It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs Atheism: The Facts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Atheism is just whatever is opposite of truth

In your opinion.

If people really actually believed in Atheism for example, I dont understand why any of them are afraid of dying.

First, Atheism is not a belief. It is the absence of belief. Second, dying is a personal experience and each person, whether they believe or not, faces death in their own way.

Theres no purpose to their existence, why not just help the planet, plants, animals by removing yourself from the gene code and quit taking everyone elses resources.

Do you truly realize how idiotic that statement is? What is your purpose on this planet? All life is precious and thank goodness it is not up to you to decide who might have more "purpose" on this planet than another person. As far as the gene code goes, Atheist have as much right to the resources of this planet as a Theist does. You sound like you are from the era of the middle ages inquisitions. I have a personal copy of the Malleus Maleficarum if you need to borrow it to crucify the witches.

If Atheists want to believe that go right ahead, its really about denying anything beyond humans as a intelligent species, then they want us to believe their is aliens where there is no solid proof. Yea.....right

You just contradicted your own self. Atheists don't believe in anything beyond humans as a intelligent species and then you say they believe aliens exist. You can't have it both ways.

By the way, where is your solid proof of the existence of god?

edit on 3/30/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall

In your opinion.

To be opposite of something - - that something would have to be recognized.

Atheism is Atheism - - it stands alone. It is not opposite of believing in god - - because it does not recognize god. There is nothing to be opposite of.

It is simply Lack of Belief.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

In your opinion.

Atheism is Atheism - - it stands alone. It is not opposite of believing in god - - because it does not recognize god. There is nothing to be opposite of.

Usually people with a lack of belief in something don't care about the thing they 'don't believe in' enough to go out of there way to attack it. This is clearly not what we find with atheists today.

Atheists are in fact metaphysical naturalists, and thus DO follow a religious belief.
edit on 30-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In a Gallup poll taken in 2011, 90% of Americans stated a belief in God. In 2008, only half of all Americans believed in angels. (Washington Times) In my case, I believe in Jesus and I had a spiritual experience that will not allow me to change my belief. I also believe in angels as described in the bible. My point? If 90% of Americans believe in a God, why do so many of them not believe in angels? I think it is obvious that many of us, myself included, are not as informed as we should be. My personal opinions and commitment to Jesus are based on experiences and emotions from my heart. My knowledge of God are based on His Word. I believe.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Usually people with a lack of belief in something don't care about the thing they 'don't believe in' enough to go out of there way to attack it. This is clearly not what we find with atheists today.

Atheists are in fact metaphysical naturalists, and thus DO follow a religious belief.

I grew up Christian. Thought I believed most of my life. At least when I talk about Christianity - - - I know what I'm talking about.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What we find with Atheist's today" - - WE? Who exactly is WE?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing you know about Atheism - - - is what you perceive through the rose colored glasses of your own God clouded mind.

I am Atheist. I actually know what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You beat me to it Annee. You get a star.

I'm not even a card carrying Atheist but I find it reprehensible for a Theist to talk bad about someone because they are Atheist. So I find myself jumping in and defending those that really don' t need any defending cause you do a good job by yourself.

I just can't seem to help myself.

edit on 3/30/2012 by mikelkhall because: changed Anee to Annee

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I grew up Christian. Thought I believed most of my life. At least when I talk about Christianity - - - I know what I'm talking about.

"What we find with Atheist's today" - - WE? Who exactly is WE?

The only thing you know about Atheism - - - is what you perceive through the rose colored glasses of your own God clouded mind.

I am Atheist. I actually know what I'm talking about.

You were a false convert, Jesus calls us to be born again. True faith does not depend merely on the state of man’s head and understanding, but on the state of his heart. His mind may be convinced. His conscience may be pierced. But so long as there is anything the man is secretly loving more than God, there will be no true faith.

You are making such claims as you were a Christian and now an atheist and you know what your talking about. But all I see is a prideful man who is confused in what they believe. It is your conscience calling you.

You also forget that I only became a Christian last year, so I am far from having a clouded mind. I did much seeking before making the commitment of following Christ for eternity. I know what I believe is true, where as you are not certain of what is to come, nether in this life or the next.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You beat me to it Annee. You get a star.

I'm not even a card carrying Atheist but I find it reprehensible for a Theist to talk bad about someone because they are Atheist. So I find myself jumping in and defending those that really don' t need any defending cause you do a good job by yourself.

edit on 3/30/2012 by mikelkhall because: changed Anee to Annee

I do not hate atheists, far from it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I do not hate atheists, far from it.

Maybe you don't but do you have a problem telling an Atheist that they are going to be tortured for eternity by your loving god if the Atheist does not believe as you do?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Thanks. I love it

I didn't accept I was Atheist until age 60 (you got time
)

I was raised Christian. Mine was all in positive thinking churches - - so I had no Fire and Brimstone to recover from.

I kept going through the motions - - - pretty much as society expects. Because society expects one to believe in God.

At some point I stepped out of the "God circle" - - and there I was - - in "the void". I realized I was trying to fill this "void" with a god belief. I never really believed - - I was just trying to fill it up.

So I accept this "void" "nothingness". Its not like "here's God" - - now I don't believe in God. NO - its a "void" there is no god to not believe. Lack of belief - - - not disbelief.

EDIT: "void" is just a descriptive. Don't try to make something of it.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

In your opinion.

Atheist and other types of non-believers attack religious fanatics because these are the people that are looking to legislate laws, in other words, inject their their religious beliefs into our bedrooms and other areas of our lives, based on their interpretation of god and their bibles.

You do not have authority to judge another's convictions or why they came to those conviction.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You also forget that I only became a Christian last year, so I am far from having a clouded mind. I did much seeking before making the commitment of following Christ for eternity. I know what I believe is true, where as you are not certain of what is to come, nether in this life or the next.
How do you know what you believe is true? Please understand this is not an attack, I am merely curious. On what basis are your beliefs unequivocally correct?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You were a false convert, Jesus calls us to be born again. True faith does not depend merely on the state of man’s head and understanding, but on the state of his heart.

So am I to believe that you now are a superior person with the ability to know what is in a persons heart?

But all I see is a prideful man who is confused in what they believe. It is your conscience calling you.

So you also have the ability to reach deep into a persons mind and know their conscience?

I know what I believe is true, where as you are not certain of what is to come, nether in this life or the next.

You know what you believe, in your heart, is true even though you have no concrete proof that you can show to support that truth. And you also allude to be able to see into the future or across dimensions to know what may or may not be coming in an afterlife.

Hmmmm. Are you sure you are not god? You appear to have some mighty powerful god-like powers there. How bout just for old times sakes you part a sea or two for us or even walk on water or how bout you transform some water into wine that one should be easy enough.

Stop trying to tell people that you are better than them unless you can support it with proof.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

REPEAT - REPEAT - REPEAT - - AND REPEAT AGAIN.

Atheism - - is Lack of Belief in a God. It is nothing else.

If an Atheist chooses to believe in metaphysical naturalism - - - that is his/her personal choice. It has nothing to do with Atheism.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You are making such claims as you were a Christian and now an atheist and you know what your talking about. But all I see is a prideful man who is confused in what they believe. It is your conscience calling you.

I look like a man?

I am not confused about anything. But you seem to be.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Extremism, whether it be religious or atheistic is completely stupid.

Arguing it is pointless because both sides aren't going to suddenly step back from their computers and say, "Woah, it totally makes sense, I'm converting."

edit on 30-3-2012 by ofNight because: removed the stupid part~

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Here ya go. If you can prove it I will believe.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight
Extremism, whether it be religious or atheistic is completely stupid.

Extremism is Extremism.

Atheistic is not Atheism - - - just to be clear.

Atheism is Lack of Belief in a God - - - nothing else.

An Atheistic Philosophy would be a personal belief and any action because of it is individual.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Well you have all the bases covered don't you? A false convert? What is that exactly! Somebody took it upon themselves to examine all the biblical clap trap that one particular religious mindset tried to install and decided to take the other pill perhaps. True faith?....See if I fall for all this mumbo jumbo as you have then all my bases are covered when I die...I'm going to the good place forever to live in eternity with my lord, if, on the other hand I take my own path I'm eternally screwed! So do you actually want to talk to me about true faith!!! Some of us can live an honest life filled with genuine concern for the well being of our fellow man/woman, not run into trouble with drugs, booze, debt, poor parenting problems or sexual addictions and never have a need to put "Jesus" or "God" in the drivers seat...Yes, some of us can deal effectively with the daily challenges of life without someone steering. I would invite you to think back to "Last year" And determine honestly why you chose to take out your insurance policy!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

All are entitled to their beliefs, both require some degree of faith.

That's where you misunderstand Atheism. An Atheist requires no faith.

Merriam-Webster

Definition of FAITH 1 a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions 2 a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust 3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs

Source

An Atheist holds no allegiance to duty ro a person to be an Atheist.
An Atheist makes no promises to be an Atheist.
There are no sincere intentions to be an Atheist, only the lack of belief.
Since there is no belief in a god there is no trust or loyalty to that god.
Proof is not required to be an Atheist.
etc. etc. etc. I think you get the idea.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2][3] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.

Wikipedia

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join