It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Signs of Complete Collapse of Common Sense in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Social Issue - Common sense in America has completely collapsed.
Interesting ... feel free to add your own 'signs' that common sense has collapsed in America ...

20 Signs that we are witnessing the complete collapse of common sense in America
Some 'Signs' paraphrased (to shorten post) from the article-

- FBI agents have been taught that they can “bend or suspend the law”
- TSA agents have been charged with many crimes but continue be in charge of airport security.
- JFK employees steal approximately 200 pieces of luggage a day - can't be stopped.
- U.S. military electronic parts purchased from China
- Student expelled from school for cussing on Twitter.
- Chicago police believe they can terminate our First Amendment rights at any time.
- American cruelty towards Americans.
- Taking out student loans for KINDERGARTEN
- Mass. town distributes free condoms to 12 year old children.
- Children are exposed to enormous amounts of sexual material but we are shocked when they act out on it.
- raids on private farms to kill pigs that have "the wrong hair color"
- Obama's executive order taking complete control over all food, all energy, all health resources, all transportation resources and "all other materials, services, and facilities"
- Americans hestiant to help other Americans.
- Brawls have been erupting at Chuck E. Cheese restaurants all over the nation.
- Thieves looking for scrap metal break into churches and rip the copper piping out of the walls.
- Tide detergent has become an alternative form of currency on the streets of America.
- New federal rules ban kids on farms from doing many of the most basic kinds of farm chores under the new regulations.

Some of my own signs that common sense has collapsed in America -

- 'Hoodies' supposedly equal criminal type of person
- Rule by mob mentality running crazy in the USA (based on media hype and spin)
- 1/86 children have autism ... this epidemic and the reasons for it are ignored.
- Gardasil ('nuff said)
- People forgot that Fukashima is still very active and we are being radiated every day.
- Reality TV still exists and is going strong.

There are more ... oh so many more .. that we can list!
America .. you have flushed your common sense down the toilet.
edit on 3/30/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wait, who put me in this hand basket?

This is all part of The Soft Kill.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I appreciate the time you took to post this, but for every problem there is a solution. You couldn't have posted any?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you tell them the food they are eating is toxic, they'll continue eating it.
If you tell them that fluoride is deadly, they'll still continue drinking it.

Maybe 1 in 100 people might look into such bold claims, the rest just don't care and keep killing themselves slowly. Common sense no longer means what it use to, it now means being retarded.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
for every problem there is a solution. You couldn't have posted any?

HOW would someone post a solution for a collapse of common sense?
Should I say that reality TV should be banned because it 'stupifies' people?
I can't do that.
How exactly does someone give another person a dose of common sense?
Education? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
If YOU know any solutions to the lack of common sense .. then please feel free to post.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

#10 One town in Massachusetts plans to distribute free condoms to children as young as 12 years of age.

#11 Children in America are exposed to enormous amounts of sexual material on television these days, but we are always so shocked when they try to act out on it. The following is one very disturbing example that happened recently in Ohio.... Authorities in southwest Ohio have charged a 13-year-old boy with raping a 5-year-old girl at a McDonald’s play area. The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that the alleged assault occurred Oct. 29 at a McDonald’s in the Cincinnati suburb of Anderson Township. Sheriff’s spokesman Steve Barnett says the girl’s grandmother was nearby in the restaurant at the time.

#12 The following is another example from Indiana of how our sexualized society is affecting our young children....

Sorry, i have to disagree.

The US is *far* from a "sexualized" society, in fact, the opposite is true, it's a sexually repressed society.

You wont find even remotely the amount of "nudity" on the states on TV as here in Europe, and censorhip is everywhere because this is a society where a "nipple slip" can contribute to the total collapse of the society

Movies and everything on TV gets censored if there is even a hint of bare skin etc..etc..

Those observed cases with "7 year old accused of rape" etc..are NOT the result of a "sexualized" society, rather the result of a society which has a sick relationship to sex/nudity and which already lost any "natural" relationship to it.

link   
I agree and it is like a real life cartoon full of living zombies. The only thing I disagree is the amount of zeros missing from the number you gave.
I had an old man try to shut my car door with his Prius the other day why I loaded lumber. Yesterday a man was shot in the same parking lot.

link   

america = not even free anymore

im not proud of my country!!!

why are things so bad. really, why?
edit on 30-3-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Good Job.
My favorite sign you posted was
'Brawls erupting at Chuck E Cheese'.
I'll have to look that up in the bible code.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
- Brawls have been erupting at Chuck E. Cheese restaurants all over the nation.

I literally busted out laughing when I seen this. I had a woman at work ( I work at a plant) tell me that she got kicked out of Chuck E. Cheese a week ago because her kids got in a fight there.

I LOL'd at the coincidence

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hi Flyers Fan, intersting OP, this list could go on for a long time, but the one that sticks out to me all the time is..
How about sheople still believe, 19 aircraft hijackers, managed to destroy the security and social fabric of America and many other "free" countries!

Proves common sense is not so common...blinders please, is what these people really are saying.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

nuff said..
edit on 30-3-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

20 Signs of Complete Collapse of Common Sense in America,

I'm going to open a HUGE can of worms here

sign nr 21:
9-11 was carried out by 19 saudis with box cutters.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have a few more:

-Mainstream media has been caught time and again being inaccurate, putting a spin on stories, and feeding us nonsense, and people still watch and believe.

-Every election year, people crowd together to hear what a candidate has to say, believe it and vote based on their personal feelings (such as "I could have a beer with this guy, so I'll vote for him"). Later that candidate breaks every campaign "promise", becomes an entirely different person, and everybody feels betrayed and angry. Up comes another election, and people behave the same way all over again.

-People maim and kill others because of their belief in God, then claim theirs is a religion of "peace". Yes, I include the bombing of abortion clinics and doctors in this one.

-Mobs of people show up in the middle of the night for overpriced garbage made in China, whether it is for Black Friday, Nike shoes or Apple iPads or phones. Violence erupts and people get hurt and sometimes killed so some fool can have a flat screen TV for $200, or a pair of shoes that are considered a status symbol.

-The anonymity of the internet means that people have become nasty, rude and downright cruel. They don't use it to expand their base of knowledge, but use it as a platform to display their petty meanness and get away with it.

-People have no shame anymore. Their entire lives are displayed on Facebook and Twitter, thereby feeding the erroneous idea that they are somehow very important and their every move is riveting to the rest of the world.

-The federal reserve gets away with its destruction of our economy, they are criminals of the highest magnitude, and yet, every time Bernanke is on TV, whether addressing congress or the press, he is treated with respect like a king.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I appreciate the time you took to post this, but for every problem there is a solution. You couldn't have posted any?

The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem. We're still listing the problems. Please don't distract us. It will take a while.

edit on 30-3-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
-Mainstream media has been caught time and again being inaccurate, putting a spin on stories, and feeding us nonsense, and people still watch and believe.

I hate sounding like an idiot when I say this but.. Drama is what people want.. That's how the MSM sells it.. I mean why do people watch reality tv shows? Definitely not for the acting..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

There is no reason to do so. The government will provide you with acceptable approved solutions and you will like them, or else.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Cigarettes & alcohol still being legal. Nearly everyone does either one or both of these & its common knowledge they will kill you eventually or you might get to be the lucky one who makes it to 100 yrs old smoking 4 packs a day with a bottle of whiskey.

This is why mostly no one cares about food that might kill you. They want to be the lucky ones and believe "It wont happen to me!" ... remember hearing that one?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

nuff said..
edit on 30-3-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

My lord that was brilliant.
Who knew you could sum up
the collapse of western society
with one well placed pic?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The first thing I think about when I think about the USA is McDonalds, Walmart, Jersey Shore, and Christianity. (maybe because i live in the bible belt on that last one and I have those really annoying rednecks and all.. but yeah)
edit on 30-3-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join