It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White guy wanders into the ghetto. Stripped, robbed, and beaten..No media coverage.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What is the right doing to help out these bad neighborhoods you asked.

Republican, Democrat - still the government.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chalupas
www.liveleak.com...

With the mobs of protesters and Rev. Sharpton and Jackson declaring that no young, black male is safe in the streets anymore, I give you, the people of ATS, a video that will see no news coverage.

A white male, who appears intoxicated, finds himself in an all black nieghborhood. The white man gets beaten, stripped naked, and robbed.

Yet, you will see no media coverage of this.

I have turned on the news once today. I watched for 30 minutes and only saw two stories: The lotto and Trayvon Martin case. I think it is quiet obvious how biased the media is. Why do you think this gets no coverage?

It is pretty hard to watch and not feel sympathetic for the man.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

Regardless of whether you want to acknowledge it or not, part of the reason is that this country has a dirty history of racist oppression. In the current, racial tension and discord is a way to keep control over the masses, and also distract from other things. In most instances where a white person is beaten, burned, etc. by blacks, the media will not make a hoopla over it. It almost never gets out of the local news media.

There are still instances every year where blacks are beaten, or killed by whites simply because they were black. I assume your issue is that the black on white crime doesn't get the media attention like the white on black crime.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Well, you do know that the government is meant to represent all of the people, yes? So why does the Right continually disenfranchise?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
And this would not of happened if the man was carrying a firearm.

If it was me I would have dropped the first person who assaulted me.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
you know how many assaults, beatings and robberies happen a day across the planet? lots of them have no media coverage. they only pick and choose the ones they want to feature to create something out of it. they picked Trayvon for a reason, to stoke racial tensions and distract people from whats really going on. Its the oldest trick in the book.

People are talking about hoodies rather than talking about whats really going on. We need to be strong and not let our emotions be manipulated by the BS media. We are not sheeple, use your own judgement, think critically and dont get swept away by emotion. Divide and conquer, works every time...if we let it!

Thank gods!
I honestly wasn't expecting this kind of comment so early in the thread.
Hats off to you, sir.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
black people this and white people that, this conversation is getting old

Can we discuss about who the REAL enemy is? You know them reptilians who live beneath our feet?
edit on 31-3-2012 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

You really don't know how the ghetto works do you? From what I know, if you go into a neighbourhood in Compton or Watts and you don't know anyone in that neighbourhood, you die. End of story. The fact that this kid was white is really secondary. Also, pulling a weapon or trying to fight back against people like that means almost certain death as there are far more of them than there are of you if you are stupid enough to wander into a ghetto by yourself.
edit on 31/3/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Oh no not that! That might hurt their delicate nationalistic and "pitiful me" sensibilities lol.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by MidnightTide

Well, you do know that the government is meant to represent all of the people, yes? So why does the Right continually disenfranchise?

Who knows, perhaps the Republican Party only cares about the rich (and to clarify, I am a conservative, consider myself part of the right but I am not a Republican - you are mixing up the "Right" with the Republican Party)

The end story of all of this is the African American community has some deep, cultural issues that need to be addressed by "the black community" Go ahead and throw as much money as you want at these issues, until this community gets it's act together nothing is going to change. That is what I am trying to say.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wouldn't expect anything less. I figure if you wander into any seedy neighborhood regardless of the residents ethnicity I believe your asking for trouble especially if your intoxicated.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Before the "west" i e british came over and during These times, people were still living in straw huts, built bridges to each others territory ,then stole each others women, raped murderd and stole everthing they could off neighbouring tribes! stuff like this seems to still happen today with this "tribal" black outlook of life. Not all but most still think they are in the "jungle" still .and yes my black freinds agree and they say that evolution hasnt played a part yet in these "neanderthals".. can anyone help me out how long ago the west gave them a civilized outlook ? i know we were once the same but some of these tribes out in some jungles would still eat you and stuff

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Come on now, a lot of the ancient African civilizations were just as advanced as their European counterparts in terms of science and religion. The problem was that once slaves started being sold to Europeans they were taken away to a different country, to a different culture. Add to this over a century of being culturally isolated, of course there are going to be problems with their descendants.

I know many people like to glaze this over, but slavery was alive and well in Africa before any "whites" took a step on that land (in some cases over a third of the population were slaves)...but I am getting off topic here, just wanted to clarify that many parts of Africa were not some straw huts in a field that you stated.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
And this would not of happened if the man was carrying a firearm.
A lot of good it would've done him...being drunk and all. That wouldn't have affected his aim at all. Nope, not at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We can't have two issues going on in the main stream media that conflict with one another! That would upset one minority which is in the spot light at the moment. The sheeple need to be reinformed on the " unjust discrimination" that African Americans are going through. This news would only counter act such efforts of TPTB.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If Obama had 6 boys, they would look just like that.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Originally posted by 4hero
No disrespect to black folk, but if a group of white people did that to a black person this would cause a massive outcry.

that may be the case...but the white guy would have chained him to the back of a pick up and drag him along the highway until he was dead.

Mike, this is not the 1950s any more. Please tell us the last time a black person was drug behind a pickup by a chain.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Source

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Off the top of my head? 1998.

Again, this is off the top of my head, might be some later. Google James Byrd.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
In my opinion and from my own personal experience, white men, disabled, homeless and fat people don't count.

I had a homeless man that use to frequent our shelter twice a week.

A while back, he was beaten and died 12 hours later at city hospital. When I went to visit him, he was not recognizably and in a coma.

They must have taken steel baseball bats and beaten the heck out this 65+ year old man while he slept in a alley way.

No mention of him on the news.

I believe that day, or week the news focused on Paris Hilton and her getting out of a car with no under panties on - that is what sells and these, the elite 1% are who count.

Again, my own opinion, my own experience.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OMG a person killed another person... # happens. Who friggin cares what race they were.

As for the white guy getting beat up in the ghetto, well duh, We all know black people are more racist towards white people than most white people are to black people. Thats not racism talking thats fact.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join