It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: "We Want To Create A Global Minimum Tax"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sorrry since this is not a youtube video don't have latest version of flash to embed, here is a link

Is there no end to the greed that these politicians have when it comes to money? Possible admission to there plans? Here is an indicator of the coming NWO and the clamp down of each countries freedom taken from us. It seems the elitest can never have enough money, we see that in our politicians and the Hollywood Elite. There is something to their delusions of grandeur and meglomania that's for sure. What do you think?

Real Clear Politics

Text"For years, American manufacturers have faced one of the highest tax rates in the world. We want to reduce that by over 20%. We want to drop the rate, particularly, for high-tech manufacturers like you, Mr. President, even further than the 20%," Vice President Joe Biden said at a manufacturing plant in Davenport, Iowa this week.

www.realclearpolitics.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add thought

edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Did he say anything about getting jobs back home ?

Sounds more like another gaffe by the king of gaffes

I though we heard him talk about raising taxes on corporations some time ago ?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Is 40% of our incomes not enough for you guys?
I mean seriously, we should get something back for that besides a broken
education system and crumbling roads right?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's really vague and brief so I am going to try to fill in the blanks.

We could speculate a lot of things, but I smell something like a United Nations - WTO - WB/IMF/BIS style global tariff on all international imports/exports.

That would cause the price of goods on the global market to increase. And it would allow the internationalist conglomerate to find a new potent source of funding, one that may even outweigh anything the United States provides. This would mean that even if the USA woke up and pulled out of the UN, they would be able to survive outside on a global tax system.

If they can get away with this they will create all sorts of taxes and fines to fund the global establishment directly. If you think the Carbon Tax sounds bad, use your imagination and think of all the countless possible taxes they could try to levy upon people all around the world.

The reason I am focusing on a UN style hypothesis is because the USA doesn't have ANY authority to impose a "global minimum tax", but the UN could usurp such a claim to power, as it considers itself a 'legitimate global administrative institution".

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Full quote from your source

"We want to create (what's called) a global minimum tax, because American taxpayers shouldn't be providing a larger subsidy for investing abroad than investing at home," Biden said at a campaign event.

The word "Global" must have set off your NWO freak center. If you read it in context you realize he is talking about altering our tax code to compete with manufacturers overseas while at the same time ceasing government subsidies to US manufacturers that ship manufacturing overseas.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Is 40% of our incomes not enough for you guys?
I mean seriously, we should get something back for that besides a broken
education system and crumbling roads right?

They are claiming it's an unfair and uneven playing field in the sector of Industrial taxation. In the US, they are claiming that taxes on Industrial business is too high and that no one wants to set up shop here.

Many people agree with that sentiment as well. But is a 'global minimum tax' actually reasonable as a solution to such a simplistic dilemma? I don't think so, because I fear the type of global government system it will entail. In order to tax someone, you have to claim authority.

Legitimate authority only derives from consent of the citizenry through representation, but does anyone really believe that they will be represented in the UN Assembly ? I don't.

The UN could potentially become something like the US Congress on steroids and the potentials of corruption and scale of damage it could cause is unimaginable in comparison. The US Congress claims limited authority in the global sense, but the UN asserts it's authority globally, and dare I say illegitimately.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If there EVER gets passed a global tax, I am going to take off to the mountians and find myself a nice little place to settle down for the rest of my life, away from all of society, and create my own little self sustained community.

There'll be no need for global capitalism there.

EDIT: for anyone who wants to watch the half hour speech he made on this the link is below.
Will keep searching for more info..
nation.foxnews.com...
edit on 30-3-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

"We want to create (what's called) a global minimum tax, because American taxpayers shouldn't be providing a larger subsidy for investing abroad than investing at home," Biden said at a campaign event.

The word "Global" must have set off your NWO freak center. If you read it in context you realize he is talking about altering our tax code to compete with manufacturers overseas while at the same time ceasing government subsidies to US manufacturers that ship manufacturing overseas.

Oh so you think he means they are suggesting taxing US firms for sending things overseas? Hmm.

Like I said the article is very vague so it's hard to tell either way.

I felt like it could be a type of comment such as other world leaders have made in the past 5 years about a global currency , etc.

So I could have misinterpreted it and you are right, but due to the limited info I am not quite sure yet what exactly this is referring to. Good suggestion though, I hope your right and I was way off base.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
If there EVER gets passed a global tax, I am going to take off to the mountians and find myself a nice little place to settle down for the rest of my life, away from all of society, and create my own little self sustained community.

There'll be no need for global capitalism there.

Hey that's what the Taliban said.

And guess who went into the mountains looking for them?

edit on 30-3-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i doubt any nation can force a tax upon any other nation except at gun point so more than likely its the american government making it worthless to send alot of jobs abroad since it will cost the same to manufacture an item in china or america by the time you have to pay import taxes, but like most ways of taxing people/companies it'll take about 10 mins and they'll be back making it in china just it will be marked up differently on the paperwork

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Haha yeah but they dont have to come lookin for me in the canadian rockies, they already have a pipeline that takes all that oil right to them

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the U.N. proposed global tax for social protections.

www.theblaze.com...

I would like to think that the UN is not corrupt enough to play those games but the truth is they just might be. This could just be a backup plan in case the UN global tax doesn't go through.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Indigo5

Oh so you think he means they are suggesting taxing US firms for sending things overseas? Hmm.

Like I said the article is very vague so it's hard to tell either way.

Yes. That is exactly what he is talking about. Lowering tax rates for domestic manufacturers to compete with other countries and eliminating tax breaks for companies that ship manufacturing overseas.

Full transcript here

So, folks -- so all those skeptics and our Republican opponents who -- especially don't tell me that America can't make things anymore; can't compete in the world market anymore; can't lead the world again any more. We will lead the world again in every aspect of the economy. (Applause.)

And, folks, we’ve already begun. You’ve begun -- not me -- you’ve begun, and we’re not done. For years, American manufacturers have faced one of the highest tax rates in the world. We want to reduce that by over 20 percent. We want to drop the rate particularly for high-tech manufacturers like you, Mr. President, even further than the 20 percent. We want to create what’s called a global minimum tax, because American taxpayers shouldn’t be providing a larger subsidy for investing abroad than investing at home. (Applause.)

Look, we want to end and we want to end it right now, the practice of getting a tax break, which you saw happen here in Iowa for dismantling a factory, floor to ceiling, and shipping it abroad and getting a moving expense to go abroad. Instead, we should be giving a tax credit to companies that dismantle factories abroad and bring them back home. (Applause.)

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
All that is is The Government gets to tax you here tax your income overseas and tax you agian when it's brought back here.

That is why there are trillions of dollars sitting offshore because idiotic liberals

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Indigo, you're wasting your time trying to talk any sense to the brain dead neocons. Starting with the "drudge report" and aped by Hannity, they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the backside.

Biden did not suggest a "global tax". That is a right-wing fabrication. Biden said: "We Want To End ... The Practice Of Getting A Tax Break" For "Dismantling A Factory, Floor To Ceiling, And Shipping It Abroad." In his remarks in Davenport, Biden said:

For years, American manufacturers have faced one of the highest tax rates in the world. We want to reduce that by over 20 percent. We want to drop the rate particularly for high-tech manufacturers like you, Mr. President, even further than the 20 percent.

We want to create what's called a global minimum tax, because American taxpayers shouldn't be providing a larger subsidy for investing abroad than investing at home.

Look, we want to end -- and we want to end it right now -- the practice of getting a tax break, which you saw happen here in Iowa, for dismantling a factory, floor to ceiling, and shipping it abroad and getting a moving expense to go abroad. Instead, we should be giving a tax credit to companies that dismantle factories abroad and bring them back home. (*)

How is this bad? The single most destructive force to the American economy has been the decimation of it's manufacturing and industrial core by a tax code that rewards shipping jobs, factories, and entire industries oversees. Biden and the WH want to reverse that - and give a tax break to those companies willing to ship jobs and factories BACK to America.

However, what Mr. Brain-Dead Sean Hannity heard was this:

Hannity: "You Know, All Those Nuts That Thought One-World Government Is Coming, Maybe They Weren't So Wrong. Biden Calling For A Global Tax." On the March 30 edition of his radio show, Sean Hannity said:

HANNITY: You know, I thought I saw everything. I'm looking at the headline on the Drudge Report about Joe Biden. "We want to create what's called a global minimum tax, because American taxpayers shouldn't be providing a larger subsidy for investing abroad than investing at home."

Wow, global minimum tax. You know, all those nuts that thought one-world government is coming, maybe they weren't so wrong. Biden calling for a global tax. [Premiere Radio Networks, The Sean Hannity Show, 3/30/12]

Wow, herp derp, 'global tax', herp derp, one-world government.
What a couple of morons. Or in their case, "morans".

Wow Sean, maybe we should reward tax breaks on a company for investing in China while de-investing in America. Thanks for highlighting the GOP/Fox "news" brand of conservatism war on the American worker.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
global tax =global government
they may try to spin it as a good for you
but then they allways do that
remember free trade
that was good for you too

so was the deregulation of banking and the war in Iraq

edit on 1-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join