It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if radical muslims started following the bible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I imagine, they would start by enforcing old testament law...

-kill those guilty of blasphemy
-kill people for working on the sabbath,
-kill adulterers,
-kill homosexuals,
-kill women who dont scream for help while being raped.
-kill women, children, old people in wars., (at least now, they are technically forbidden to do such a thing)
-kill preachers who make predictions that don't come to pass

Ouch.

Now, I guess the new testament is kinda peaceful, except the "radical" muslims would enforce Jesus' command that "the law will remain till heaven and earth pass away"
so they would probably upgrade the law and...

-charge those who look lustfully at women with "adultery" and then kill them.
-charge those who hate with "murder" and then kill them
-pluck out the eyes of those who sin with their eyes
-chop off the hands of those who sin with their hands
-make sure women shut the # up in church and cover their hair

I wonder if the true authentic christians would welcome a bunch of brown, bearded guys in turbans making sure EVERYBODY followed the bible, whether people like it or not?

Would radical "muslims" be commended for following the bible, instead of the Koran?
Would their approach to enforcing biblical laws make them "true and authentic christians"?

edit on 30-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
LOL, then they would be Christians, no? Do you mean Muslim Arabs? Do you mean Muslim Indonesians? Do you mean Muslim Russians?

Obviously you're starting a flame-bait thread, with very limited knowledge of your subject or definition of terms such as "Muslim". And you must equate every muslim with a fundamentalist. That's bull crap.

Moreover, you are asking what about adherence to the old testament, not the Bible. If you follow "The Bible", then you really follow Christ and his command to love even your enemies. There would be no killing, and you would be tolerant of everyone. How many people did Jesus kill? Or his apostles? Or the first-century Christians?

There's your answer.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

Christ and his command to love even your enemies.

And his command that "the law will remain till heaven and earth pass away".
And his command that looking at a woman with lust equals adultery, resulting in execution.

And then, also the part about removing eyes and hands that "sin".

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

And you must equate every muslim with a fundamentalist. That's bull crap.

Please read my thread title again...

It says "what if radical muslims started following the bible?"

So I was not equating every muslim with a fundamentalist.

Yet, every muslim is equated with the fundamentalists by christians.... for the reason that they harshly interpret their laws. Why?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

2nd Timothy 3:16 states: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
I find it funny that guys like Sk0rpi0n will paraphrase your scriptures to you Christians, and you always have the same rebuttal to the evil contained in your "Old Testament".
Through this doctrine, you have been reproved, you have been corrected, and now you know that to be righteous is to be a hateful, murdering extremest, just as the "good" book tells you.
The only difference between you and the "radical" Muslims, is that you lie to yourself saying that your religion is one of peace, and they take their twisted scripture literally and live by it. If you did the same, you would be even worse than they, as the bible commands us to do far more evil than even the Quran.
Crawl back into your cave, from whence such ideas came.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I say we go after their radical leaders... the people are good in heart, they want to be.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

What if African Wilderbeasts started following the Washington Post (Gnus reading News)?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I say we go after their radical leaders... the people are good in heart, they want to be.

Yet, christians accuse the average muslim guy of following a religion that commands them to kill unbelievers.
They seem to make no distinction between the radical muslims and the average muslim.... despite demonstrating an amazing ability to differentiate between the average christian and the fundamentalist christians.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Yet, christians accuse the average muslim guy of following a religion that commands them to kill unbelievers.
They seem to make no distinction between the radical muslims and the average muslim.... despite demonstrating an amazing ability to differentiate between the average christian and the fundamentalist christians.

whose truth is Just?

link   
sk0rpion, I do not appreciate you coming onto ATS, where we try to deny ignorance, and starting threads that promote incredible amounts of ignorance.

Knock it off, please.

I don't need to reply to this thread either - there was no thought put into it aside from shallow anti-Christ babble.

link   

And his command that looking at a woman with lust equals adultery, resulting in execution.

Well clearly you have not even read what it is you are trying to quote. Let's look at the actual passages:

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

So what is the law? Look at the next line:

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

It's the ten commandments, none of which say anything about killing people as you claim in the OP. In fact one of the commandments specifically prohibits murder.

Now lets look at the passage that you claim recommends removing body parts:

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Was Christ telling people to pluck their eyes out, or was he telling them not to sin because sin would lead to eternal damnation? To give you another example, if I told you "Man, your girlfriend is so ugly you'd be better off chewing your arm off in the morning if she was laying on it than risk waking her up!" would you think I seriously expected you to chew your arm off? Granted I haven't met your girlfriend, so maybe it's not a perfect example.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Congrats, you've taken the views of 1% of Christians and applied them to all, thus doing the exact thing you accuse them of.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

sk0rpion, I do not appreciate you coming onto ATS, where we try to deny ignorance, and starting threads that promote incredible amounts of ignorance.

Knock it off, please.

I don't need to reply to this thread either - there was no thought put into it aside from shallow anti-Christ babble.

Well, for starters.... whatever biblical laws/teachings I quoted is 100% biblical. I am not making this up.
Do you want me to start posting verses here? I can if you want me to.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

It's the ten commandments, none of which say anything about killing people as you claim in the OP. In fact one of the commandments specifically prohibits murder.

The "law" is obviously more than the 10 commandments.
There are also laws governing specific aspects of life. The bible is full of it.

Was Christ telling people to pluck their eyes out, or was he telling them not to sin because sin would lead to eternal damnation?

Was Christ kidding when he said that whoever looks at a woman with lust is guilty of adultery?....a sin that results in the death penalty, as per the law that Jesus said would remain till "heaven and earth pass away"?

edit on 30-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Congrats, you've taken the views of 1% of Christians and applied them to all, thus doing the exact thing you accuse them of.

Well, if only 1% of christians accuse muslims of following "a religion that commands them to kill unbelievers. "...then I am addressing that 1%. If you are not part of that 1%, this thread is not meant for you.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

There is no gnews like good gnews...

Great Space Coaster FTW!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
it is Monotheism already, they are just reading a radical aggressive version that someone has obviously twisted into lies.

no one is out to destroy their faith... maybe attempting to unify and update something that is very important to advancement of a society - (language)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You really should study up on the scriptures from an unbiased perspective. Whatever you were fed by your imams or clergy is far twisted. And you continue to deliberately misquote (actually, mis-paraphrase) to suit your own agenda.

Good luck with that!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yet, every muslim is equated with the fundamentalists by christians.... for the reason that they harshly interpret their laws. Why?

Generalize, much? I think you have to recognize that everyone is a person, and beyond that, we don't understand anyone else as much as we do ourselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I find it funny that guys like Sk0rpi0n will paraphrase your scriptures to you Christians

There's a difference between quoting and paraphrasing incorrectly.

The only difference between you and the "radical" Muslims, is that you lie to yourself saying that your religion is one of peace, and they take their twisted scripture literally and live by it.

First of all, you don't know who I am, and you are equating me with mainstream Christianity. It's like me saying all muslims are terrorists.

Second, i don't judge anyone except by the fruit they bear. I don't generalize/stigmatize any group or one person, which apparently you excel at.

If you did the same, you would be even worse than they, as the bible commands us to do far more evil than even the Quran.

Whatever I believe in, I take quite seriously and literally. And I have committed zero evil against anyone, and so have everyone else who believes the things that I do.

Crawl back into your cave, from whence such ideas came.

I am extremely tolerant of everyone, and you are very ignorant.
edit on 30/3/2012 by gandalph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join