It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrasonics- possably the weapon of the future

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bedlam

The SyFy Channel miniseries did a much, much better job.

It's a really complex novel with some tough characterization and a huge backstory. I'm surprised you can do a decent job. It's the sort of thing Peter Jackson would be needed for. However, I find the story sort of boring, tbh. I admire his ability to write it and to get it to hang together but I just couldn't get past the first two novels.

As Spider Robinson once said, "I read half a million words and at the end I get a midget covered in super glue?"

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I think it was Arthur C Clarke that said that to the mind of a primitive technology is the instrument of the Gods,it may well of been an earthquake but there is not much in the good book now up to and including terraforming that doesn't have a possible technological explanation.Personally I gravitate towards Buddhist thought so Im no bible expert,a long time ago a guy Kent Steadman whose website Cyberspace Orbit is now archived as he is no longer with us built a replica of the ark of the covenent he said it was both a capacitor and radio reciever

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

...it may well of been an earthquake

1) Jericho is in a rift valley, a type of terrain that tends to have destructive earthquakes
2) The area has had numerous quakes in recorded history, some quite severe
3) There's a reason the Jordan stopped flowing in the story - this also happened in the 1927 earthquake in Jericho, because the river banks upstream caved in. It's reportedly happened before, too, and in other rift valleys.

So, you really don't need secret ancient technology. Just an earthquake, the sort that happens there often, and occasionally with other side effects just as described.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Clark said, "a truly advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join