It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tablet prices to go down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Google plans low-price tablet computer

Google Tablet in May?

Google is teaming with Asia-based hardware makers on a low-priced, 7-inch tablet computer to challenge offerings by Amazon.com and Apple, reports said.
An Asustek tablet could be released as early as May with a price of $199.

edit on 30-3-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If you want to avoid foxconn, then dont buy apple.
You can buy $50 7" tablets from china as it is, but they use the same parts than apple do. Foxconn.

If you want to avoid focxonn, then dont buy a tablet, phone, cheap motherboard, pretty much anything your cheap AND expensive doodad has.

I'm pointing out this little fact -- You will never get a slave free toy! Foxconn is not apple. Cheap is not a company, it is a business. google it, on your smart phone

Tablets that cost $$$$$ might come come down in price.
Tablets that cost a bit less, the price of a human soul, go for about $50aud, with a suede carry bag!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
If you want to avoid foxconn, then dont buy apple.
You can buy $50 7" tablets from china as it is, but they use the same parts than apple do. Foxconn.

If you want to avoid focxonn, then dont buy a tablet, phone, cheap motherboard, pretty much anything your cheap AND expensive doodad has.

I'm pointing out this little fact -- You will never get a slave free toy! Foxconn is not apple. Cheap is not a company, it is a business. google it, on your smart phone

Tablets that cost $$$$$ might come come down in price.
Tablets that cost a bit less, the price of a human soul, go for about $50aud, with a suede carry bag!

Well this really had nothing to do with Foxconn from my part.
I just saw the news and put it up as a bit of general info.

Slave free toy, that will indeed never happen.

And the cheaper it gets, the more slavery probably are involved.

Personally I would like to have an iPad, but I do not enjoy the price of it.
edit on 30-3-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Either prices will fall or they'll stop selling.

Tablets are the most useless gadgets to see store shelves since VirtualBoy.

Too big to carry in your pocket yet crippled by mobile operating systems.

Everyone I know with an iPad went out and got a case with a keyboard for it.

If you're going to carry around a 10" screen and a keyboard you may as well save $250 and get a small notebook.

Amazon has it right with the Kindle. Basically a media consumption device to auto-fill cash registers. They arent pretending their cash machine has some profound purpose in the universe.

I've been working in tech for over 25 years and have yet to see any reason why a tablet is better than a laptop and for most of the remote accessibility features Apple like to market the pad for relating to business purposes I can accomplish faster and more conveniently with an iPod touch or a smart phone.

It's a stupid device. Sure, a necessary stepping stone while developers and consumers figure out what it is they want in such a device but as they exist now they're too big to be quick and easy and too limited to be very useful.

Just a bigger screen to play Angry Birds on for rich kids.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I guess that when this tech gets better combined with more power, the "tablet" will be allot easier to defend as a viable product.

bendable display

top topics

join