It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are The Protests Against the Killing of Shaima Al Awadi?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think all murders are hate crimes but new evidence shows this might not have been a "hate crime".
Hopefully they will find the killer, whoever that may be and they will be properly punished.
Very sad when things like this happen.

Records Suggest Iraqi Mother’s Murder Was Not a Hate Crime – She Wanted a Divorce!

Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 7:40 PM

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

excerpt:
New records suggest that Shaima Alawadi’s murder was not a hate crime.
She was planning a divorce from her husband and move to Texas.
excerpt:
Search warrant records obtained Wednesday in the beating death of an Iraqi-American woman show a family in turmoil and cast doubt on the likelihood that her slaying was a hate crime.
edit on 5-4-2012 by AmericanDaughter because: spelling correction

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Thanks for the update.... I am at a loss to comment.

Either way, lunatic hate-monger, or disgruntled family-member, it is terribly sad.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There is already racial tensions between westerners and Arabs/Persians, so they don't need to spark it much. In fact, we're involved in some silly wars over there in case anyone forgot. So that card's been played, no sense in trying to stoke the fires for that one.

Not enough domestic tension between Blacks, Latinos and Whites though. Need to stoke that fire... spin every story. Hope for violence, hope for ratings.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes; it is. Her poor kids no longer have a mommy and that's just for starters.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
In before this turns into a Religion bashing fest.

Just remember the crusades were in response to what the followers of islam did first,

Every attack since then is just a continuation of this cycle of Attack>Retaliation>Attack>Repeat

Either get used to it, or learn to see eachother as the SAME species and show common respect.

Until then it will always keep happening & yes you (all of you) are to blame.

Show me the common respect here- dont blame me for this oh pure one
Islamic Sharia Law in Brief
islammonitor.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
In before this turns into a Religion bashing fest.

Just remember the crusades were in response to what the followers of islam did first,

Every attack since then is just a continuation of this cycle of Attack>Retaliation>Attack>Repeat

Either get used to it, or learn to see eachother as the SAME species and show common respect.

Until then it will always keep happening & yes you (all of you) are to blame.

Show me the common respect here- dont blame me for this oh pure one
Islamic Sharia Law in Brief
islammonitor.org...

stop trying to study islam, and shari'a from someone who isn't muslim, and who has many flaws just in the first few paragraphs of their crappy article....

I don't understand why people will go to these sites, as if these people know. I've studied islam for 20 years, and I opened up myself to any questions, just u2u me.

Would you study bhuddism from a catholic?

come on, we're better than this.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I am free to do as I choose. I cannot lean from someone whose existence is based 1000 years in the past. Who should be the teacher?
I know all I need to know about Islam, programmer
do not include me, when you use the word we.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
They focus on trayvon martin, but ignore the arabs. They portray nothing sympathetic about arabs in the news.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Remember, this woman came from a country that we invaded and occupied for nearly a decade and someone comes along and calls her the Terrorist and kills her. This is total irony and it really hits home for me for personal reasons. It's definitely not getting the coverage it deserves. Media coverage = Increased pressure for law enforcement to do their job.

May justice find it's mark in this case.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by molochsolomon

Don’t hold your breath waiting for the United Nations to request an investigation

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is the kind of crime for why there is hate crime legislation.

There is no robbery.
There is no rape.
There is no crime of passion.
This wasn't a home robbery.

She was beaten to death because she was a Muslim. That's it. No other reason, and certainly no other kind of motive.

But yes, this is not an isolated incident. The reason why it's not a hot item is because the media does NOT care unless it's a black person or a homosexual being targeted.

Here's an example:

www.nea.org...

This is not an isolated event.

If racism is wrong, it's wrong for EVERYONE, and you just can't pick and choose.

Just one of the many reasons why I can't believe that racism has ended in America. America is made up largely of racists, and racism will never end.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
This is the kind of crime for why there is hate crime legislation.

There is no robbery.
There is no rape.
There is no crime of passion.
This wasn't a home robbery.

She was beaten to death because she was a Muslim. That's it. No other reason, and certainly no other kind of motive.

But yes, this is not an isolated incident. The reason why it's not a hot item is because the media does NOT care unless it's a black person or a homosexual being targeted.

Here's an example:

www.nea.org...

This is not an isolated event.

If racism is wrong, it's wrong for EVERYONE, and you just can't pick and choose.

Just one of the many reasons why I can't believe that racism has ended in America. America is made up largely of racists, and racism will never end.

You sure seem to know a lot about the case.

Who let you read the case files?

I would bet you $100 that she not only knew her killer, it was a family member.

Hatecrime perpetrators don't leave notes, and if they did it wouldn't read the wat it did.

And I say this without looking at any case files, time will prove me correct on this one.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't bet money. But I will bet you a hundred stars that you're wrong. A family member wouldn't leave a note saying go back to your country, you terrorist, now would they?

If you win, I'll owe you a hundred stars. If I win, you'll owe me.

Deal?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I don't bet money. But I will bet you a hundred stars that you're wrong. A family member wouldn't leave a note saying go back to your country, you terrorist, now would they?

If you win, I'll owe you a hundred stars. If I win, you'll owe me.

Deal?

Yes, they would.

It throw's the attention in another direction, detectives call them red herrings.

Think about how a typical American bigot talks, then think about about how immigrants talk, their phrasing.

I think you will find that the phrase "you terrorists" is very telling here.

Think about this too, the daughter was home for the entire attack, yet says she heard nothing. And there was no damage to the house. Skinhead types don't leave notes on kitchen counters, they spraypaint it on the walls while trashing the room.

This was done by someone she was close to.

And it's a bet on those stars.
edit on 13-4-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

All right then, keep the case updated will you? It will take several months solve it, if it ever gets solved.

And that note may not be a red herring. Because, if it is a family member, what is the motive? There is very little to go here, and any conclusion will be an assumption.

Let's wait until all the facts are in and a person has been brought to trial, shall we?

Edit:

so what happens if neither of us are correct? Would you care to call it a draw and say nobody owes anything?
edit on 13-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The motivation for this brutal murder was written on the note, if indeed that is what the killer really was thinking, and there is no reason for this kind of vigilantism. The current Prez does not want to inflame muslims though, although this could be a perfect storm for that kind of division. Current Prez and media wants to minimize focus on Islamic activities while inflaming tensions between black and white, and I guess now hispanic. It was of course popular during the Bush years to maximinze anything looking like ethnic profiling or hate crime, such as the shocking pictures of Abu Graib. The media was all over that one. They could make it look like Bush's fault then.

Also I don't see very many American feminists making pleas for women's rights in Islamic countries. Where are all those human rights activists? Oh yes complaining that Sarah Palin killed some wolves in Alaska.
edit on 13-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by AGWskeptic

All right then, keep the case updated will you? It will take several months solve it, if it ever gets solved.

And that note may not be a red herring. Because, if it is a family member, what is the motive? There is very little to go here, and any conclusion will be an assumption.

Let's wait until all the facts are in and a person has been brought to trial, shall we?

Edit:

so what happens if neither of us are correct? Would you care to call it a draw and say nobody owes anything?
edit on 13-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

It's not being treated as a hate crime yet, they are looking at different possiblities...

- She was planning to divorce her husband and move to Texas where other relatives live.
- The note left behind was a photo copy.
- The 17 yr old daughter was very upset about being set up for an arranged marriage.
- The daughter was home with the mother at the time of the murder.

The husband and daughter took her to Iraq to be buried and were to be gone for two weeks. That was back at the beginning of the month. The two people with the most motive have left the country. I wonder if they are coming back.

www.utsandiego.com...

www.utsandiego.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
www.patheos.com...

The latter has turned into a major point of contention for the American Muslim community. If we acknowledge the likely possibility that Alawadi’s death was part of a familial dispute does that mean our valid claims of anti-Muslim attacks or hate crimes will not be taken seriously? And moreover, will we be expected, once again, to accept communal responsibility for a person committing violence who happens to share our faith?

The fact is, more than a third of American women murdered each year are killed by a person known intimately. This is regardless of race, ethnicity or religion. According to several governmental and organizational studies these numbers increase, however, to over fifty percent when we examine cases of immigrant women murdered.

On the other hand, according to an FBI report released last year, crimes of anti-Muslim bias account for about 13% of all religiously biased hate crimes. Furthermore, the Council on American Islamic Relations reports that in 2009, under 6% of its total complaints were allegations of verbal and physical threat or violence.

This means that even if we were to double the numbers for Islamophobic violence against Muslims, to account for the cases that may have gone unreported or been misclassified, statistically a Muslim woman of an immigrant family in the United States is more likely to be killed by a member of her family than to be attacked by a stranger for being Muslim

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by molochsolomon
They focus on trayvon martin, but ignore the arabs. They portray nothing sympathetic about arabs in the news.

Media makes their news to fit their agenda. It is more sensational to go after the powerful white man that kills the poor minority black. In this case, stemming from nothing more than an altercation. The same with the powerful US. It is always more sensational to villainize the more powerful, regardless of their intentions. Most controllers of media are nothing more than garbage peddlers, selling their goods to dumpster diving bums.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

I knew it.

The whole story smelled from day one.

Reminds me of the Tawana Brawley case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join