It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Mystic - Definition

Mysticism (ancient Greek mysticon = secret) is meditation, prayer, or theology focused on the direct experience of union with divinity, God, or Ultimate Reality, or the belief that such experience is a genuine and important source of knowledge. In the context of epistemology, it can refer to using any kind of non-rational means, such as feeling or faith, in attempt to arrive at any kind of knowledge or belief.

How many of you are mystics?

I've come to my senses and found I am rather a mystic than anything else. I've had direct experiences with God in supernatural arrays you wouldnt believe. Therefore I am a mystic that knows the truth is in no book. The truth rather is directly with God or the ultimate reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

What kind of experiences have you had?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I had never noticed the specific definition, but seeking connection with divinity, seeing the connectedness of all living things, witnessing light and all it's glory...yea I'd say I am mystical in my perspectives. I do not so much see a god as I do a divine force, that is both personal and non-personal, kind of tlike the Native American's spirit in all things, or the Tao.
May I share a poem of actual experience that I would consider a 'mystical' experience.
A Perfect Moment

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Why do you feel the need to label your beliefs?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i had an experience Wednesday night of this week that changed me forever. i have known intellectually for some time now that everything is connected and that we are One. i actually felt it, actually was it for the briefest of moments this week.

i am most certainly a mystic. Either that or going crazy but d*mn was it beautiful!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

please elaborate...

I love hearing about life changing experiences

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

At work right now (wow was Thursday strange!) but i will type something up when i get home tonight for you.

Much Love!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

a mystical experience [congratulations, by the way]
does not a mystic make

if you choose to make this the 1st of many mystical experiences
by actively seeking them out
then you are a mystic.
edit on 30-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: replied to wrong person lol

edit to add
if you use drugs toassist you
you are a sorceror
edit on 30-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Mystic - Definition

Mysticism (ancient Greek mysticon = secret) is meditation, prayer, or theology focused on the direct experience of union with divinity, God, or Ultimate Reality, or the belief that such experience is a genuine and important source of knowledge. In the context of epistemology, it can refer to using any kind of non-rational means, such as feeling or faith, in attempt to arrive at any kind of knowledge or belief.

How many of you are mystics?

I've come to my senses and found I am rather a mystic than anything else. I've had direct experiences with God in supernatural arrays you wouldnt believe. Therefore I am a mystic that knows the truth is in no book. The truth rather is directly with God or the ultimate reality.

Well it is hard to ignore the chi pushing thru my body so yes I have my own physical relationship with god/source/ONE/all/the whole and that makes me a spiritiual mystic that is seeing a lot of synchronicity.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
i had an experience Wednesday night of this week that changed me forever. i have known intellectually for some time now that everything is connected and that we are One. i actually felt it, actually was it for the briefest of moments this week.

i am most certainly a mystic. Either that or going crazy but d*mn was it beautiful!

Lovely

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This is the argument I always have. I think to be a mystic is kind of meaningless unless it effects to your life in society. By which I mean, it is self-indulgence, to fall into yourself when so many things are bad in society. Most of the people who consider themselves mystics seem to be lost in themselves. I don't know how much they help society.

To me, the measure of value is the help one can extend to society.

A man in a cave or robes is blissed out. So what? A simple country doctor helps alliviate more pain each day, in a real sense!

It becomes merely like a kind of inner intoxication, I believe. It might make you feel good. Maybe even the people around you will feel good. But if you are satisfied merely with that, it is not enough IMHO.

edit on 31-3-2012 by SilentThundersGF because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
True mysticism always affects the outer...as it radiates from within the heart and mind, one's life is changed involuntarily almost...if you don't feel compassion for the hungry because of mystic experiences, then they are not truly mystical.

I say this because I have long understood that psychic is of the soul (individual spirit) and mystic is of Spirit (the ONE)...we all are familiar with psychic abilities, what they generally entail, and if you think about it, you can see that it is esoteric communication between individuals or groups but at the human spirit level..the individual soul...which is truly just our personal share of the ONE source of all that I call Spirit but the name doesn't matter...it is the essence that is understood.

And so when coming to realize, through experience, the bond of your own soul with its origin..its parent...it will naturally and inevitably lead to a very real and manifested compassion and love for all other souls...not just communicating with them but communicating with the One that loves us ALL...and that love is what changes our life from the inside out.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

So many experiences. I'll speak on the first.

Missing rain in the shape of my parents back yard and driveway on a rain that was coming down. That was my first experience there is a God. In fact the shape can make for a number nine. I see that God can delete anything from that mystical experience.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If a label fits, where it. Certain labels are just neat organizational things. Labels can be short and to the point.

top topics

join