It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help I think I am being watched!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I got hacked a few years ago, and I paid some ISP tech support guys to find out when and where I got the virus. Using remote access he traced the time and web site I was on when the virus was place on my computer. It was when I clicked on a link posted on the History message boards in their Current Events forum.

Then another tech located where the virus originated from, or I should say, the location where the accessing was occurring from into my computer using the virus, a root-kit like Z mentioned, that I had unknowingly downloaded onto my computer. It was a server out of Pasadena, California the tech told me.

You know, while tach support was working the issue finding the location of where the accessing and downloading activity was originating, I was theorizing India, Nigeria, Russia etc. When they told me it was homegrown issue, I was floored.

-

So I'll say this to Z.. The next time if you are ever hacked again like you were before, for some extra cash you can get your ISP tech support people to do some extra work I bet. Yeah, you have to do it under the table, and no it's not something ISP-ers usually provide as a rule to ordinary customers, but it's not illegal to bribe your ISP tech support folks in asking, "Can you please find out please who is hacking my computer, and for how much that off the menu so to speak item would cost?". Therefore the next time you are hacked, you can find out, who, for the right price, talking to the right people who are able to complete such an investigation. After all what is the worse that could happen? Tech support saying "no."

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

To date, nothing that I have sent using LockBin or HushMail have been intercepted, at least to the best of my knowledge. This assumes that an earlier hack did not install a key-logger on the computer using these services. LockBin can be used as a remote service that should be secure unless the secured-sockets layer DLL is compromised on your computer.

In contrast, within 1 hour of sending a sensitive unencrypted international email my hard drive was wiped clean. On another occasion within 60 seconds of posting statistics to ATS showing the very unusual Northern Hemisphere earthquake distribution in 2011 with respect to latitude, my computer died again in a very unique manner. These are just a few of the many deliberate hacks I have experienced over the last 18 months; conventional email is unsafe without PGP or similar encryption.

IMO, TCP/IP and Windows are so fundamentally insecure that I believe they were designed to be remotely hacked from the beginning. Just last month I downloaded 20+ security updates for Windows XP, an operating system released over 10 years ago.

So far (knock on wood) only LockBin and HushMail correspondence has not come back to get me in some way; for the moment at least, I trust these services.

Thank you and best regards,
Z

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Regarding getting help from your ISP, it all depends on the ISP. I contacted QWest (now Century-Link) about an unexplainable connect attempt between one of my servers and one of the QWest farm servers. I received a rude message stating that the problem could not be on their end and if my computers damage their computers they would prosecute me for the damages incurred.

At one time I routinely monitored 1000's of rouge messages from blacklisted servers around the world on the QWest network searching for security holes. I wondered why QWest does not just block these IP's, then I realized, that these must be American surveillance hacks and not foreign hackers. Why else would they allow traffic from boxes in Brazil on 15 blacklists attempting to access TCP port 52478 then seconds later allow traffic from a Hong Kong blacklisted server to the same TCP port number; the only logical answer is that that same organization is operating both the Brazil and HK boxes.

Best regards,
Z

<< 1   >>

join