It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs Atheism: The Facts

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
QUOTES GOT MESSED UP IN PREVIOUS POST

Originally posted by Starchild23

And it does not share similarities with god?

I lack belief in god.

By the way, I follow that belief. That is why I consider myself neither Christian nor atheist. Because I believe in something we could call a "god",...unfortunately, we lack the precise terminology and understanding to accurately define it.

Yes - I know you follow that belief (or similar) - - which is why I posted what I did. I thought it would be "friendly" and reduce frustration. To let you know we are not opposites - - only that I see it a bit differently.

I realize some call any consciousness/force God. I do not - - and I will not.

I do/will perceive it from a science perspective only.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Indeed. Addressing it from a faith perspective often tempts whimsical humanity to attribute it with all kinds of wisdom and power...

Because that's what we look for in a fairy godmother, and that's what we all (Judiacs, I mean) hope is really out there. We're too small and fearful to accept that it might be anything other than a kindly old man looking down with a smile and a helping hand.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Indeed. Addressing it from a faith perspective often tempts whimsical humanity to attribute it with all kinds of wisdom and power...

Because that's what we look for in a fairy godmother, and that's what we all (Judiacs, I mean) hope is really out there. We're too small and fearful to accept that it might be anything other than a kindly old man looking down with a smile and a helping hand.

I think we reached an understanding

I do understand how some need comfort in the "fantasy".

Me? I see it more like "plug in to electric socket" - - we come to life.

I do think billions of billions years ago a consciousness evolved from energy. That everything is a creation of energy thought. If that original consciousness energy pulled the plug - - everything would cease to exist.

I believe there are layers upon layers upon layers of created existences. Just like when you yourself have a thought and then act on that thought creating more from that original thought.

I think the universe is pretty much like earth - - good people - bad people - lazy people - greedy people - etc.

I think the universe is very political - - just like earth. I do hope my own consciousness is from a higher realm then this physical world.

I understand "Star Children" - - much more then you think I might.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Wow. The idea has reached more people that I thought.

At least some are seeing it for the truth it is.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Wow. The idea has reached more people that I thought.

At least some are seeing it for the truth it is.

I've had experiences since birth. I've always known there is something beyond "see-feel-touch".

In the 50s - - there was no one to talk to - - there was only church. My quest for understanding was in the quest to understand God. It is in my quest to find and understand God - - that I went beyond that.

Interestingly - - my mom was into all this back then - - but she never told me. Maybe it was her Catholic upbringing that she felt the need to keep it hidden. Her best friend was a psychic and friends with Gina Cerminara. One of my father's brothers (who I never knew) was a lecturer for the Edcar Cayce A.R.E. My mom was one of the original members of Norman Vincent Peale's first church.

I think there is lineage in those awakening. Even those who come from religious strict parents - - you will often find that - - at least one of their parents or a grandparent had some kind of "experience". I think some become overly religious out of guilt - or fear that these experiences are the Devil.

A Pagan psychic friend told me I'm a Pleiadian foundation builder. An energy support system - - strengthening the grid. Does that make sense to you?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Pleiadian foundation builder

I am kinda-sorta-friends with an elder woman of the age of 67...she says that her soul is originally from that planet.

It seems that a lot of those who are "awakened" (semantics aside) have some sort of Pleiadian connection. I may need to visit a psychic and find out if I have some sort of connection...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Pleiadian foundation builder

I am kinda-sorta-friends with an elder woman of the age of 67...she says that her soul is originally from that planet.

It seems that a lot of those who are "awakened" (semantics aside) have some sort of Pleiadian connection. I may need to visit a psychic and find out if I have some sort of connection...

I have no idea if it is true.

I just can't deny the multiple experiences I've had.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Care to share?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Care to share?

The experiences?

Oh - I've shared them in some other threads. Its not really within this topic.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join