It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“This is my sworn testimony. White Plains officers are coming in here to kill me.”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

The string of events that night sounds prosaic, a who-cares accumulation of little mistakes and misapprehensions. Cumulatively, though, it is like tumbling down the stairs. Somehow the uncle, Kenneth Chamberlain Sr., a former Marine who had heart problems and wheezed if he walked more than 40 feet, triggered his medical alert system pendant. The system operator came on the loudspeaker in his one-bedroom apartment, asking: “Mr. Chamberlain, are you O.K.?” All of this is recorded.

Mr. Chamberlain didn’t respond. So the operator signaled for an ambulance. Police patrol cars fell in behind — standard operating procedure in towns across America. Except an hour later, even as Mr. Chamberlain insisted he was in good health, the police had snapped the locks on the apartment door.

This is totally indefensible, though I'm sure some will try...

First, following the Martin/Zimmerman debate - let's keep race out of it.

Let's discuss how what should have been a welfare check turned into an armed siege. Let's talk about how the police account differs from the surveillance video and the medical alert system recording. Let's talk about how the police would not leave even though Mr. Chamberlain said everything was okay. Let's talk about how there was zero effort to de-escalate what, in fact, the police started.

Let's talk about how we live in a Police State, where there is a mentality to shoot first and ask questions later. Where protect and serve has been subjugated by paranoia and abuse. Where little kids get tazed, grannys at airports get groped and elderly ex-marines get shot in their own home for no good reason.

This happens because we allow it.
edit on 30-3-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I lived in White Plains for a number of years and never found any of the officers I came across at any time to be anything less than courteous and respectful, so either a) the police department there has fired all the normal people and hired a bunch of morons, or b) there's a hell of a lot more to this story than the family is saying.....

Keeping race out of it, as there were apparently officers of both there, something doesn't ring quite right about the whole thing. But it is good that Janet DiFirore is taking it seriously, she's a go getter and if the cops did do something incorrectly she would be the one that would call them on the carpet about it, make no doubt in your mind about that.. She is just as committed to making sure the police do their jobs as prosecuting regular criminals, unlike her predecessor, Ms. Pierro....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here are more sources for those that can't view the NYT article. However, the Democracy Now link plays up the race isuse, which I would prefer to stay away from. It seems to me we should be able to come together, black white, asian, latino and discuss this sickness that infects our nation. We all have a stake in it.

www.democracynow.org...

www.thedailywhiteplains.com...

It's a shame that there are hardly any mainstream links for this story. It's just another citizen dead in America after an encounter gone wrong with Law Enforcement,

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Someone, the niece and neighbors say, yelled a racial epithet at the door. Black and white officers were present.

How do you separate the racial aspect when racial slurs are used by those who act the aggressor? Not inciting but seriously wondering.
As to this incident.....holy crap! They offed the guy for being sick. I have CHF and prior to the correct medication I could get very agitated quite easily. Rage and tears were always near the surface. Thank God I live in a town of mostly decent local boys on the police in a smallish Oregon town. My first encounter with cops like these would likely be my last even now.After what I have given to this country and what they did as thanks I have a hair trigger for stormtrooper bull crap. CHF does not leave one the fight to be a realistic menace to five healthy cops. Even with a knife if he tuckers at 40' of walking he is no match for a healthy 12 yr old. I have been there and know for a fact this is true. IMO they shot him because tazing him gave him a heart attack. So cover by capping him and saying he was threatening them. That this was all cleared a clean kill already it shows how safe anyone is in an encounter with LE on "one of those days" ( or how safe it is to walk around period in certain states where civilians can kill you on suspicion)
I will stick to the woods and critters. they let me rage and holla but never try and kill me. These cluster monkeys( city dwellers and there LE) scare the #e outa me

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
reply to post by KillerQueen

IMO they shot him because tazing him gave him a heart attack. So cover by capping him and saying he was threatening them.

That's a pretty good theory. Seems possible.

The first step in getting better is admitting you need help. It seems to me that LE rarely admits they have done anything wrong, much less systemically needing an overhaul, top down reassessment of values and purpose.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I guess the fact that no one is really concerned about this just goes to show how truly oppressed we are as a society. We just take it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
I guess the fact that no one is really concerned about this just goes to show how truly oppressed we are as a society. We just take it.

I hate posts like this. Everyone else was busy responding to the other thread which got hot with lots of stars, now everyone there is being directed here. You jumped the gun. People DO care.

And the police state is already upon us. People better get prepared to defend themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Also posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join