It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teddy Roosevelt vs. Thomas Jefferson, no-holds-barred bare-handed fight to the death. Who wins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Place your bets, people.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Jefferson. I always bet on brains and ingenuity over brawn.
I'm not knocking Roosevelt in any way. I'm just a little bias when it comes to Jefferson.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
LOL, good question. I would like to see Jefferson win, but only because he was smarter and more dignified.

Gotta watch out for little Teddy, though....he fights aggressively and carries a big stick...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I lul'd.

How about Reagan versus Zachery Taylor? Or a wheelchair-bound FDR versus Jimmy Carter with one hand tied behind his back?

The possibilities are endless.

edit on 3/30/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Jefferson was a big dude for his day, and physically quite the specimen apparently. His father had been a legendary huge man of tremendous strength. Still, Jefferson was more of the pacifist, and intellectual.

Teddy was scrappy, but not the physical hulk.

In a cage match, probably TJ, but he would have to find his killer instincts.

Put on the other side of a stretch of woods, TR all the way.

How about Abe verses Andrew? Now that would be quite the match.

edit on 30-3-2012 by poet1b because: problem with first line.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Teddy wins hands down. Jefferson was effete at best. Indeed, he was a physical coward who ran from the British every time they drew near. His contemporaries were not as enamored with him as we tend to be today.

In terms of his intellectualism, he certainly was, no question. In twerms of his presidency, he did some great things--and some not so great things, which we can all debate, of course.

But to pay attention to the title and a bare handed fight to the death, Jefferson loses.

new topics

top topics

join