It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs Atheism: The Facts

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

OK I think I get it...Proof in your world means simply "I believe it!" It doesn't bother you to read "God said...." and then realize the only reference you have is a book? Or perhaps it doesn't keep you up nights realizing that those in the collective support you readily with their own interpretations of the same book. Look don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting the book is a complete load of lies and idiocy, it's clearly been put out there for a reason. Nobody involved in the writing of it stood to gain large sums of cash...But there it is! At the end of the day though, it was put together operating with handed down beliefs and five limited senses and then altered over time to suit those with agenda driven motives. IMO what your left with is with all respect nothing short of a manipulated fairytale of the period.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ok. I watched the film. The author of the film is basically doing the same thing that he said the Zeitgeist author did. He tries to dismantle the fact that their is no basis for Paganism in Christianity. From your point of view I'm sure he did a fine job. From my point of view he did not.

We all know that the Adonis "religion" is much older than Christianity. What about Horus? He predates Christianity by a few thousand years.

Reverse copying: A strong case can be made that wholesale copying of beliefs and rituals by various religions has occurred in the past. However, as noted above, some Christian beliefs and practices may have stolen by the followers of Mithra from their Christian rivals rather than vice versa. This theory might have some validity with respect to Mithraism. However, it cannot explain the stories of the life of Horus which proceeded Jesus' ministry in the first century CE by a few thousand years.

Source

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
Ok. I watched the film. The author of the film is basically doing the same thing that he said the Zeitgeist author did. He tries to dismantle the fact that their is no basis for Paganism in Christianity. From your point of view I'm sure he did a fine job. From my point of view he did not.

We all know that the Adonis "religion" is much older than Christianity. What about Horus? He predates Christianity by a few thousand years.

Reverse copying: A strong case can be made that wholesale copying of beliefs and rituals by various religions has occurred in the past. However, as noted above, some Christian beliefs and practices may have stolen by the followers of Mithra from their Christian rivals rather than vice versa. This theory might have some validity with respect to Mithraism. However, it cannot explain the stories of the life of Horus which proceeded Jesus' ministry in the first century CE by a few thousand years.

Source

I don't believe you did watch the video there is more than one part to it. He talks about Adonis and Horis. And nothing pre-dates the old testament. Atleast this man was honest unlike the zeitguist people that were caught lying and making things up.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

OK I think I get it...Proof in your world means simply "I believe it!" It doesn't bother you to read "God said...." and then realize the only reference you have is a book? Or perhaps it doesn't keep you up nights realizing that those in the collective support you readily with their own interpretations of the same book. Look don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting the book is a complete load of lies and idiocy, it's clearly been put out there for a reason. Nobody involved in the writing of it stood to gain large sums of cash...But there it is! At the end of the day though, it was put together operating with handed down beliefs and five limited senses and then altered over time to suit those with agenda driven motives. IMO what your left with is with all respect nothing short of a manipulated fairytale of the period.

Nope... Show's you don't know what your talking about. Here's proof that the bible wasn't corrupted or changed to suit an agenda: And as for the early christians gaining large sums of cash from the bible... That is a JOKE??? Jesus made them sell or there possessions.... Have you ever read the Book of Acts? I doubt it. God inspired man to write the bible through the HOLY SPIRIT. 3rd person of the triune Godhead, the bible is INFALLIBLE. You are creating your own fairytale for making up reality in the last part of your post!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The film you posted was only 10 minutes long, so yes I did watch the film.

There is no one in the old testament named Jesus.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You must have misread him. He said:

Nobody involved in the writing of it stood to gain large sums of cash..

link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by samlf3rd

I don't care about religion, I care about truth. Jesus is God in the flesh and I find it very worrying that you compare him to the likes of Bon Jovi. What does that say about your spirit? Just because you had a bad religious experience with some weird wacky religion does not hold any relevance what so ever. Praise Jesus the King of kings, the Alpha and the Omega. Yeshua is lord!

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.
edit on 31-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

To me it says his spirit is operational and Jesus perhaps WAS god in the flesh! How you move Jesus from a book into "is God in the flesh" eludes me! With your final statement in that post and the following Biblicle quote, it occurs to me that I may have been wrong about Christians...They're not really out to convert me but rather, convince themselves

link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall

The film you posted was only 10 minutes long, so yes I did watch the film.

There is no one in the old testament named Jesus.

Your funny
The whole of the Old Testament points forward to, and prophesies about, Christ. The Law of Moses, which Israel had to obey before the time of Christ, constantly pointed forward to Jesus: "The law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ" (Gal. 3:24).

biblebasicsonline.com...

Ignorance can be cured with education.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Going to bed. Gotta get my sermon ready for Sunday.
2nd

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I don't care about religion, I care about truth. Jesus is God in the flesh and I find it very worrying that you compare him to the likes of Bon Jovi. What does that say about your spirit? Just because you had a bad religious experience with some weird wacky religion does not hold any relevance what so ever. Praise Jesus the King of kings, the Alpha and the Omega. Yeshua is lord!

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

To me it says his spirit is operational and Jesus perhaps WAS god in the flesh! How you move Jesus from a book into "is God in the flesh" eludes me! With your final statement in that post and the following Biblicle quote, it occurs to me that I may have been wrong about Christians...They're not really out to convert me but rather, convince themselves

Just going to ignore you from now on since you seem to have nothing better to do than troll.

Have a nice day!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Fair enough

However when you get the irrefutable proof up and running I'll be all ears

"Just going to ignore you from now on since you seem to have nothing better to do than troll.

Have a nice day! "

Trolling for TRUTH brother that's all and if you have it, sadly I'm unconvinced...As usual!
edit on 31-3-2012 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

So I'm trolling because I want to go to bed? It's 1:00 AM here and some people need some sleep. Ok. I will answer you're last one,.

Gal: 3:24. Jesus is not there. It speaks of the Christ but not of someone named Jesus. Christ is also not there at the time. When you have the documents of a faith and you are going to create a religion from those documents it is so easy to do so.

Jesus was not in the Old Testament, no where. As for your little stabbing comment about me being ignorant I will let that pass because I'm better than that. I don't have to resort to name calling to get a point across.

My bad. You weren't talking to me.
Feel bad now. I apologize.

edit on 3/31/2012 by mikelkhall because: Made a baaaad mistake.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Just going to ignore you from now on since you seem to have nothing better to do than troll.

Have a nice day!

Should we ignore you because; all you do is spout nonsense from a fairy tale book written several thousand years ago?

You a troll as well, just because you have evidence from a 2000 year old book makes none of your claims any more valid than the next guy that says you are full of #.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Have a nice day!

Tell you what, have your so called god ring me for tea, some afternoon and i might consider converting to the cult you call christainanty...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
reply to post by Starchild23

This has been explained over and over. I am an atheist because I reject the claim that gods exist. That's all man. How everything got here, I don't know. What does the evidence suggest? That's what we need to find out.

I could say that it was the big bang that caused it. Another atheist might say the universe has always existed. Another atheist may say something different than that. All we have in common is that we do not believe gods exist. Why is that so hard to understand? I mean, believers even reject all gods but their own. We just go one step further.

As far as caring and loving for each other, I am in the same boat as you. It's hard to do that though when you are told you are going to burn for an eternity because you don't believe the same as somebody else.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

The evidence suggest that there is a whole existing in this reality. A sum of all parts. You might feel disconnected from everything but if only you existed (no food, planet, ogygen) then you would have died directly. Everything is connected. You can see it in science as gravity and fields. You are conncected by society to other humans. You needs are connected to other people needs. If you are greedy than you are either destroying your habitat or making someone else have less. The different religons and science are trying to explain the whole and have different views of the whole. If you look at many religons and science and is openminded it seem to tell a bigger story. Why only loook at a part of a painting (on view of everything) when the different parts seem to fit like peices in a puzzle.

I am a very spiritual person that have no religon/science and all realigon/science at the same time. I will look at all information I get and see if I can prove it or not. From my point of view and I can be wrong: do not worry at all about going to hell because you do not belive. Faith is not needed. The will to be an empathic devine soul is needed. It is what you are that is important not how you view the whole. When I understand more and evolve more I will laught my head of at the smallminded things I belived before and my blindness and ignorance. I was an ateist before I had a moment of clarity with the proof for myself that followed, and I disliked religon with a vengence and still have a problem with the people who cannot see thru duality because of their ego.

The big bang theory is very nice. I like it with a twist. For me it probably is the moment the whole(god) separated himself and all souls. And we started our evolution to find our way back.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
let's get this straight.

No religious person KNOWS FOR A FACT that God exists. There is no evidence.
No scientist KNOWS FOR A FACT that God does not exist.

What are we left with?

Oh, that's right: Noone knows nothing, we are all still learning; no matter what you all like to believe. We know, nothing.
edit on 30/3/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

The universe exist so therefore there exists a whole. From a view point everything is a ONE. Just because Christianety claim that god is separated from the creation do not make it true. The everything seem to have a purpose. Sychronicity proves it but that is a personal proof that people can reject because they have not had the experiance. Just because everybody do not have the proof do not mean there are not people who have. And the funny thing is that you have to seek to get proof. Maybe you should try listening to meditation sound (according to the chakra system) and see if you can get your body to feel more harmonious. You might be suprised by the results. You choice as always.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Maybe if we adhered to the religion of "Take care of everyone before yourself" we would be a better world.

seems like you are mixing "religion" with "morality". The suggested "rule" - "take care..." is a moral instruction (one that indeed would help us human beans to have a better word), not a religious one.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think the point here is you can make anything sound ridiculous if that's your intention, and you choose to paint a caricature of someone's actual position employing large doses of loaded language?

Atheism in a nutshell is this:

1) You can't provide convincing evidence that a God exists
2) While we don't understand the Universe perfectly, we can hypothesize feasible explanations as to how and why it could exist without the intervention of a magical supreme being, which only complicates things anyway due to our inability to explain where this being might have come from
3) Therefore, we're going to simply lack belief in this being, exactly the same approach as we might take towards something like invisible dragons

I hope this helps.

Atheism is lack of belief in God, nothing more, and there is no more rational approach to the explanation of our origins.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Just curious...... who are these members of Jesus's family you mention.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

My point here is, neither atheism nor Christianity is entirely correct, yet they lord it about as though they know everything.

The truth is, atheism (based on science) assumes that it knows everything about the world, and nothing metaphysical nor paranormal can exist because they can't poke it with sticks under a bright light.

Christianity (based on faith) assumes that it doesn't need to know everything, and it can place both fate and flaw in the hand of two invisible identities whose true nature they have no clue of, but assume they can describe using concepts when all evidence suggests they live on different planes of existence entirely.

So, neither of you knows everything. Stop acting like you make sense and accept that humans are incapable of grasping the true nature of their origin. It's beyond our Homo Sapiens intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join