It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs Atheism: The Facts

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Believe me when I say what ever you type on these forums, God know's exactly what it is.

No, I don't believe you. God isn't on ATS. God is not some guy keeping score and mind reading our every thought. God isn't an entity that thinks about stuff and has opinions and judges those that disagree with words written by superstitious shepherds 1000's of years ago. God doesn't play tricks on his/her/its creation, only to send them to eternal damnation for falling for them.

You are deluded by the aroma of your own self righteousness. God is all and everything that is and has never planted his/her feet on planet Earth. Some believe that the creator is creation other believe the creator is outside of creation. Either way, He/she/it never walked in Eden and never had a "only begotten son."

If any of the myths in the bible turn out to be true, it will proof the ancient alien theory.

edit on 31-3-2012 by windword because: /

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by windword

I believe Jesus myself, he was the only one that fits the bill...

What do you believe when you say you "believe Jesus?" What does that mean?

Great Man totally miss him after reading that story

After reading what story? Miss him? What?

when you ask questions and everyone gives different answers sometimes it can arise conspiracies in us and makes one cast doubt all over the place, even of who they are... not knowing who to trust or how to live.

Jesus is one man you can believe... am I a Christian? sure... am I a Muslim? sure... am I a Atheist (not really but it's included along the way) am I a Jew? sure... how about a Buddhist? yep I am that too...

I am an American! and we make Americans here... that's what we do.

edit on 31-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Jesus is one man you can believe

Really? Why?

What does being American have to do with anything? Maybe "human" - - as both religion/Atheism is global.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I believe Jesus myself, he was the only one that fits the bill...

Great man. I totally miss him after reading that story

What does that mean? Unless you are born again you won't enter the kingdom of God.

Belief that he existed is not nearly enough.

it was in response to the video posted... I do not believe Jesus was fabricated for other purposes.

In fact I've never really known life without him... he is woven into the fabric for a few millennia now.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Really? Why?

you may have to read this and try to gain understanding on your own...

I don't do conversions, sorry...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Then why are you on these forums. You post these "hit and run," off topic, nonsense posts, and don't answer or explain yourself to those that respond to you. Do you have an antisocial disorder?
edit on 31-3-2012 by windword because: u

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Then why are on these forums. You post these "hit and run," off topic, nonsense posts, and don't answer or explain yourself to those that respond to you. Do you have an antisocial disorder?

give it up windword... I will always be a truth seeker.

If anything I am helping Americans get up to speed.

you and I hardly speak eachothers language anymore...

you do not have to read nor reply to my posts.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
...did I do that again?

sry ATS, I included the rest of what I wanted to say in the post above...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
its sad when a society looks up to atheist as intellectuals

Nobody looks up to atheists except other atheists.

Atheists tend to become intellectuals in their pursuit of the correct perception of reality.
edit on 31-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Then why are on these forums. You post these "hit and run," off topic, nonsense posts, and don't answer or explain yourself to those that respond to you. Do you have an antisocial disorder?

give it up windword... I will always be a truth seeker.

Give what up?

If anything I am helping Americans get up to speed.

Really? How so? What speed would that be, 78rpm's?

you and I hardly speak eachothers language anymore...

I guess that's why nothing you says makes sense to me.....

you do not have to read nor reply to my posts.

Whew, thanks. But if you say something else silly, I may call you on it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Really? Why?

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

You made a statement. "Jesus is one man you can believe". It was YOUR statement.

I ask Why? . . . and you respond with "I don't do conversions"?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If your not born again you are heading to hell.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Who are you to question the divine programming of truth that can never be wrong?

/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

God is Omniscient, so technically he is on ATS. The bible says he knows everything we do and say and when you die you'll have to give an account for everything you've done/said in your life including all your sins.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Jesus is God. He is the second person of the triune Godhead. He was fully man and fully Divine. If he was just a man, him dyeing on the cross would not have been sufficient to pay for our sins. I do not believe you have read the Bible. The bible is not corrupt and you have no basis for your unfounded claim.

Jesus was just a mortal man. He wasn't born from a virgin and he didn't die and then resurrect for you sins. Jesus didn't die on the cross and isn't our savior from the depths of hell. There is no hell.

If this is what you really believe then your in a very spiritually dark place my friend...
edit on 31-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I being an American myself personally have been reborn by the grace of Jesus the Christ, my Lord of Truth and Savior.

I had a GREAT day out there today

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I being an American myself personal have been reborn by the grace of Jesus the Christ, my Lord of Truth and Savior.

Well If that is the case, I will see you in the New Jerusalem in the kingdom of God my brother. We must all repent and put our trust in Yeshua Ha'mashiach if we wish to live. Jesus is Lord! And only Jesus can save! We must not trust any other religion or religious leader for our salvation. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. -Acts 4:12

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

God is Omniscient, so technically he is on ATS. The bible says he knows everything we do and say and when you die you'll have to give an account for everything you've done/said in your life including all your sins.

The bible says what popes and politicians want it to say. If god was omniscient that would negate free will. God doesn't know everything or anything until it happens. God is not some guy sitting on a throne, looking down on us with impunity. God doesn't have a quirky personality and a sadistic duality, satan. That's all man made.

If god is omniscient then the whole Garden of Eden thing is just a cruel joke. Your savior, Jesus, coming to earth means nothing. The script has been pre written and we are cast in unchangeable roles. There is no reason to try at anything, because it is already decided for us.

There is no such thing as sin either. There are things that are unwanted, like tornadoes, but a tornado isn't a sinful thing. There are evolutionary mistakes, so to speak, that account for aberrant behavior.

We are god, and god experiences his/her/its creation through our lives and perceptions, each and every living creature and unliving things as well, like a mountain, a hurricane or an ocean, are all expressions of god.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Jesus is God. He is the second person of the triune Godhead. He was fully man and fully Divine. If he was just a man, him dyeing on the cross would not have been sufficient to pay for our sins. I do not believe you have read the Bible. The bible is not corrupt and you have no basis for your unfounded claim.

Jesus was just a mortal man. He wasn't born from a virgin and he didn't die and then resurrect for you sins. Jesus didn't die on the cross and isn't our savior from the depths of hell. There is no hell.

If this is what you really believe then your in a very spiritually dark place my friend...
edit on 31-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I don't care whether you believe I read the bible or not. The bible doesn't matter. It's corrupt. Jesus is NOT god. He's not even the same god as in the OT. Jesus is not the father. We are all god's children, as Jesus says, not because Jesus says.

I really believe that you are in very dark spiritual place. You need to pin your reality on such unreal fantasy, and then condemn those that disagree and don't quake and shake from the threat you attribute to your god's wrath.
edit on 31-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Really? Why?

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

You made a statement. "Jesus is one man you can believe". It was YOUR statement.

I ask Why? . . . and you respond with "I don't do conversions"?

I can't give you the truth Annee... you have to accept it for yourself.

one has to ask Jesus to help them understand, it's the only way I can explain to you.

ask questions and consult Jesus, Jesus is the main message of the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join