It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego residents rattled by 3 loud booms, following tremor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

more booms heard following earthquake.

"The USGS confirmed a small earthquake struck San Diego County Thursday night. The quake struck with a magnitude of 3.3 and at a depth of 7 miles at 11:09 p.m"

"...over a dozen calls from concerned viewers who described the earthquake as very loud and said it was accompanied by three eerie booms"

"No one in our generation remembers so many small tremors across the world triggering so many sonic booms. One has to wonder what is happening in the earth beneath our feet"

weird wild things here in 2012....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm not even going to list off possible reasons for these sounds and shakes happening beneath us.

I will say that this is a great opportunity to get rid of excess complacency and take ownership of how sharp each individual is.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
maybe they are making underground cities, lol, its a good idea and would explain the small earthquakes / booms :| hrm

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

That is quite possible. It would be incredibly interesting if that were it.

I have the strangest feeling that we are going to find out soon enough.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
plate tectonics?

they are on/near major known faults afterall, no?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's strange that they heard booms. Were the booms always there and nobody paid attention to them or are they something new. They could have been there and everyone was used to them before and just thought they were a normal part of things.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The USGS has a very informative page on these sounds (if you buy their explanation)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Perhaps the best way to understand earthquake sounds are from an actual experiment that took place back in the 80's in California by David Hill. Dr. Hill's team recorded sounds that came out of the earth (from nearby small earthquakes between magnitude 2.0 and 3.0) and simultaneously measured the arrival of the P wave on a seismograph. Researchers also reported hearing a sound before the S waves were recorded; this turned out to be the arrival of the P wave

It seems they have been experimenting on the sounds since the 80's

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Resurrection of "operation plow-share" ?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm
Thanks for the info OP

I got a real bad felling about April that I can't seem to shake, no pun intended.
Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
News to me.. And I live here.

camp Pendleton is about two minute north of me, and they were booming all day, but that entirely normal.

And if there was a tremor I slept through it.

All in all an ordinary day for SD.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

San Diego is minutes away from several fault lines that run through California. There are earthquakes all the time in northern Mexico and El Centro. Most people are pretty much aware that the big one is coming some time in the future... But c'mon, it So Cal.

edit on 30-3-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: iPad bull crap

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
im in san diego, and ill confirm this... however, i know they have been doing alot of training at camp pendleton and at the miramar air base lately.. its not that uncommon to hear loud booms in sandy eggo..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by uggghhh

Can you hear Pendleton from SD?

new topics

top topics

join