It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question I know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Besides the Bible and Koran are there any other literary works that concur with the Bible and Koran of the existence of Jesus Christ in that time period?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

I would assume closest thing you would find is something in Judaism...the 3rd Abrahamic religion, rest of the religion which are older would probably not have anything to do with Jesus, even tho there are people that likes to play connect the dots.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Jesus Christ in that time period?....eh no because he didn't exist...And if you want I can take you back further in history to the exact moment the devil "Apophis" was first invented by man to defeat the sun go "RA" who in time 3100 years later turned out to be Jesus...just to carry on the myth.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

one very important message of the bible imo is "freewill" you learn from the bible no person can be enslaved by another. It gives independence from people like sun god Ra or any human to come in claiming to be God/s (its how things work, we're really not beyond all that, technology masks it) This is one of the reasons logic like zeitgeist and as your theory do not add up, alot don't get its message because they really have not looked into it beyond zeitgeist style films.

edit on 30-3-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You might want to check out this page:

dokimos.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
the next time anyone on earth is going to see a God they are going to tremble in fear at the sight... and at the same time in unison worldwide.

(Rev 1:7)
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jesus declares this too in (Isaiah 43:10)
“You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

we are living in the "after me" time period... and Ra wasn't a god but a puny little man probably (never laboring a day in his life)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

one very important message of the bible imo is "freewill" you learn from the bible no person can be enslaved by another. It gives independence from people like sun god Ra or any human to come in claiming to be God/s (its how things work, we're really not beyond all that, technology masks it) This is one of the reasons logic like zeitgeist and as your theory do not add up, alot don't get its message because they really have not looked into it beyond zeitgeist style films.

Haha the message is you have free will but you must abide to these rules and worship me or go to hell. Did you know that there is no proof that ancient man is any less intelligent that todays people...and I am starting to believe it, as we still believe the myths that were put in place to control the masses thousands of years ago but we have more information and contact globally than ever.

The sun god RA was one of hundreds of gods including almost every animal and element. The only reason Apophis the god of the underworld was created was to scare local farmers into from upper and lower Egypt to come together to create a more manageable Egypt. Apophis would come every night and eat/chase Ra so it was safe to be together and worship Ra. All this was at least 3100BC.

The situation on Earth is not wrong or correct the problem is we are all here for different lessons and we are confused to are importance as we are 1 in 7 Billion and we see all other peoples problems and relate them to ourself's. The situations on Earth a specific and meant to be but the population is too big. In 1955 there was 2.8 billion with no real global communication for the masses now its 7 BILLION fully globally connected to all the bad and good....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Hell explains a place alot of people are already in... it all depends on how you look at it I guess?

the book is alive! its living and breathing...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There's not a lot of historical evidence outside the bible of Jesus. Though, some have looked the man Josephus to find outside work. Past that there's not much. The biggest thing when searching for evidence of Jesus is that the matter of believing comes down to faith

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Whoops we seem to be slowly sliding off topic. Maybe it's not something that has been asked before although I doubt it hasn't but from what I gather apart from the 2 obvious resources. There remains very little evidence of a man and his teachings from 2000 years ago named Jesus Christ. I mean as an example look at Julius Caesar there are numerous historical accounts of him and his life, yet it doesn't carry the same impetus as the one about JC. Why?

I mean could the whole meaning of the Bible and possibly other books be summed up by Psalm 23?
edit on 30-3-2012 by lucifuge because: More info

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

personally the birth of my Nation is enough evidence for me...

I believe Jesus

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You might take a look at this article to find a list of resources. A lot of them don't mention Jesus by name, but rather refer to "Christ" which is really a Latinized translation of the Hebrew "Messiah", meaning "annoited one."

Historicity of Jesus

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I thought it sounded cool...

the next time anyone sees a God! is when the truth will be coming on the ever changing clouds (only the planets and clouds do that) to destroy them!

that came to me on the way get lunch

new topics

top topics

join