It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Deletes 1 Million Signatures for GMO Labeling Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The ‘Just Label It” campaign has gotten more signatures than any campaign in history for the labeling of genetically modified foods. Since October of 2011, the campaign has received over 900,000 signatures, with 55 politicians joining in on the movement. So what’s the problem here?

Evidently, the FDA counts the amount of signatures not by how many people signed, but how many different individual letters are brought to it. To the FDA, even tens of thousands of signatures presented on a single petition are counted as – you guessed it – a single comment. This is how, despite over a million supporters being gathered by the petition, the FDA concluded a count of only 394.

“This is an election year and there are more than a million people who say this is important to them. This is petition has nothing to do with whether or genetically modified foods are dangerous. We don’t label dangerous foods, we take them off the shelves. This petition is about a the citizens’ right to know what they are eating and whether or not these foods represent a novel change.” said Andrew Kimbrell an attorney for the Center for Food Safety, one of the partner groups on the Just Label It campaign

naturalsociety.com

This is absolutely maddening and criminal! these corrupt criminals need to be locked up for crimes against humanity...I cannot believe the world that we live in anymore..WTH has happened,Nothing seems to be safe anymore and I do not mean to sound utterly paranoid but it is the unfortunate truth.

Genetically modified food,fluoride in our water supply,FDA approved aspartame and the list goes on...Insanity.

This just goes to show they will ignore the right and choice of the people,we have lost our say,force fed poison stripped of our freedoms...We need change and we need change fast.

With all of these newly built prisons they are constructing,if it were up to me,The entire Monsanto corp. would be going the trip! I have some other evil,corrupt s***s on my list that I would love to lock up for their inhumane actions

edit on 30-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

"the FDA concluded a count of only 394. "

WHAT

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It shows you where their interests lie and it's certainly not with you or me.
They're just as blatant as can be about it, too.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have a feeling the u.s. government and all their corporate friends want us to feel like we can't do anything to change anything. I believe they're trying to push us past our limits of being able to handle this madness. They want us to revolt. It's all part of the plan.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
wow...all I can say is wow. I'm so pissed right now I'm speechless.
2nd.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Yup and apparently it's working lol. I can only agree with you, at this point it seems like they are purposefully trying to anger people. I guess it's the old problem reaction solution scheme.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

I've been saying this for years - it's all part of the plan.

They probably have a plan for whatever corse we take.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
It shows you where their interests lie and it's certainly not with you or me.
They're just as blatant as can be about it, too.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Their interests lie in protecting Monsanto (& other similar companies') profits, anything else to them is treason.

According to Monsanto: “There is no need for, or value in testing the safety of Genetically Modified Foods in humans."

I hope you people realize how much of your food is GM food (Corn, Soybeans, Tomatoes, Canola, Potatoes, Flax, Papaya, Squash, Bananas, etc.)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ok, ok, they want to play hardball, let's play hardball. Before tactics change we need to hit me again.(lol reference to my name)...I was on that petition for Christ sake, the bastards just pissed off the wrong man

If 394 pages of signatures isn't enough that's fine, let's have a million pages of signatures, one per page. Yeah, poor trees, but if they keep up business as usual Monsanto will own the patents to the trees. So before they get a chance to get ready to change their tactic, let's play their game of semantics and show them we aren't going anywhere.

We had a million signatures. What if this little stunt got another half mil of support? You think they would pull this crap anymore?
I'm off to make some calls
Ty op

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr
edit on 30-3-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Where can we get non-GM food products?

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I get the feeling trying to force GMO labeling just isn't going to fly especially if the FDA has anything to do with it. Maybe it is time to try a different approach. Getting all companies that do produce GMO free products to voluntarily slap a giant standard 'Non-GMO' label on everything they produce. They would likely be proud of doing so. Eventually people will learn that if it doesn't have this label then it does have GMO ingredients. The best part is that the FDA can't do anything about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Organizers say the campaign garnered more than a million supporters, far more than any other petition brought to the FDA in history. But the FDA disagrees. By its count the number is: 394.

The agency says that if 35,000 people, for instance, sign their name to the same form letter it only counts as one person or "comment." And if tens of thousands sign a petition, they are only counted as one "comment," too. "This is the problem with the very un-friendly regulations.gov site," said Sue McGovern spokesperson for the Just Label It campaign in a statement. "It will not allow groups like Just Label It to direct individual comments from our site into theirs.

Consequently, McGovern says JLI has to send its petitions and signatures as PDFs to the agency, where a petition with "tens of thousands of signatures/commenters" is counted as one.

Source

If that is not absolutely and completely wrong then I do not know what is...It is a blatant spit in our faces.
The dice is rigged against us,laws that favor corruption rampantly running free...Atrocities against mankind is what it is.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Nongmoshoppingguide.com
They have a mobile app as well for walking round the store with

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
read-only society.

$1 for each one.

whoops.

oh well.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

lol, they must have been like... "ok we have over 900K votes... hmmm, lets just divide that by 2345... awesome."

I also wish they would label bottled water with the amount of damn flouride in it. Scum bags.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Consequently, McGovern says JLI has to send its petitions and signatures as PDFs to the agency, where a petition with "tens of thousands of signatures/commenters" is counted as one.

Why don't they just create a macro which puts one name in each PDF? I could do it if I had all the names. Then just send them a million emails. That'll teach those idiots.

edit: I bet they were like "man who has the time to count all these names... lets just count the amount of PDF files." ... "BOB YOU'RE A GENIUS!"
edit on 30-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I really hope they do come up with another tactic to get around Monsanto's idiocy. I was on that list of signatures too. I'm lucky enough to have room to grow my own, but it isn't fair to the general public. Obviously they are a bit concerned about what would happen if it was labeled. Can't have profits fall.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hit them in the pocket books! If we refuse to buy GMO foods then it will start to effect their profits. The only catch is that ENOUGH people have to stop buying these products. The mass amount of people who don't care what they are eating will still eat up this "food" and all these corporations will continue to get richer and richer.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lindsay1984

If we refuse to buy GMO foods then it will start to effect their profits

How can you stop buying GMO foods if they aren't labelled as GMO foods?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join