It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ : Peggy Noonan: Obama Cannot Win The Coming Election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I will repost an earlier comment I made, as I think it is
appropriate also to this thread.

obama is being purposely set up for a massive fall from grace. He is a fraud
and is in on the scheming. Watch ron paul rise to be the general public and media darling.
With obama's 'career' 'sabotaged', paul will be left unhindered on the path towards
the white house. It is not a mystery to me why republican candidates in the
presidential nomination race are so damn appalling, and so very obviously so.
Same goes with the only too obvious media blackout of ron paul. We are being set up.

But don't be suckered in. paul offers change within the system, when it is the system
itself that has to change. I fear he, and his policies and common sense, are being
offered to the people as another false hope, and a distraction.
And then comes the Event.

9/11 was a conspiracy (at least) since the inception of the idea of the twin towers.
It was the biggest mass fraud in history, a huge risk and an ambitiously faked means
to a greater end.
2012 is 11 years after 2001. The risks were huge, so the rewards must be huge, and I
believe that whatever these players have had in mind for so long for the end, is all
about to be played out.
They have printed all the money, and bought up the world (and a hell of alot of people).

Now for the finale.

All the rest of this is BS, simply a bunch of role-playing conspirators acting out
their masters scripted and ficticious narratives. Meanwhile, behind the scenes....

Everything we are told about Everything in the main stream media is ridiculous fiction[/url]

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It'll be a silent protest against Obama. People are afraid of being labeled hater/racist/oreo . So they'll say one thing but do another.

As of now, Romney is only pulling at best let's say....40% of the Republican vote. He cannot even pull a majority in his own party. So the likelihood of other candidate's supporters staying home on election day is quite good. I'd be willing to bet you cannot count on Ron Paul supporters voting for Romney. No matter what the Republican party will not be all "gung-ho" to go to the polls.

Then take into account the Left that would feverishly vote for any Democrat no matter whom it is.....just to spite the Republicans, and you have a recipie for an Obama win regardless of how the Left feels about him.

That's just my opinion, but this may not be a slam dunk like the Right is hoping.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

She's wrong unless Ron Paul is running against him. In which case she's right.

Anyone but Ron Paul will lose to Obama.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sabalsis1972

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

She's wrong unless Ron Paul is running against him. In which case she's right.

Anyone but Ron Paul will lose to Obama.

I think Peggy Noonan has been talking to the liberal Supreme Court justices.

- Bad news, ObamaCare is gone. - ............ Solyndra is gone.

It's going to be hard to rally around Dodd-Frank.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

There is no way the Electoral College is going to vote for Ron Paul.

It will be the Republican facing the DNC that will win.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Killing the Keystone Pipeline was a terrible decision for Obama.

I would be interested in hearing from you on how a pipeline sending oil from Canada to export terminals in Texas for on-shipment to Asia benefits America in any way whatsoever (other than port fees of course).

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are neglecting to factor that by virtue of being democrat (not black) he is pretty much guaranteed 85%+ of the black vote. His comments on the Treyvon Martin case could cost him more voters than gain them. Like I said something like 85%+ of black folks vote Democrat regardless. Romney excites me so little that before the president opined on the Martin case I was perfectly willing to either vote third party or maybe even for Obama. Romney is just too Wall Street and too Mormon for me, but Obama's comments on the Treyvon situation are so inappropriate in a situation so emotional with such a high potential for rioting are the height of irresponsibility. I have to assume that he is hoping for some type of racial strife to arise from this case, because he doesn't need to shore up the black vote, by virtue of being a Democrat he already has almost all of it.

Isn't that the truth? And what about Obama injecting himself in the case between the white cop and the black professor who was mistaken for trying to break into his own home? Obama invites them to the White House for a beer? There's no reason for Obama to get involved in these matters unless he's pulling the race card.

As a matter of fact, is there anyone else on here that followed the "White House Insider" series by Ulster Man?

The White House Insider said he knew from inside information that Obama had EVERY intention of pulling the race card during this election cycle.

Did anyone else catch all of the articles and pictures back in August of Obama showing off his favorite piece of art inside of the White House just outside of the Oval Office? The Norman Rockwell painting titled, "The Problem We All Live With"?
edit on 31-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

I would be interested in hearing from you on how a pipeline sending oil from Canada to export terminals in Texas for on-shipment to Asia benefits America in any way whatsoever (other than port fees of course).

An article from January has some figures about jobs.

Yet exactly how much work Keystone, a proposed 1,700-mile pipeline that would transport oil from Alberta, Canada, to the Texas Gulf Coast, would generate remains in dispute. Transcanada (TRP), the energy giant bidding to build the pipeline, projects the undertaking would create 20,000 jobs in the U.S., including 13,000 positions in construction and 7,000 in manufacturing.

That figure, based on a report by a consulting firm hired by Transcanada to assess the project's economic impact, has been widely cited by Keystone backers on Capitol Hill. Other estimates advanced by supporters of the pipeline have been even more optimistic, with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce claiming it could create 250,000 permanent U.S. jobs.
Keystone pipeline: How many jobs really at stake?

Jobs create tax revenues.

edit on Mar-31-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
By the way, how is Obama's 2013 budget failure, with absolutely zero votes, supposed to help support Obama as the next President?

Based on my understanding, the House Democrats have an alternate plan, but based on everything I'm reading, it doesn't appear to be of enough difference to warrant NO SUPPORT for Obama!

This only proves that the House & Senate Democrats have absolutely no faith in Obama, so why should America?

Of course we already know that the Senate Democrats are a bunch of deadbeats that haven't even proposed a budget since Obama took office three years ago. It looks like the House Democrats are the only ones trying to earn their keep.

Let's face it, Obama doesn't want to work with our current Democrats any more than he wants to work with our current Republicans.

"Rank and file House Dems poised to rally behind Van Hollen budget proposal"

thehill.com...
edit on 31-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
well peggy, then you would have to admit it will come down to how the economy is doing in november, and how much americans want a scumbag 1% er to get hold of the fed

I say he can't lose

romney is only winning because he has money, but guess what, obama has money too, only he hasn't spent any yet

can't lose

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yes, exactly right.

The Keystone Pipeline is going to be built - in spite of - Obama.

He is simply delaying the inevitable.

-------
It's too bad we don't have refineries in North Dakota.

We could distribute the Super Unleaded Gas & Diesel fuel from right there.

How hard could it be? Santorum says it's the good stuff up there. - Sweet Crude -

Creating a - glut - of gas in North Dakota would have a great ripple effect across

the entire nation.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
well peggy, then you would have to admit it will come down to how the economy is doing in november, and how much americans want a scumbag 1% er to get hold of the fed

I say he can't lose

romney is only winning because he has money, but guess what, obama has money too, only he hasn't spent any yet

can't lose

The SuperPacs will blast Obama all the way back to Chicago.

Newt said the other day that Etch - A - Sketch Romney has 17 billionaires throwing

money into his SuperPac.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa

The bottom half of the Keystone Pipeline is being built as we speak.

Obama didn't have the power to stop it.

Jobs...Jobs...Jobs!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I think Peggy Noonan is WRONG! I think the GOP is grossly underestimating Obama, and his supporters, and his fundraising capacity, and the Liberal voter machine that will turn out record numbers of voters. The GOP will have a lukewarm turnout for their lukewarm candidate that is a lukewarm conservative, so Peggy Noonan should have said that the GOP cannot win the election.

I agree, at least with the 1st & 3rd sentence it is the 2nd I have trouble with.

I personally do not believe for one minute that the GOP, intent in winning the presidency has preselected Romney as the man who can beat barry. Santorum is right that he is uniquely unqualified to deal with obama care. I don't care for him personally and when "die hard republicans" are saying they will "hold their nose and vote for him if he is the candidate I seriously doubt he will pick up many independents and undecided.

Look at the donors to Romney and barry and you will see a lot of the same entities. I think the fix is in, barry has said publicly at least 3 times that I am aware of that he has another term, not "if I'm reelected" but "when I'm reelected". For whatever reason (insert conspiracy here) the GOP has selected someone who probably can't beat barry. With all the fraud we have seen it seems they have gone to great lengths to see that Romney gets the nomination, only to lose to barry.

I am greatly disappointed at how they have done all they can to downplay Ron Paul. I think the common sense message of Ron Paul, given the light of day and some air time could really pull in some independents and undecided. The "die hard republicans" will always vote for the GOP candidate, and Democrats disappointed by barry's financial malfeasance and "let them eat cake" attitude who have had enough might vote for Paul but not Romney.

To sum it up, the fix is in Romney gets the GOP nomination barry gets reelected as a result. Why? Your guess is as good as mine, but we can clearly see it happening.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

he's doomed to be a 1 term president (if he doesnt get impeached before that... you know the whole Syria Thing

Syria thing?

How about Fast and Furious?

That's impeachable,and SHOULD be.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

he's doomed to be a 1 term president (if he doesnt get impeached before that... you know the whole Syria Thing

Syria thing?

How about Fast and Furious?

That's impeachable,and SHOULD be.

Looking at todays headlines: Syria is done and over with. Dictator remains in power.

---------
Fast & Furious could end with Eric Holder falling on his sword.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't even like Obama but I can tell you with 100% accuracy Romney doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to win against him.
None.
Even if every single Romney supporter voted, and just half of Obama supporters voted, Obama would still win. Romney has been chosen to basically just be cannon fodder to make the next election an absolute shoe in for Obama.
I mean does he even have the support of half of the GOP right now?
Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabalsis1972
who the # is peggy noonan ???? is miss peggy from muppets show????

She is not a cartoonish pundit onMSNBC, FOX, or CNN. She is actually aver well respected political commentator, who worked under the Reagan White House but is widely regarded to be rational and moderate, with a slight conservative bias.
In other words, a pretty good representation of white America. Well maybe except for the rational part.
edit on 31-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join