It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs Atheism: The Facts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Dig a little deeper for what? You want me to watch Zeitgeist?

No I want you to watch that video because it refutes the claim that Christianity was borrowed from pagan myths. Never believe something without proper investigation.
edit on 31-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Please don't remind me of Amway. I did my part back in the 70's and lost everything.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

So you didn't see all those parallels between Paganism and Christianity that I put up? Sheesh. Why do I bother?

Never believe something without proper investigation.

Good idea. You should do it sometime.

edit on 3/31/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

No I want you to watch that video because it refutes the claim that Christianity was borrowed from pagan myths. Never believe something without proper investigation.

You still never explained your blatant plagiarism.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

No I didn't specifically ask for that but you put up some interesting links none the less. I call it hivemind because that's the way it all comes across to me. If I put one hundred Christians in a room and were able to network via computer with them on an individual basis (that is without any of them being able to see my responses to any of their group) with a carefully manicured script of questions regarding their faith, I'd be willing to bet I could get a large percentage of same biblical quotes spouted back at me for any given question. Christians it seems to me find every aspect of their belief in the Bible....A book! I've yet to see any irrefutable evidence that determines that the book is anything more than that..A book! It seems to me that any proof offered comes from those who believe in said book. So I see this as almost Borgian behavior. I guess I could also think of it as an "Amway" sort of mindset.

Well the bible is the basis for Christians belief. We have proof that the bible is authentic and everything in it is true. God created. The Bible says so. Science confirms it. www.bestbiblescience.org...

Did you read that?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight

Are you old enough to be visiting these forums and taking part in debates such as this?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

Tell me about it, I see the word in your reply and it gives me the fear

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

So you didn't see all those parallels between Paganism and Christianity that I put up? Sheesh. Why do I bother?

Never believe something without proper investigation.

Good idea. You should do it sometime.

edit on 3/31/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

Of course I am aware of them, do you think I didn't look into all of that before I came a Christian? The video I provided dismantles each individual claim about Christianity supposedly being stolen from pagan beliefs. This is certainly not a new claim, but its quite easy to refute, thats why I wanted you to see the video. It may change your mind about using that in your arguments in the future. It would be foolish to dismiss the bible on that basis.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

The man accuses you of plagiarism and that is the best you can do? How about answering the question since I read the same source also.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The man accuses you of plagiarism and that is the best you can do? How about answering the question since I read the same source also.

I forgot to add the link, so I eddited it in. Are we going to calm down now or continue behaving like children? 'HE FORGOT TO ADD A LINK, LETS SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS!!!'

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

Okay but religion sounds like a fairy tale. Does it look like we live in fairy tale world?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

If he can't do any better than that then I don't need to continue. You asked a valid question based on "proof" and he wants to call YOU a child.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Are you old enough to be visiting these forums and taking part in debates such as this?

Are you competent enough to be visiting these forums and taking part in debates such as this?

I'm having my doubts.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yipee. I just noticed I passed 200 posts.
Doing a little dance.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by David291

Okay but religion sounds like a fairy tale. Does it look like we live in fairy tale world?

I agree... Most religion is fairy tales. Jesus didn't come to start a religion. Christianity is a relationship not a religion.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by ofNight

If he can't do any better than that then I don't need to continue. You asked a valid question based on "proof" and he wants to call YOU a child.

Did you watch the video yet?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Oh man. I bought the easel, the markers and eraser, the sales package, the whole nine yards and I couldn't sell water to a man dying of thirst.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Are you competent enough to be visiting these forums and taking part in debates such as this?

I'm having my doubts.

If you had been visiting these forums long enough, you would know that I normally always provide sources.

The fact your making an issue out of it suggests to me that you are disorientated with the wealth of evidence I gave and have no proof for your faith in evolution. Feel free to prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Jesus is one of thousands of preachers just like himself. He is like Bon Jovi from the 80's, one of many. Okay that was a bad analogy.

After walking away from religion I give my thanks to the Sun for giving me light and food. I don't feel like it is waiting for me to screw up. Religion is the biggest brainwashing tool on the planet. I feel sorry for some people that they don't really live as much as they could because they are held back by the terms of religion.

I had a friend who was "New Holiness" religion and he couldn't hold hands with a girl, kiss, or even be in a pool with a girl unless she was family or married to her. He never lived. Needless to say his whole family went nuts, he burt down some guys house with the guy in it, his mom became a druggy (amazing really she was so preachish) and the whole church fell apart. Crazy.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I don't care about religion, I care about truth. Jesus is God in the flesh and I find it very worrying that you compare him to the likes of Bon Jovi. What does that say about your spirit? Just because you had a bad religious experience with some weird wacky religion does not hold any relevance what so ever. Praise Jesus the King of kings, the Alpha and the Omega. Yeshua is lord!

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join