It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main goal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Have any of you reached your main goal in life?

What is it?

What is your main goal you've reached?

I haven't reached a damn thing in life in case you're wondering.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I haven't even figured out my main goal, and I'm in my thirties. I guess its to enjoy life, help others, and try not to be a completely jerk.

So far, I'd say I'm batting average.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wanted to live in the woods, chop wood in my backyard, feed the wild animals, enjoy the sounds of nature, grow my hair and beard long, and live in peace all by age 35.

Achieved.

If you want to reach your main goal, don't make it a lofty and unnatural goal. Keep it simple, and anything is achievable.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think my main goal is to never have a main goal hah.

I think it is important to keep reminding yourself that your thoughts are based on what you know so far, and should never limit what you might think tomorrow!
edit on 30-3-2012 by iamdavid because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2012 by iamdavid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I wanted to live in the woods, chop wood in my backyard, feed the wild animals, enjoy the sounds of nature, grow my hair and beard long, and live in peace all by age 35.

Achieved.

If you want to reach your main goal, don't make it a lofty and unnatural goal. Keep it simple, and anything is achievable.

Do you need a butler?
that sounds great and my dream too, but I don't think I will ever be able to do that due to money and me living in the UK.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't think I would've reached that goal if my parents didn't die and leave me the house, which I sold so I could buy a cheap foreclosure property in the country. The taxes to live in the middle of nowhere are brutal here, but you can't put a price on fresh air, birds chirping, crickets at night, backyard campfires with the kids every night, chemtraily starry skies, and 50 giant bags of raked leaves every Spring!

Good stuff, and definitely worth making a main goal in this life.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I never really had a main goal in life, except to live in the country and be a cowgirl. I live in the country now, but I'm not a cowgirl. However, I was retired before age 50, we're not short of money, and I live with the sky, earth, wind, grass, critters and a plethora of stars at night. I have 9 cats and both my kids live on their own and never ask for money. It's middle-aged heaven.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, so I don't exactly have my health, but I'm hanging in there, and considering all the worse things there are in life to deal with, I feel incredibly blessed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

High taxes?? We have 5 1/2 acres out here, and we pay $500 a year in taxes. Must be a New Hampshire thing...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Yeah NH is about 5th highest in property taxes in the US. I pay almost $4000/yr for less than an acre.

new topics

top topics

join