It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ : Peggy Noonan: Obama Cannot Win The Coming Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Good point. The Electoral College elects the President not the general public.

Hopefully, the Ron Paul supporters will - see the light - around November 2012.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Obama won't win for a variety of reasons.

But I think the biggest reason is common sense.

Obama was a junior senator from a midwestern state. He had little experience in government (thus an outsider) he had little (if any) experience in business, but that was glossed over.
His radical ties coincided with his community organizing/activist ideology.

But people wantd a change. They actually believed in him. They thought things would get better.

They didn't.

It just got worse.

High unemployment (we don't even talk about it anymore)
Falling dollar
Failed economy
Failed government programs.
Rising gas prices.
A foul foreign policy.

Polls will say that he can still win.

But people won't be honest with pollsters for fear of the race card being played. Obama has played it so much and has counted on PC guilt for so long that we don't know what the truth is anymore.

People will be afraid to say what they think.

That Obama has failed.

But they won't lie at the voting booths.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
from the article:

What is happening is that the president is coming across more and more as a trimmer, as an operator who's not operating in good faith. This is hardening positions and leading to increased political bitterness. And it's his fault, too. As an increase in polarization is a bad thing, it's a big fault.

The shift started on Jan. 20, with the mandate that agencies of the Catholic Church would have to provide services the church finds morally repugnant. The public reaction? "You're kidding me. That's not just bad judgment and a lack of civic tact, it's not even constitutional!" Faced with the blowback, the president offered a so-called accommodation that even its supporters recognized as devious. Not ill-advised, devious. Then his operatives flooded the airwaves with dishonest—not wrongheaded, dishonest—charges that those who defend the church's religious liberties are trying to take away your contraceptives.

What a sour taste this all left. How shocking it was, including for those in the church who'd been in touch with the administration and were murmuring about having been misled.

Many Obamamites are getting that "lump in the throat" feeling.

Many are suffering from uncontrollable migraine headaches.

The hair on the back of their necks is standing up.

Many Democrats in Congress are very worried of a "reverse" coat tail loss in November.

Many politicians are also very aware of the fact that People in general
are seeing through all the BeeEss and malarkey.

The economy will ultimately be the downfall.

Many People in general are very skeptical of the "facts & figures" being presented by the White House.

Many average People are insulted by the cheap provincial conceited arrogance.

G-u-l-p !!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Being that this is a conspiracy website... (or what used to pass for one), I have to play the cards dealt; the same thing could be read as a guaranteed win for Obama. This has nothing to do with politics (though there is a lot of that here at ATS now). Nope, in this case, those old PTB choose who will win and lose while We the People get to pretend that we elect them.

Right now, Obama serves a number of purposes being in the White House, just as Dubya did for two terms. A second Obama term would further their usage so... it may be that Ms. Noonan needs to check in the the Bilderbergs, the MSM and the military/industrial complex (among others) before writing him off.

edit on 30-3-2012 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So all you Obama haters out there.

How do you account for the job growth and unemployment down repeatedly and
consistently?

Or the 13,000 DOW industrial average?

If you guys lie about it like you do here, you are gonna turn people off, it
is not that hard to check those facts you know.

I think Obama is gonna have a very hard time being re elected

You guys have created a very powerful mythology, many of you believe
your own lies so I certainly don't underestimate your political machine.

I think the debates will really uncover a lot. Fact is Romney did force
mandates on people, so it will be very hard for him to go after Obama
on that because Obama can turn it around with very few words.

Romney has also said some really out of touch things, many in you tribe
use to say Obama was an Elite... Well I have news for you guys, Romney
in ACTUALLY and elite, he makes Obama's total net worth every two months.
Romney is also a professional corporate raider, that will be hard to combat
because his out of touch remarks go with that narrative.

It's gonna be hard to get traction with the rhetorical stuff due to the candidate.

Obama on the other had is hated and the economy is not cranking yet, gas
is gonna be the GOPs best rhetorical trust (I notice you guys have caught on
too, very smart)

But I think Obama is gonna eat dick with the electoral college, that is my biggest
concern for him, it seems almost impossible when you consider that.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Being that this is a conspiracy website... (or what used to pass for one), I have to play the cards dealt; the same thing could be read as a guaranteed win for Obama. This has nothing to do with politics (though there is a lot of that here at ATS now). Nope, in this case, those old PTB choose who will win and lose while We the People get to pretend that we elect them.

Right now, Obama serves a number of purposes being in the White House, just as Dubya did for two terms. A second Obama term would further their usage so... it may be that Ms. Noonan needs to check in the the Bilderbergs, the MSM and the military/industrial complex (among others) before writing him off.

Well from your perspective... All that PTB money has been put behind Romney this
cycle, which is telling...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

The Food Stamp President must go.

The GDP must go to $20 Trillion.

The National Debt needs to be reduced to $12 Trillion.

Only a Republican in the White House can make that happen.

The $16 Trillion debt bomb has the Federal Reserve very nervous.

Peggy Noonan and Chris Matthews have already jumped ship. Who's next?
edit on 30-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This is precisely why he WILL BE re-elected!!

All those people on foodstamps will not risk electing a GOPer. All those fat cats benefiting from the $12T debt and questionable Fed practices will not elect someone promising to end it.

And, worse yet, look at all the Billionairres supporting Romney. Even if Romney where to actually defeat Obama, what difference would it make? Where is he going to do anything significantly different? He will just be an extension of what Obama is doing anyway, and that is why the true Conservatives such as you and I will not be excited about voting for him, and he won't get the support he needs to defeat Obama.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't think that this article takes into account the Republican side of things.

Yes, Obama has some red marks on his record so far but is it enough to make his supporters run to support Romney? I don't think so.

We have a divided Republican party that will be lucky to have an average voter turnout on election day. The left will show up no matter what and would rather vote for a failed Obama than a Republican any day. You also have a section of Republicans that would rather stay home...or dare I say vote for Obama, then vote for Romney.

This election has the potential to be a complete blowout for Obama! Articles like this come from a very narrow point of view and does not take all the factors into account before they spout off with such nonsense.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

All those people on foodstamps will not risk electing a GOPer. All those fat cats benefiting from the $12T debt and questionable Fed practices will not elect someone promising to end it.

And, worse yet, look at all the Billionairres supporting Romney. Even if Romney where to actually defeat Obama, what difference would it make? Where is he going to do anything significantly different? .

Romney will be worse because he believes and has practiced the Outsourcing and downsizing
ethos which ships jobs everywhere but here.

You'll see...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

This election has the potential to be a complete blowout for Obama! Articles like this come from a very narrow point of view and does not take all the factors into account before they spout off with such nonsense.

That is my prediction. I think Obama will win with numbers as high as Clintons were for his 2nd term. I think Obama will cruise through the election, and I think his 2nd term policies will make his first term look like child's play! The country is on a very dangerous road ahead.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Obama won't win for a variety of reasons.

But I think the biggest reason is common sense.

Obama was a junior senator from a midwestern state. He had little experience in government (thus an outsider) he had little (if any) experience in business, but that was glossed over.
His radical ties coincided with his community organizing/activist ideology.

But people wantd a change. They actually believed in him. They thought things would get better.

They didn't.

It just got worse.

High unemployment (we don't even talk about it anymore)
Falling dollar
Failed economy
Failed government programs.
Rising gas prices.
A foul foreign policy.

Polls will say that he can still win.

But people won't be honest with pollsters for fear of the race card being played. Obama has played it so much and has counted on PC guilt for so long that we don't know what the truth is anymore.

People will be afraid to say what they think.

That Obama has failed.

But they won't lie at the voting booths.

Yes, the falling US Dollar. QE- 1 & QE-2 are sophisticated fastballs thrown past

the American people. Most people don't even know what QE-2 is?

------
The unemployment rate is really closer to 11%.

According to government statistics, if the same number of people were seeking work

today as in 2007, the unemployment rate would be 11%.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Actually I checked several sources and as of December 26, 2011 Obama had completed 90 rounds of golf.
If by rounds one is speaking of individual holes of golf it would be as of that date 1620 holes of golfing.
More than double that of Bush, and Bush did stop golfing during crisis situations.
So 9000 rounds at 18 holes a round is a bit over the top. But he has played twice the amount of his predecessors.
One link added to verify. There are many others that also say 90 rounds of golf as of that date.

www.whitehousedossier.com...

DH

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

And, worse yet, look at all the Billionairres supporting Romney. Even if Romney where to actually defeat Obama, what difference would it make? Where is he going to do anything significantly different? He will just be an extension of what Obama is doing anyway, and that is why the true Conservatives such as you and I will not be excited about voting for him, and he won't get the support he needs to defeat Obama.

An ARMY of Americans disgusted over $6 a gallon gas will race to the voting booth

and vote for ABO. - Anybody But Obama -

Why do you think Peggy Noonan turned on Obama? She sees the truth. It's over.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That is my prediction. I think Obama will win with numbers as high as Clintons were for his 2nd term. I think Obama will cruise through the election, and I think his 2nd term policies will make his first term look like child's play! The country is on a very dangerous road ahead.

I honestly feel that both of you are wrong. People were bitter and disillusioned in 08. They were voting for "hope and change".

Well, they/we all got "change".

But no hope for a better future. Instead we have austerity measures and higher taxes to look forward to if Obama is re-elected.

I predict a blow-out alright.

But one against Obama.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Actually I checked several sources and as of December 26, 2011 Obama had completed 90 rounds of golf.
If by rounds one is speaking of individual holes of golf it would be as of that date 1620 holes of golfing.
More than double that of Bush, and Bush did stop golfing during crisis situations.
So 9000 rounds at 18 holes a round is a bit over the top. But he has played twice the amount of his predecessors.
One link added to verify. There are many others that also say 90 rounds of golf as of that date.

www.whitehousedossier.com...

DH

I see. Isn't it odd that you conveniently ignored the Peggy Noonan article? Hmmm....
edit on 30-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

An ARMY of Americans disgusted over $6 a gallon gas will race to the voting booth

and vote for ABO. - Anybody But Obama -

Why do you think Peggy Noonan turned on Obama? She sees the truth. It's over.

I disagree, but we'll see. There is still plenty of time between now and November for the most powerful man in the world to spin-doctor the press and manipulate the statistics and create an environment where he is the only logical choice. The incumbent holds all the cards. He has a heck of a lot of influence whereas the challenger just has empty words.

Not that I think he will need to put all that much effort into defeating Romney anyway.

And believe me, I don't want to see Obama re-elected, but I don't want to see Romney elected either, so where does that leave us?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I honestly feel that both of you are wrong. People were bitter and disillusioned in 08. They were voting for "hope and change".

Well, they/we all got "change".

But no hope for a better future. Instead we have austerity measures and higher taxes to look forward to if Obama is re-elected.

I predict a blow-out alright.

But one against Obama.

Exactly right.

That is precisely why the DNC will be making a phone call to Hillary Clinton.

She won't win but at least it will look better in the history books.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Exactly right.

That is precisely why the DNC will be making a phone call to Hillary Clinton.

She won't win but at least it will look better in the history books.

You can't honestly believe that? That is just your ATS-conspiracy side talking. There is not a snowball's chance in hell of the DNC abandoning Obama, and even if they did, Hillary is far too savvy to accept a losing proposition such as that. Hillary will wait patiently for 2016, where she will hopefully be defeated by Huntsman, assuming we still have a Republic of States by then!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Those $6 a gallon gas signs are up all over the USA.

There is no way of hiding it. Americans see those signs and smoke is coming out of their

ears. Nancy Pelosi taught them how to think. She blamed Bush. Remember?

Obama should have approved the Keystone Pipeline.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join