It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if radical muslims started following the bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I say we go after their radical leaders... the people are good in heart, they want to be.

Yet, christians accuse the average muslim guy of following a religion that commands them to kill unbelievers.
They seem to make no distinction between the radical muslims and the average muslim.... despite demonstrating an amazing ability to differentiate between the average christian and the fundamentalist christians.

If you study history, you'll realize that horrible wrongs have been done in the name of religion, by every side, and every mainstream religion, and perhaps not so mainstream.

That doesn't make it right.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Well, for starters.... whatever biblical laws/teachings I quoted is 100% biblical. I am not making this up.
Do you want me to start posting verses here? I can if you want me to.

LOL, I find that extremely funny, not only did you never quote actual bible texts, you now continue to lie about it to cover up.

Perhaps you read these scriptures quoted in extremist literature? Because it's very prevalent, on both the Christian side misquoting the Quoran, and even more so on the Islamic side misquoting the Scriptures (and believe you me, there's a lot more mis-paraphrasing happening on the other side, I have examined enough to make an educated opinion).

You CERTAINLY are making stuff up, and are continuing this thread in sheer and extreme ignorance.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Was Christ telling people to pluck their eyes out, or was he telling them not to sin because sin would lead to eternal damnation?

Was Christ kidding when he said that whoever looks at a woman with lust is guilty of adultery?....a sin that results in the death penalty, as per the law that Jesus said would remain till "heaven and earth pass away"?

One thing, look up the meaning of the word "parable".

Second, Christ came to fulfill the law, and instituted new commandments. One of the aspects of the new law was that humans were no longer judges. Only God was.

Thus, no one was to commit a murder, or take another's life, since no person was authorized to act in the way of a judge to this extent.

If a person was an immoral person, he/she was removed from the congregation. Not killed.

Which you would have known if you spent any time doing unbiased research into Christ's teaching and into the New Testament.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I guess if the radical Muslims had more than 1 wife, they would have to divorce the other 2 or 3.

Not so for Christians?
Only one wife is allowed.

The divorced women would suffer in traditional Christian culture, because remarriage is like adultery according to Jesus.

So the Muslim with 4 wives who becomes Christian will have to make some choices.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Accept if they started enforcing old testament law they wouldn't be Christians, they would be Jews.

I really wonder if you put much thought into making this topic.

You have also claimed to be a Muslim in other posts but you are making Islam look bad in this post.

One has to doubt if you are really not just an atheist trying to attack peoples faiths?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Why would it be any different than what happens today when radical Muslims convert to Christ?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalph
LOL, then they would be Christians, no? Do you mean Muslim Arabs? Do you mean Muslim Indonesians? Do you mean Muslim Russians?

Obviously you're starting a flame-bait thread, with very limited knowledge of your subject or definition of terms such as "Muslim". And you must equate every muslim with a fundamentalist. That's bull crap.

Moreover, you are asking what about adherence to the old testament, not the Bible. If you follow "The Bible", then you really follow Christ and his command to love even your enemies. There would be no killing, and you would be tolerant of everyone. How many people did Jesus kill? Or his apostles? Or the first-century Christians?

There's your answer.

Go to his profile and look at his authored threads. They're mostly flame bait ones.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You have also claimed to be a Muslim in other posts but you are making Islam look bad in this post.

I am just demonstrating that the radicals will do the same thing even with the christian bible. Basically, the OP destroys the argument that muslims are in a violent religion because of the Korans teachings. I have shown that the radical elements of Islam will still behave the same way even with the Koran.

Christians quote the few "violent" verses of the Koran and claim that the source of Islam itself teaches violence and hate.... while white washing themselves and the bible. Christians will point fingers at the Korans violence seem to shy away from discussing the violence in the Bible.

edit on 31-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

not only did you never quote actual bible texts, you now continue to lie about it to cover up.

Read my words that you quoted again.

I clearly said

whatever biblical laws/teachings I quoted is 100% biblical....Do you want me to start posting verses here? I can if you want me to.

I posted laws and teachings from the bible.... AND I offered to start posting actual verses as-is from the bible.

So, do let me know if you want me to start listing those verses.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

If you study history, you'll realize that horrible wrongs have been done in the name of religion, by every side, and every mainstream religion, and perhaps not so mainstream. That doesn't make it right.

Yeah, that's what I always say whenever christians demonize Islam because of the actions of a few.
For some reason, that line does not seem to convince anyone. They seem to insist that Islam is violent because they believe the Koran teaches violence.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

eyes 'see' and hands 'do'

what is before in the passages that lead up to these words?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If you study history, you'll realize that horrible wrongs have been done in the name of religion, by every side, and every mainstream religion, and perhaps not so mainstream. That doesn't make it right.

Yeah, that's what I always say whenever christians demonize Islam because of the actions of a few.
For some reason, that line does not seem to convince anyone. They seem to insist that Islam is violent because they believe the Koran teaches violence.

Demonize?

if the rest of the English speaking world (a christian language which already dominates) had not updated their language we would be on about the same education level that Urdu supplies.

If we haven't updated our language over the centuries trust me there would be no diplomacy! they would be totally annihilated... but this is how their method has survived... laying in wait for the left-wing diplomacy to do itself in (which it has a tendency to do over time, check England and France)

the diplomacy and peaceful intentions could just fail us again who knows but I can surely say that if we were still on the same educational level you would surely see a real monster on planet earth.

the problem is they just can't express themselves beyond that old method of Crusading... and they are not even crusading the "Truth"

we're not Beast's in the wild no more... hopefully we'll be getting beyond all that sometime soon but most likely not in our lifetimes.

edit on 31-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

we do not "believe" the Koran teaches violence very easily,

We actually know and it is broadcast for the world to see...

watch the Road to Jenin on google video sometime, keeping my train of thought I have expressed in mind if you can...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Dont think bearded Muslims will follow the bible when they are to busy following their pre pubescent wives around.

Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

@what if radical muslims started following the bible?

Both religions are of ENLILITE influence (or influenced from Abraham who was guided by LORD ENLIL ANNUNAKI)so it wouldnt be that far off a possibility...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

what if radical muslims started following the bible

Then they'd probably become radical christians.
Radical anything means they have mental health problems.

Thank goodness we have secular laws in the USA that keep radical _____ (fill in the blank with your religion of choice) people under control. When religion becomes the law of the land (like in Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc), then you have BIG problems.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join