It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuated Tube Transport (the above ground version of Milatary Tube Travel)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
AOL is reporting on a (ATS’ers are you ready for this ) a new type of travel!

main.aol.com...
David Moye states, “the biggest change in transportation since the invention of the car cup holder: Evacuated Tube Travel.”
He reports that Daryl Osler, the designer of the ETT, has experience stock-trading,
farming; marine, and aeronautical and mechanical design and certification.
Osler envisions using magnetic levitation to send car-sized capsules through giant long vacuum tubes at speeds of up to 4,000 miles per hour. The cars inside would be pressurized like an airplane, but travels through the vacuum tubes on a magnetic track.
How long have we at ATS “known” about the “tubes” that interconnect the various U.S. military bases?
And how long have we had this technology?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

whoa dude, and other news places were just talking about the same thing.

amazing how they slowly feed us technology little by little that they have had for a long time...

edit on 30-3-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

amazing how they slowly feed us technology little by little that they have had for a long time...

The technology has been theorized for over 100 hundred years, and went mainstream in the 70's, so I'm not sure where you have been.

The modern concept of a vactrain, with evacuated tubes and maglev technology, was explored in the 1910s by American engineer Robert Goddard, who designed detailed prototypes while a university student.

Vactrains made headlines during the 1970s when a leading advocate, Robert M. Salter of RAND, published a series of elaborate engineering articles in 1972[5] and again in 1978[6].

Vactrain

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reminds me of futurama i wonder if tube transportation with out a vehicle would be possible

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
4000 mph from DC to Beijing might just make me lose my lunch. =/ I can't imagine how bad any accidents would be. At least it would be instantaneous (death).

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes
reminds me of futurama i wonder if tube transportation with out a vehicle would be possible

Sure, right up to the amount of time you can hold your breath. Even w/ scuba gear it will never, ever happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
first thing i thought of was.....FUTURAMA

those last pictures you posted look like drills, the kind they use to build DUMBS and sewer systems, not tubes.
edit on 30-3-2012 by wlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

yeah thats what i was thinking too but one can dream right?

wait i found something

www.overclock.net...
edit on 30-3-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i'd imagine that hitting 4k would require a good amount of track to speed up and slow down so would only be for long hauls such as cross america or uk to east cost usa etc and the cost would be astronomical given that it would have to be done underwater and take into effect continental drift, idiot captains dragging anchors or what not over the track

but short hop i could see it working quite well since you could just jump in a 'car' and it would get you to the terminus in minutes with no real traffic queues

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Although the idea has been around a long time i think the us military has used this for years and now the government feels we need to at least start considering it again for everyone. I mean we have maglev trains in other countries but just not 4000km/h. I await impatiently.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes
reply to post by ecoparity

yeah thats what i was thinking too but one can dream right?

wait i found something

www.overclock.net...
edit on 30-3-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

There you go

Instead of using a bicycle crank to propel you, use magnets.
However, since I believe in car pooling, I wonder if that babe would share a pod with me.

edit on 30-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Did you guys catch the "camo mesh" on the right side of the second picture?

It appears that the maglev train is below ground level as well. Yup, I'm sure it's been around for quite a while, the clothing and even the picture itself appear to be from the early 90's....IMO.
edit on 30-3-2012 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

that pics from Little Skull Mountain in 82
www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yeah, the concept has been around for a long time. I first saw a youtube video on it years ago.

We have corporate supranational structures.

We have information global technologies (internet).

If we can create cross continental transportation systems via ETT, we can supercede national government structure, and first unite at the continental level. Next would be consolidation of the Continental unions into 3 super unions. Next is global governance.

I'm all for this

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i wounder how my innards would feel at 4K, let alone my bowls?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Fine and dandy. It's the acceleration that you feel, not the speed.

It's a slow ramp up and down, and the grading of curves must be very minor, so you would barely notice it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

2.97 m/sec^2

is about what an aircraft takes off at. on the low side.

thats a comfortable acceleraton rate for people.

if you use that then you can find out the distance and time needed to get to those high speeds.

if some one can figure that out for me im sure that would help.

o and all done with a vacuum
edit on 31-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I guess everything taking after the internet.... its not a big truck.

Its a series of tubes.....

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
ok lets see 2.97 m/s^2
4000 miles/h = 6 437.376 kilometers/h=6437376m/h= 1788.16m/s
vf=vi+at
t=vf/a=>
1788.16/2.97= 602.07 seconds => about 10 minutes (10.03)

D= 1/2 a t^2
=> 0.5 * 2.97 * 602.07^2=538295.10 meters => 538.3 km

So If they use that acceleration the 4000 mph speed will only be viable for distances over 1100km (taking approx half distance accelerating and the other half decelerating).

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

The technology has been theorized for over 100 hundred years, and went mainstream in the 70's, so I'm not sure where you have been.

The modern concept of a vactrain, with evacuated tubes and maglev technology, was explored in the 1910s by American engineer Robert Goddard, who designed detailed prototypes while a university student.

Vactrains made headlines during the 1970s when a leading advocate, Robert M. Salter of RAND, published a series of elaborate engineering articles in 1972[5] and again in 1978[6].

Vactrain

in mah house :3

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join