It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid to die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've had numerous experiences in my life that have convinced me that there truly is something more than what we see. I, being a medium, have devoted a great aspect of my life to bringing comfort to people regarding matters of death, though I am far from prone to the fear of certain unknowns.

This thread poses the question: Are you afraid of death? Why or why not? I'm not particularly frightened of death itself, I'm more afraid of the process of dying. I believe there's something more simply because of the things I've seen and experienced in my life. What frightens me is that transition between my heart stopping and the awakening of consciousness on the other side.

This thread isn't to debate whether I'm right or wrong, it's to pose the question and look into WHY we're afraid (or not!) of the great inevitable.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Not in the least... I will welcome death with open arms when its my time...

I can't wait to return home and remember all that i've forgotten...

Though im in no hurry to make my exit...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Nope. I used to think I was afraid of death and then I died 3 times and knew I was dying. The only thing that mattered to me at the time was that my partner tell my wife and daughter that I loved them.

Needless to say I was brought back all 3 times and am still kicking now but with a newfound experience into what it means to die. I was at peace. I didn't want to die but I was not afraid.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't fear death, but I fear the transition. Will it hurt? Will it take a long time? The best we can hope for is to die peacefully in our sleep, where we drift off to sleep in this world and wake up in another one.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
NO! I am rather excited, but not in a hurry. It will either be the answers to all my questions, the greatest adventure ever or nothing. Either way I am o.k. with it. I am ever so curious to see if there is a pay off and was it worth sitting through the whole thing or not.

I had a near death experience that leads me to believe there is something after this. Then again it may just have been my brain doing it's job to keep me from panicing. Or it was a way for my forgetful higher self to cheat by peeking.

I am not afraid to die a painful death. Something I have learned is that time is what you make it. Nothing lasts forever and if you think of a moment in the grand scale of things it is so very tiny. Years of pain have taught me that is is no more painful or lasting than stubbing my toe.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The only thing inevitable death that makes me afraid of it, is leaving my family and friends behind and knowing that at least for one day i will cause them grief.

Id also like to avoid a painful death but thats me just being selfish, once you are dead its not like you will have to carry the pain any more.

Death from like a nuke or something that kills everyone anyway, not really at all, just disappointed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by ofNight

Couldn't have worded it better, I'm happy either way - plenty to live for on this side, very curious to see the other side again, remember all that I've forgotten, watch my previous lives "best moments" and explore new and exotic worlds

So I guess I'm not afraid of death because IMHO "death" is not an appropriate word for what people use it for, which is more like waking up from a dream as far as I know.

BTW OP, what's the word on the whole 2012 ascention thing from the other side? I've heard people are working extra hard over there in order to get things ready for our arrival, is that true?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I don't fear death, but I fear the transition. Will it hurt? Will it take a long time? The best we can hope for is to die peacefully in our sleep, where we drift off to sleep in this world and wake up in another one.

The transition is what frightens me as well. I don't want to suffer or die in excruciating pain, even if it's just temporary. I had a near death experience in which I nearly drowned in the ocean, and it was one of the most peaceful experiences I've ever encountered. Being brought to shore is what was painful -- the cuts, bruises, and choking.
edit on 30-3-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by ofNight

Couldn't have worded it better, I'm happy either way - plenty to live for on this side, very curious to see the other side again, remember all that I've forgotten, watch my previous lives "best moments" and explore new and exotic worlds

So I guess I'm not afraid of death because IMHO "death" is not an appropriate word for what people use it for, which is more like waking up from a dream as far as I know.

BTW OP, what's the word on the whole 2012 ascention thing from the other side? I've heard people are working extra hard over there in order to get things ready for our arrival, is that true?

I've never heard of the ascension or anything along those lines. It definitely doesn't mean that it isn't happening, it's just that in my experience I'm not given nearly as much information about the other side as I wish I could be given. When doing readings, I'm given information about people and their families, I don't ever receive answers when trying to ask questions about the other side. Even I have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The only thing I fear is, What would happen to my dog if I were to die at home,
and she had to eat my body to survive until she was rescued.

I don't mind her eating me, but society would probably have her put down because of it...

Other than that, I'm looking forward to what lies beyond....But I ain't in no hurry to get there either...

And no, I'm not religious in the least.
edit on 30-3-2012 by IrVulture because: LoL Fail...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

Many cultures in the past have considered death a good thing... They used to Celebrate that person's passing and their life... I believe that is how it should be...

Todays world is obsessed with the "sadness of death"... its been hardwired into our society so we can't help but feel the loss of a loved one... when in fact todays grieving process is a selfish idea... We grieve because we will never see said loved one again... and yes that is unfortunate.

And if you believe death is final... it would be a sad event... but if we KNOW that death is NOT the end... shouldn't we Celebrate the fact that said person has taken "the next step"...

Imagine what he/she... might be experiencing as we speak... And remember that person is ALWAYS with you in your heart....

Death should not be a sad/depressing event...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am not afraid of death, but i am afraid of the way i die.

I just hope it will be quick and painless, or sleep.
I have been close to dying a couple of times, it was kind of scary because i saw it comming, and as a sailor, water has also been my enemy, but i respect water, and it respected me back.

I don't remember anything from before life, so i am one of those who don't believe in life after death.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree completely.

Though I'm not allowed to know the specifics, I do know that the other side is indescribably beautiful. It's the greatest transition we'll ever take, it's the greatest of adventures. When I used to be a Christian, I was constantly in confliction by the fact that I saw people on the other side who my church taught would be damned to hell doing just fine. Eventually I was told that these spirits I was seeing were demons of deception by the church.

The truth is, as hard as it is to comprehend, I believe we all make the transition peacefully eventually. Belief isn't a requirement, it's the greatest of peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car!

to quote the rapper tupac: my only fear of death is reincarnation!

in all honesty, i welcome the day i get to ditch this spacesuit and get beamed back up to wherever i'm going next...i only hope it's painless...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Like the previous posters said "I am not scared of dying". I've had a full life. I just don't want to suffer for long. Heck, if I get cancer, bring the suicide-pills, or I'll jump in front of a train before the suffering becomes too much. (yes, I am a sissy). I've looked at the shock my dad had when he heard that his one sister died on the toilet (heart attack), another died in her sleep, and I thought, but isn't that the right way to die??? Hey, and I am in an accident, and get brain-dead, don't you dare to keep me alive on machines!!!!!

I read about those people wishing for longevity, people having themselves frozen after death so that they can be revived when medical technology catches up, and so on.... and I can't help but feeling sorry for those people.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I read about those people wishing for longevity, people having themselves frozen after death so that they can be revived when medical technology catches up, and so on.... and I can't help but feeling sorry for those people.

I never understood the whole freezing thing either. By the time science catches up, I'd be horrified to have to endure the world at that time. Death is an escape from this wild world, and I'd rather not be around when it gets too wild.

Reincarnation frightens me. This world is headed in such a scary direction, who wants to be around a thousand years from now? Not me.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

but maybe you will be reincarnated as a cockroach or an ant .... that would be fun, wouldn't it???? I would rather be reincarnated as an insect, or arachnid, or anything else but a human.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
reply to post by ofNight

but maybe you will be reincarnated as a cockroach or an ant .... that would be fun, wouldn't it???? I would rather be reincarnated as an insect, or arachnid, or anything else but a human.

That's an interesting thought. I'd be avoiding bug spray at all costs.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Tears will be shed
Hearts will be broken
Loved one's shall be lost
harsh words spoken
getting caught in the rain
going insane
wishing you could change events
again and again
sharing a moment
holding their hand
laughing and loving
losing time
drinking wine
just existing
counting seconds
watching the world unwind
saying goodbyes
Closing your eyes
running through memories in your mind.

I just made that up on the spot, death is gonna be awesome

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

I'm not afraid to die. Only because I'm going to anyways. (I'm not Duncan McCloud).

I will regret dying. I will miss the ones that I love.

I am afraid of clowns.
They scare me.

ETA:
DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO
THAT GOOD NIGHT
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
-Dylan Thomas.

edit on 30-3-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join