It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning from a Mouse: "There is a Mouse Trap in the House"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wanted to put this out there. We can all learn from this little story.

The Mouse Trap

A mouse looked through a crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife opening a package. What food might it contain? He was aghast to discover that it was a mousetrap. Retreating to the farmyard the mouse proclaimed the warning: "There is a mouse trap in the house, a mouse trap in the house! "

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Excuse me, Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it." The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mouse trap in the house, a mouse trap in the house!" "I am so very sorry Mr. Mouse," sympathized the pig, "but there is nothing I can do about it but pray. Be assured that you are in my prayers." The mouse turned to the cow. She said, "Like wow, Mr. Mouse. A mousetrap. Like I am in grave danger. Duh...NOT!"

So the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap alone. That very night a sound was heard throughout the house, like the sound of a mousetrap catching its prey. The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see that it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer rushed her to the hospital. She returned home with a fever. Now everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient. His wife's sickness continued so that friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig. The farmer's wife did not get well and a few days later she passed away. So many people came for her funeral, that the farmer had the cow slaughtered, to provide meat for all of them to eat. So the next time you hear that someone is facing a problem and think that it does not concern you, remember that when there is a mousetrap in the house, the whole farmyard is at risk. -- Author Unknown

People should pay heed to other's plights . We should have an empathetic nature, have sympathy etc for others because the domino effect WILL oftimes eventually get to us. When one domino falls, eventually the rest will be affected...right?

So please , may we all learn from this and come together to lovingly help one another. Have compassion folks: We all need help , so let's help others in carrying their burdens!

Peace and love to you all!
Hope you enjoy the story . I thought it had a great lesson.
When ANY warning is sounded, take heed and be on the lookout! Always...

The author is unknown -much credit to him/her!
edit on 30-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
edit: there is a reason to do good in the world.

im sure the chicken could have scratched the mouse trap away easily, the pig could have kicked it away, and the cow could have easily stomped it away.... jeez, the mouse could have avoided it as well, and written a map to know where to NOT go, so he wouldn't get hurt!

and why would the farmers wife go into the dark to check a mouse trap?

girls see mice and go EEEEEEEEEEEEP! but this woman goes to look for a mouse IN THE DARK!?!?!?

what is going on here?

this all could have been avoided....

sounds like they didn't want to help the poor mouse?

BUT, what if the mouse was eating the chickens food? pooping where the pigs sleep, and giving fleas to the cows?

whole new perspective huh? but i feel bad... what if the mouse was a nice guy?

BUT.... what if the mouse was EVIL... and they didn't want to help him..... who put the snake in the trap....

mouse = evil genius? or random innocent bystander?
edit on 30-3-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

ALSO!!!! who feeds their guests beef at a funeral? who EATS at a funeral at all?

why would people be eating pork ( comfort food for the non kosher peoples lol ) while being worried about a wife?

i would NOT want to be at this farm, some *****ed up **** is going on there.... dude.....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

im sure the chicken could have scratched the mouse trap away easily, the pig could have kicked it away, and the cow could have easily stomped it away.... jeez, the mouse could have avoided it as well, and written a map to know where to NOT go, so he wouldn't get hurt!

BUT, what if the mouse was eating the chickens food? pooping where the pigs sleep, and giving fleas to the cows?

BUT.... what if the mouse was EVIL... and they didn't want to help him..... who put the snake in the trap....

lol gr8 response! Got a kick out of reading that . Appreciate the reply.
The snake got got ... the mouse just warned everyone.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

lol gr8 response! Got a kick out of reading that . Appreciate the reply.
The snake got got ... the mouse just warned everyone.

i edited several more times.

the snake got got?

snake got chicken soup? lol

i couldn't stop thinking about the story, my mind wouldn't let it go. i had to keep re-reading it until i found more.

im still not sure if i found everything yet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

lol I'm lmbo.
Guess they all got got
Sorry, TN hick here..meaning it( the snake) was first to be trapped. But they all got got ... except for the mouse? Dang , you are gonna make me reread it, aren't you? lolol

I think the mouse is the only one to survive this ordeal....
He was alert...sounded the warning to all.. But he survived!
Too bad other's especially that damned snake didn't listen. It's just like a snake though to ruin others...that got the dominoes going.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

lol I'm lmbo.
Guess they all got got
Sorry, TN hick here..meaning it( the snake) was first to be trapped. But they all got got ... except for the mouse? Dang , you are gonna make me reread it, aren't you? lolol

O_o i understand even less now lol

lmbo = like your saying... uuuhhhmmmmm uhhh "im loud mother b****ing ohhhcanadaaaa"

LOL i dont know! help!

OH WAIT I KNOW!!!! your like boomhower from king of the hill except with text on the internet!!!

boomhower is such a cool character lol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

lmbo =laughing my butt off
If you were serious. BTW love your sense of humor. Also am familiar with Boom.lol

Anyway.... YOU also have made me think more on this story. Appreciate that.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nice analogy, there is also the brave mouse that fears nothing, and face the danger without pulling everyone in

edit on 30-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

lmbo =laughing my butt off
If you were serious. BTW love your sense of humor. Also am familiar with Boom.lol

Anyway.... YOU also have made me think more on this story. Appreciate that.

:3 hehe

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Nice analogy, there is also the brave mouse, that fears nothing and face the danger without pulling everyone in

dude the music was so creepy, i thought it was going to be a screamer.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Good point. There is always a cascade of effects from any action you make so make sure your actions are good ones!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Thanks for your reply and the vid.
Vid probs on my end unfortunately so I cannot comment..so sorry.
Much appreciated as I'm sure others will be able to appreciate!

Thanks once again.
Even if it has scary music lol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Sound advice. No matter, we do reap what we sow, imo....

Yes, and in bearing one another's burdens....
we in turn, help ourselves ..
We should always heed the ''warnings''

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Off topic: Dang, for some reason or other , I woke up to the kids' song ''Farmer in the Dale" this morning. lol no joke!
Thought you'd get a kick out of hearing that one.

Now that we have been warned so to speak...
everyone knows to take heed.
You may not be affected now ...but what might be down the rd for you?
May we live , learn and LOVE!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

LMAO,that was a good giggle-btw,SeekerLou,s+f for you,there is a lot of truth in this story.And if even there's not a domino effect in every case,there should still be more helpfulness and compassion in the world.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Giggling kind of breaks up the monotony! Laughter good for the soul.
Amen to what you said. I feeeel very deeply and oftimes can't seem to express myself as properly as I should.
Glad you and others can chime in and say things better than I.
Thanks for your post. Much appreciated.

edit on 1-4-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

top topics

join