It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ : Peggy Noonan: Obama Cannot Win The Coming Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Obama will win because:

1/20/2008 S&P 500 = 800

3/30/2012 S&P 500 = 1408

608 / 800 = S&P 500 up 76% since Obama took office.

That doesn't include dividends of 8-10%

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

But having $6 gas right now is ideal! Having 11% unemployment right now is ideal! September and October things will settle back down, all the news will be good news, the press leading into the Christmas season will be hopeful, there will be tax refunds and loose supply of money, and we will either be coming off a military or a diplomatic victory in Iran. The accolades on cable news shows will have Obama propped up as the best president in American history, and people will have forgotten all about the $6 gas back in March and April.

Its all about spin.

Plus, like it or not, in November, Obama will still be black, and that will buy him a large part of the black vote, and he will still be a Democrat and that will buy him a large part of the Hispanic vote, and there will still be White Guilt which will keep the white folks from voting against him, and his opponent will still be a fat cat corporate shill that nobody wants to vote for. How can he possibly lose?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Obama will win because:

1/20/2008 S&P 500 = 800

3/30/2012 S&P 500 = 1408

Great post! Hang on to those numbers.

Check them again around October 30, 2012.

You may be in for a surprise.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

But having $6 gas right now is ideal! Having 11% unemployment right now is ideal! September and October things will settle back down, all the news will be good news, the press leading into the Christmas season will be hopeful, there will be tax refunds and loose supply of money, and we will either be coming off a military or a diplomatic victory in Iran. The accolades on cable news shows will have Obama propped up as the best president in American history, and people will have forgotten all about the $6 gas back in March and April.

Its all about spin.

Plus, like it or not, in November, Obama will still be black, and that will buy him a large part of the black vote, and he will still be a Democrat and that will buy him a large part of the Hispanic vote, and there will still be White Guilt which will keep the white folks from voting against him, and his opponent will still be a fat cat corporate shill that nobody wants to vote for. How can he possibly lose?

MSNBC Chris Matthews will not be using the word - ideal - around October 30, 2012.

Neither will Peggy Noonan. They both want to be on the right side of history.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I see 99% of blacks SAY they voted for him.

I also see 40% actually voting for him.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yup...

Nothing like choosing between the lesser of who cares...

Obama is having some fund raising issues, can't keep a chief of staff and has, imo, systematically screwed our allies over.

He is getting tagged for items beyond his control, like gas prices and unemployment, however his plans to try and fix those areas has not done much.

Congress in my opinion is to blame for where we are at. They are the ones who control the purse strings although tyhey have no issues opening it up when it comes to special interest.

Going back to singing God Save the Queen is looking better and better...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Obama will win because:

1/20/2008 S&P 500 = 800

3/30/2012 S&P 500 = 1408

Would you be real confident ?

I bet most Obamamites don't have the money or assets that would make them concerned.

In fact, many may view all that as negative !!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I see 99% of blacks SAY they voted for him.

I also see 40% actually voting for him.

I talk to the public on a daily basis, and the folks I talk to love Obama and hate our Republican governor.

I also live in a town with just about a 50/50 black/white population split and a large historic black university. They will be chartering busses and picking people up and taking them to the polls and staging marches from key areas of town up to the polls, and it will be ongoing for the entire early voting period, and there will be banners and billboards, and it will be on the sides of city busses and bus stops, and it will be on the local news every single night until the polls close.

You won't see the Republicans organizing in such a way, and you won't see the Tea Party driving out to suburbs to bring busloads of people into the polling stations, and you won't see them marching into the polls. They will be lackadaisical in their response as always, and they will assume the "anyone but Obama" meme will win the election without any extra effort of their own, and then they will sit at home and scoff at the news win Obama takes a double-digit win!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'd sing "Rose coloured glasses", just to stress my point.

You always have a chance of being right. Heck, SOMEONE has a chance of winning the lottery tonight.

But I think you're wrong.

After the election, ONE of us will be writing a big apology thead.

That's about the only ting thats guaranteed this election!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

After the election, ONE of us will be writing a big apology thead.

Well I hope its me!!
Although, with a choice between Romney and Obama, I'll probably choose Budweiser on election day.
edit on 30-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree that Obama won the '08 election on the premise of change and subsequently dropped the ball. But I do not see the left being so disenfranchised as to vote for a Republican.

I just don't see it happening. We do have a disenfranchised Republican party though and I believe it will be fractured just enough so that Obama will win even if his support is lower than "08.

We will have to wait and see what happens, but in my opinion the numbers and environment within the Republican party points to a potential reelection of Obama. Anything is possible though.

edit on 30-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

I agree that Obama won the '08 election on the premise of change and subsequently dropped the ball. But I do not see the left being so disenfranchised as to vote for a Republican.

I just don't see it happening. We do have a disenfranchised Republican party though and I believe it will be fractured just enough so that Obama will win even if his support is lower than "08.

We will have to wait and see what happens, but in my opinion the numbers and environment within the Republican party points to a potential reelection of Obama. Anything is possible though.

edit on 30-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

It'll be a silent protest against Obama.

People are afraid of being labeled hater/racist/oreo .

So they'll say one thing but do another.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

How will a republican in the white house reduce the debt to 12 billion? When has ANY republican, since Nixon, actually reduced the size of the national debt?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I think Peggy Noonan is WRONG! I think the GOP is grossly underestimating Obama, and his supporters, and his fundraising capacity, and the Liberal voter machine that will turn out record numbers of voters. The GOP will have a lukewarm turnout for their lukewarm candidate that is a lukewarm conservative, so Peggy Noonan should hve said that the GOP cannot win the election.

Everything will become more clear to you on June 29, 2012.

The SCOTUS judgement on ObamaCare will be devastating.

All of the James Carville spin in the world won't change that.

When you add in the high price of gas, that will spell the end of Obamas

radical modus operandi. You will hear whispers about Hillary getting a phone call.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

Remember this line from Star Wars:

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

That's Obama and the liberals if Obamacare is killed. It will polarize the unwashed masses like nothing else could. Obama will become a martyr of sorts, garnering enough sympathy to completely destroy his opposition.

Then he'll move on to finishing off America.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
And Mitt Romney can?

2nd

It will be the GOP candidate's race to lose.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
An even better discussion of why Obama won't win next November:
www.alternativeright.com...

Ignore the Nazi comparisons. Everything else is dead on accurate.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by pirhanna

There is honestly zero chance in hell of any of those republican candidates winning the presidential election. They are so nutty they make Obama look good even though he's not been good or even been what he said he would be.

Besides, he's 99% the same as GW Bush was and you republicans loved that guy.

Election will go like this:

Obama 40%
Romney 35%
Ron Paul write-ins: 15%
Other: 10%

I'll be doing a Ron Paul write-in or not voting.

So you're voting for Obama then

edit on 30-3-2012 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You are neglecting to factor that by virtue of being democrat (not black) he is pretty much guaranteed 85%+ of the black vote. His comments on the Treyvon Martin case could cost him more voters than gain them. Like I said something like 85%+ of black folks vote Democrat regardless. Romney excites me so little that before the president opined on the Martin case I was perfectly willing to either vote third party or maybe even for Obama. Romney is just too Wall Street and too Mormon for me, but Obama's comments on the Treyvon situation are so inappropriate in a situation so emotional with such a high potential for rioting are the height of irresponsibility. I have to assume that he is hoping for some type of racial strife to arise from this case, because he doesn't need to shore up the black vote, by virtue of being a Democrat he already has almost all of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

The Elite made him, The Elite will break him if he doesn't do as he's told!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Anyone Insane Enough to Vote for Obamanation in 2012 should have their Head Examined , then be Publicly Horse Whipped on National T.V. . Sane People in this Country are getting Pretty Darn Tired with the Idiotcy of the Brain Dead Masses of Democraptic Sheeple Voters who go along with Everything this Pretender President's Self Destructive Policies Dictate . ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!! .........

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join