It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vint Cerf attacks European internet policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For those of you who think Al Gore is the creator of the internet you should understand who Vint Cerf is.

Vint Cerf is one of the "true" founders of the internet and he is condemning a European proposal to regulate the internet.

Vint Cerf, one of the founders of the internet, has condemned a central plank of European proposals to regulate the internet as impractical to enforce and 'terrifying' in prospect.

Mr Cerf, often called the father of the internet, said that the so-called ‘right to be forgotten’ online was “not possible to achieve”. He told The Telegraph, “You can’t go out and remove content from everybody’s computer just because you want the world to forget about something. I don’t think it’s a practical proposition at all.”

Please click the link for the full article

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

This reminds me of the movie I Am Number Four, where they keep deleting all info about the main character from the internet, so that he can stay hidden from the bad guys.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by KnightFire

This reminds me of the movie I Am Number Four, where they keep deleting all info about the main character from the internet, so that he can stay hidden from the bad guys.

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading the article. It's funny how people fail to understand that one change that effects something in one country effects the whole world on the internet. That's why they call it the World Wide Web.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading the article. It's funny how people fail to understand that one change that effects something in one country effects the whole world on the internet. That's why they call it the World Wide Web.

Ha ha yes the name is there for a reason.

Perhaps possible to use quantum entanglement to delete or rewrite info on the entire interwebz even on computers not connected for the moment when the script is running

But I do not really know anything about things like that so I am perhaps just talking lunylanguage.

top topics

join