It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima and the Future of The World & Humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've been thinking a lot lately about the present state of Japan and the constant flow of radiation that has been covering us all. The whole idea of slow-kill by radiation seems hopeless. Regardless of what information we have at present, we will probably never know the true levels of radiation that have been effecting us. Proof is the obvious early cover-up by Japanese gov officials and American mainstream media giving mixed stories about levels and not warning us that we're in the direct path through jet stream and water currents.
That's what scares me the most, that there seems to be a rather large demographic of people that are informed with this current situation that understand the costs and how much direct danger we are facing, but are too afraid to stand up to say something. We can stop this! We can fix this! We have the technology! (Seriously!!)
The sad truth of this is that there has to be something wrong with this picture. If our technology is so strong especially military-wise, why isn't it being implemented to save the whole of humanity from going extinct! There are so many ways to approach this that demands humanity works together to save ourselves from this VERY REAL threat!
It's just a shame to silently watch humanity die off out of sheer ignorance because radiation is undetectable... For now.

We need to speak out and do something about this.

It seems too surreal to be true, there has to be a reason for this level of ignorance, don't you agree?
edit on 30-3-2012 by kingllama because: title

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
All of this confusion makes me wonder sometimes if radiation is even real! Is it possible that everything known is falsified? Has anyone actually experienced the effects of prolonged and/or extreme radiation here or know anybody that has been effected by it?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kingllama

It's just a shame to silently watch humanity die off out of sheer ignorance because radiation is undetectable... For now.

What about Geiger counters then?

They detect radiation.

Plus after 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl there weren't worldwide die-offs

Maybe I just am not seeing what you are trying so say.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I was talking about how radiation cannot be felt. Imagine if it was like acid in the sky burning us and slowly melting our flesh. I guarantee if that was the case, people would take this more seriously. It's like anything else in life, if the problem is not persistent then people tend not to care. It's messed up. It is a positive thing to accept the role of death in life but its a destructive reckless way of thinking for people that take it too far and begin to ignore their well-being and the well-being of others.
edit on 30-3-2012 by kingllama because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I wonder how this will affect the food supply in that area. Allot of food they rely on comes from the ocean they eat everything from fish to sea urchins to seaweed. The good news is I watched a documentary about the Marshal islands and salt water seems to kill allot of the radiation over time however it does nothing about cesium. Cesium gets in the food chain getting concentrated the higher up the food chain it gets. I worry we could see mass starvation and food shortages because of this. That is when they admit there si a serious problem or enough people get sick and die from eating cesium laden food. Suggest looking into what happened to the people who went back to Marshal Islands after the testing. Geiger counters said it was safe but a year latter most of them were dead. Research found it was the cesium in the food chain that killed them. The food there is still not safe.

Off point but this is something that makes me hella angry. The US spent tons of time and cash after the testing in the South Pacific they must have gathered enough data to have some idea how bad this si going to be but they aren't saying anything. I think if someone could get their hands on te=he research and data they could blow the whistle and maybe save some lives. P.S. I wouldn't feed my cats any fish flavored cat food. You KNOW people are still fishing these waters and they are not simply going to throw their catch=money away. Just a thought. OH ya anyone seens all the Wendy's commercials about how their fish sandwich is Pacific cod? I know it;s a big ocean but it's not like the water stays put in one place.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

They detect radiation.

true indeed although neither of those went on for years, this is a meltdown that is going on 247365 never before seen by humans. i do disagree with the OP in how we could end it, i'm unsure the tech is there to stop it, or perhaps it's a political BS nightmare and we will all suffer for the elite. either way it's a horrendous situation and is being forgotten by MSM, on purpose i believe.
edit on 30-3-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingllama
All of this confusion makes me wonder sometimes if radiation is even real! Is it possible that everything known is falsified? Has anyone actually experienced the effects of prolonged and/or extreme radiation here or know anybody that has been effected by it?

Oh it's real alright. Exposure to ionizing radiation from radioactive materials is associated with the development of many forms of cancer and other disorders. If she were still alive we could ask Marie Curie about the effects of prolonged exposure, unfortunately she died of aplastic anemia after working unprotected with radioactive materials.

The amount and type of radiation makes a big difference, some can kill in minutes other exposures take years. Hot particles ingested or inhaled can lodge in the lungs and other tissues and sit being happy little tumor generators. I have heard estimates of people on the west coast of North America on average ingesting 5-10 hot particles daily, at least at the onset and early stages of the crisis. I assume people from lumberjacks to landscapers that work hard outside all day would ingest considerably more.

What is most scary about radiation is that everything looks normal, you can't actually see the radiation. That makes it easier for companies like TEPCO and governments to "sweep it under the rug" and if you are not aware of it you will not take precautions to mitigate your exposure. My wife was born and raised maybe 200 miles from Chernobyl and was not warned against breast feeding or giving milk to children or avoiding things like butter that concentrate the radiation. Her younger brother died at 11 years of leukemia and she has been fighting breast cancer. There are a lot of her friends and family that have developed cancers and I believe we will see a significant increase here as well.

I have taken some precautions to limit potential exposure, with special attention to limiting my daughter's exposure that are fairly transparent and unobtrusive. However I am not aware of any of her friends or their parents doing anything precautionary. When the EPA started reporting high levels of radiation in milk in the Midwest I went out and bought a bunch (3 years worth) of 1lb packages of butter and cheeses produced pre-Fukushima and froze it. Not only do I know it's clean it also cost me about 1/2 of what it is going for now. At $3/month for electricity the savings alone more than offset the cost of running the freezer. So, if I'm right I protected myself and my family from at least some of the exposure. If I'm wrong and I don't believe I am, I simply saved a bunch of money on dairy products. Either way I win, so might as well err on the side of caution in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Undetectable radiation is a very scary reality. I wonder if we can find a way to reverse the effects of exposure.

I also stocked up on organic, grass-fed beef pre-fukushima. It sucks because I can only imagine radiation is going to have on growing gardens of produce and the effect on our earth. It's a crazy concept really

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

They detect radiation.

true indeed although neither of those went on for years, this is a meltdown that is going on 247365 never before seen by humans. i do disagree with the OP in how we could end it, i'm unsure the tech is there to stop it, or perhaps it's a political BS nightmare and we will all suffer for the elite. either way it's a horrendous situation and is being forgotten by MSM, on purpose i believe.
edit on 30-3-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

You are right this is ongoing. It is very misleading how the MSM continues to say "Fukushima, the worst nuclear disaster since Chernobyl" when it should be "Fukushima, the worst nuclear disaster ever". I think the idea behind saying it that way is that most people will simply think Chernobyl didn't affect me personally so this probably will not either. Interestingly the Japanese government recommended placing the Geiger counters mentioned above in a plastic bag to protect them, the dirty little secret is that that blocked the detection of the type of radiation from plutonium. I think plutonium was the most dangerous substance discharged by Fukushima, and they clearly knew a layer of plastic would block it's detection.

Chernobyl was a new plant so it did not have 30+ years of spent fuel on site and did not use plutonium in it's fuel. Construction of the 5th & 6th reactors was halted after the accident, but the other 3 reactors continued to operate with the last one taken offline in Dec 2000 (almost 15 years after the accident. Fukushima has multiple reactors in various stages of meltdown and will obviously never operate again. Considering that, it strikes me that there doesn't appear to be a massive program to deal with Fukushima in comparison to Chernobyl (that continued to operate) which involved over 500,000 personnel dealing with the one meltdown. Is that because Fukushima is so dire that there is little they can do and the equipment to do it does not exist? Seems plausible to me.
edit on 30-3-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Lame reason given

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As i understand the numbers, basically at Chernobyl, one reactor went critical almost....
At Fuki three are in meltdown at one stage or another.......plus the old fuel storage problem....
The amount of potential damage to the eco system of the entire country of japan is far beyond reckoning.
I am sorry the people are being so manipulated over there, that their near future contains many more longer lasting sorrows to come of a personal nature for the entire people that live there....
The wave of horror and human misery i can feel(from the death toll, devastation and loss),has been building momentum since......from deep down, from the very bottom...like water warming in a pot,
the silent tsunami of death and misery, horror, and devastation thats is building to its future crest with every air and waterborn particle released from the very start, and continuing ad nauseum ever since...........
No one, not one person in the whole world, will ever really know the real amount of excessively radioactve
waste water pumped frantically into the Pacific Ocean as they tried to keep the reactors, and storage pools cool.
I can only surmise that it was an enormous volume, to accomplish the cooling they achieved, after the whole reactor had already blown up....
Rain and snows, produce in the range of many tones of liquid per acre of runoff.....
The whole ground around the plants must have had intensely hot spots that drained away into the sea or water tables....
Presently two or so radioactive fires are raging in broken contaiments and spilled out on to the last barrier to the earth, The concrete floors...
What would any reasonable person assume?
The goverments are lying through their clenched teeth to all of us....they cannot tell the whole story because it is so far reachingly severe for a great percentage of the asian pop.
If an illuminatti really did want to kill off billions, this is a perfect disaster that will very likely achieve that effect over the long haul.......specially in asian countries....but also the world as well....
But my God, ...........what terrible cost............................
Yep, we had to poison the earth to save it....????????????? Save for what?????????

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wish scientists would be more transparent about this situation. Isn't it true that the levels considered safe for radiation exposure raised because of all of this?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
During times of war it was common for people in cities to send their children into the country to stay with friends and relatives. Couldn't someone start some sort of program to move at least the kids out danger since they suffer the greatest and the quickest from exposure to radiation. The global community could put these kids up. While they are away and the families financial burden of supporting them is taken off them they can save up the funds to join them. Countries should step up and say they are willing to take in X amount of kids and allow x amount of families to come and join them.

The international community should have stepped in on day one and TOLD Japan and TEPCO this is how it is and gathered their best minds to try and solve the problem. Instead they sit back and let Japan and TEPCO front like they have a snowballs chance in hell of fixing this mess.

This is and has always been a GLOBAL problem. Radiation can't read a map and doesn't care about what country it came from. This is going to affect a lot of people no matter how you look at it. So why should just a couple be in charge of the information and facts or be trusted to get it straightened out.

Since this is a global issue it is also a crime against humanity (and every living thing) Where is the Hague? Why isn't the UN the supposed global justice league not getting involved where they aren't wanted like they usually do?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

actually, according to the emergency workers at chernobyl intense radiation feels like pins and needles. of course those who reported this died from the radiation

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
came across this interesting statement

When the reactor no 4 building collapses at Fukushima, and this is guaranteed to happen any time now, it will release more radiation into the world than 10 all out nuclear world wars.

All humans and mammals will die of cancer within 5 years of this 100% event happening.

"The Reactor #4 building is on the verge of collapsing. Seismicity standards rate the building at a zero, meaning even a small earthquake could send it into a heap of rubble. And sitting at the top of the building, in a pool that is cracked, leaking, and precarious even without an earthquake, are 1565 fuel rods (give or take a few), some of them “fresh fuel” that was ready to go into the reactor on the morning of March 11th when the earthquake and tsunami hit.

If they are MOX fuel, containing 6% plutonium, one fuel rod has the potential to kill 2.89 billion people. If this pool collapses, as Senator Wyden is now saying too, we would face a mass extinction event from the release of radiation in those rods.

That is, if we aren’t in one already. Nuke experts like Arnie Gundersen and Helen Caldicott are prepared to evacuate their families to the southern hemisphere if that happens. It is that serious.

So now you know, if you didn’t before. We are in big trouble."

EndtheLie.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Agreed with this post 100%, something MUST be done. NOW. As it is we're already too late, damage has ALREADY been done. I knew there was far more to this when there was a lack of mainstream media. BP oil spill had coverage everyday for months, that was oil, radiation will kill everything and everyone. If by some miracle tomorrow the reactors were to cool down we would still be dealing with radiation for months to come. If this is part of the NWO plan it would explain why there's been a buildup of bunkers in the last deacde.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I seriously share your fears my freind

Personally I believe in the next 100 years many mammals will be totally deformed or exintict.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Please, for the love of God, tell me (all you free-thinking people) that you can see that the US Gov't has been weaponizing HAARP in the past few years? For me, it seems more than apparent that because the US Economy has been in such decline, and we are tremendously in debt to China, that we have been looking for ways to cripple China's economy to benefit our own country. Here's what I believe is happening:

1. We were targeting China by trying to create an earthquake or tsunami, but we missed and hit the Indian Ocean and Indonesia instead, in 2004, which was basically our target practice.

2. The HAARP'ers tried to recalibrate, change frequency, or trajectory, and instead, caused a major volcanic eruption in ICELAND of all places - WHOOPS

3. Back to square one but with minor tweaks; we get closer than ever before with a giant undersea earthquake that strikes Japan (close enough to China, huh)

So - was that enough to cripple the entire AsiaPac region or do we need a step 4? I don't see this as much coincidence as targeted and offensive. Anyone else noticing the pattern?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xenujenkins

Totally see the pattern, it all leads to global genocide/ecocide.... Makes me sick to think about

new topics

top topics

join