It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong's Kwok Billionaires Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hong Kong's Kwok Brothers Are Latest Billionaires Arrested

www.forbes.com

Billionaire brothers Thomas and Raymond Kwok, who run Hong Kong’s largest real estate developer Sun Hung Kai Properties, have been arrested by Hong Kong’s Independent Commission Against Corruption (“ICAC”) in connection with an investigation into “an offence or offences suspected, inter alia, to have been committed under the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-3-2012 by robhines because: title wouldn't work properly

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
A lot of people have been following the amount of bankers and other rich people being arrested lately for corruption, thought this was a pretty major one so added it here.

The article says the brothers are supposed to be part of the 2nd richest family in Hong Kong, (after Li Ka-shing.) so it might be interesting finding out what type of corruption they've been involved with if enough of the story comes out.

www.forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-3-2012 by robhines because: typos

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
hmmmm. Could this be a power ploy,from the Handlers in the North? I only say that,as those "oligarchs" in Russia,fell victim to Putin.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Corruption, payoffs and bribes in China?

Surely you must be joking...

If these guys have been arrested, it is probably only because they forgot to pay somebody somewhere.

PS. In that part of the world it is sometimes referred to as "friendship money".

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So what do you think, The families come in and make the required payoff and it all goes away.I mean jeez the government officials have to make their graft too.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

it shows you can get arrested until your one million dollar lawyer gets you out

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
this is why the monetary system should be done away with. It breeds greed corruption etc. these uber rich elites are all going to fall. karma is finally catching up with them. I cant wait to see the queen or better yet the pope in cuffs.............

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
this is why the monetary system should be done away with. It breeds greed corruption etc.

So does barter.

these uber rich elites are all going to fall.

Not all, very, very, very few.

karma is finally catching up with them. I cant wait to see the queen or better yet the pope in cuffs..........

You won't so stop waiting.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
Corruption, payoffs and bribes in China?

Surely you must be joking...

he's not joking....

and stop calling me Shirley

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
another potential leeds united owner falls by the wayside

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Rich people being arrested for corruption? As an American, this is a concept that's foreign to me...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm from Hong Kong, according to our local news, someone high in the government is also arrested. For giving the brothers insider information on some of the government's plans; so they get a head start to buy off lands and start developments.

So nothing to do with China.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Nice, it looks like something is up and the elites are scattering fearing the same. David Wilcox might be on to something here. Or this can simply be billionaires be arrested, but some how I don't think that case because how many billionaires do you know off the top of your head have been arrested before?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

A great example of a big fish eating a little fish.

the big bankers need to get rid of the weak..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So where are they taking all these "arrests"? What new organization is going to take care of them and keep them under watch for a future trial? I see tropical islands, Playboy bunnies, Justin Bieber clones, and Judge Dread. I haven't read through the numerous World Banker Roundups, it's a serious question, for once. Xenongod

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Apparently it doesn't matter how many of these predictions from Ben Fulford or whatz his nutz from project camelot come true...and they ARE coming true. There will always be no shortage of people who will REFUSE to acknowledge it.

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it.

Yup, pretty much sums it up alright.
It is happening and people ON THIS SITE are actually going down kicking and screaming trying to prop up the walls that are crumbling down around their illusory world.

such a shame to witness.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Apparently it doesn't matter how many of these predictions from Ben Fulford or whatz his nutz from project camelot come true...and they ARE coming true. There will always be no shortage of people who will REFUSE to acknowledge it.

You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it.

Yup, pretty much sums it up alright.
It is happening and people ON THIS SITE are actually going down kicking and screaming trying to prop up the walls that are crumbling down around their illusory world.

such a shame to witness.

I must admit DW piece Financial tyranny is a fine good piece, reads like popcorn entertainment to me (I mean that in a good way). Can't wait to sink my teeth into the piece that just came out. After all the gloom and doom and pessimism these past couple of years it's good to read about the good guys winning for once heh.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

property developement in China all have bribes included in the budget, cant build anything in China without some bribes.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I know and agree with you. this is what I would like to see however both the queen and the pope have an army of faithful sheep willing to die for them
edit on 31-3-2012 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2012 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join