the sat images it appears the plumes stay intact for dozens of miles.
My best guess would be proscribed burns for forestry or environmental purposes.
I think we have unrelated phenomenon being lumped together randomly.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am also in Ga and well as far as these steam plumes happening, nothing that would be reported as news and in this state that would be some serious news.Actually that would be news in any state if that ever happened in those states at the same time. As what has been said before fires are the best guess which is why it hasn't been all over the news.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I think it's the end of the world.
What else could it possibly be? Giant worms, completely unexplainable satellite images. Yup, we're doomed all right.

Indeed you know it HAS to be the end of the world when all Phage bothers to contribute to ma' wacky fearmonger's doom-n-gloom thread is SARCASM

(guess i missed giant worms and mysterious sat images, tho)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What else could it possibly be? Giant worms, completely unexplainable satellite images. Yup, we're doomed all right.

I was really hoping you would come here and give a valid explanation for this.

I do not believe the steam plumes and other crazy ideas being thrown around. I live in MS and haven't seen anything out of the norm. What I see in that image and see here is a disturbance moving through causing showers and a few storms.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Look at some of these sat pictures of wildfires. They appear as point sources because of the vast distances involved. Scroll down.

Wildfires from space

A few grouped together could be from a thunder storm passing thru a day ago? Or some idiot with a case of beer and a handful of road flares.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Gaint worms are no problem. Just need some thumpers to distract them.

The spice must flow. :-)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by jude11

Look at it this way -
Smoke plumes will stay visible due to the high amount of particulates.
Steam plumes would quickly dissipate long before they could travel any distance due to the ability of the atmosphere to absorb the excess water particles.
From the sat images it appears the plumes stay intact for dozens of miles.
My best guess would be proscribed burns for forestry or environmental purposes.
I think we have unrelated phenomenon being lumped together randomly.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment
Not pushing the steam theory, but the steam would dissipate at rates varying with the relative humidity.

Personally, I think it is smoke, and where there's smoke, there's fire. Like brush fires, caused by dry and windy conditions.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
"Dozens of plumes of steam eruptions from the ground, viewable throughout the south, midwest, and southwest USA -- Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and North Carolina... "

Link???

why... DUTCH, of course!

Seriously though, one of these "simultaneous" controlled burns killed two people in Colorado! Gosh talk about damage control, RIP!

these cannot all be coincidental fires, all organized by numerous fire departments from many counties and states, and ALL lit and then extinguished ALL of these fires simultaiously within an hour!,

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Someone did.

Phage, you really got me to crack up with laughter this time..
In your "Microsoft Sam" video the user claims that the plumes in question are wildfires.. then goes on and questions himself as to what it could be.. Not a very good case you have there. And on top of that.. The incident with the floor tiles at the school happened on March 27th, 2012. which you can see in this LINK. And the video that you posted above was posted on March 4th, 2012.. So therefore your video has no correlation to the situation at hand.

Good Day..Sir

BTW.. QUESTION MARK.. QUESTION MARK... QUESTION MARK..

edit on 30-3-2012 by descendedstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Funny Dutch.
Before he was yakking about how the "plume" in California could only be seen on radar and not satellite imagery. Now what, satellite imagery and no radar to match?

He's surprised that prescribed burns are begun at about the same time?

Normally, plan burning operations so the entire job can be completed within a standard workday. Prescribed fires usually are ignited between 10 a.m. and noon, after sunshine has evaporated any early morning dew.

www.bugwood.org...
18:00 UTC = 12:00 noon CST.

BTW, How does he know when the fires were extinquished?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join