It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA chief says agency bracing for 'maximum' disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'm posting a somewhat different spin then what I've seen on here: It has to do with just different headlines which might explain what's coming this way: Obama signs peacetime Martial law executive order,Trayvon Martin incident(Civil Unrest) Mexican earthquake drill and then actual earthquake of same magnitude,Annonymous says shutdown of Internet March 31, 2012, and now this headline: FEMA chief says agency bracing for 'maximum' disaster, put them all together mix them up and you have what? Your theory please.
Mine is eminent event fast approaching as an excuse to enforce executive order declaring Martial Law.

Eric Berger

Recent hurricanes Ike and Katrina may rank among the three costliest storms in U.S. history, but in preparing for disasters the federal government must think bigger still, says America's top emergency planner.Fugate told reporters Tuesday at the National Hurricane Conference in Orlando, Fla., that his agency has been preparing for realistic worst-case scenarios - not just natural disasters, such as hurricanes and earthquakes, but terrorist attacks, as well.That includes dealing with catastrophic events in which medical care would be needed for 265,000 casualties, restoring and sustaining basic services for an affected area of 7 million people within 60 days, and helping communities of 1.5 million disaster survivors recover within five years..

edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: punctuation

edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change to lower cap

edit on 30-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
if bho gets reelected then you are right. the president should be limited to one term.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
you better head for the country fema knows they are going to need a lot of body bags one of these dasys. i cant write more as they are watching what we write so i have spelled it differnt . thank god i am old and retired

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thebarbecuemaster

Yeah if romney/santorum/gingrich get it it'll be loads different...

Your only hope for any change at all was Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In other words, the head of FEMA is assuring people that he is actually doing his job, and we won't have a repeat of the Katrina fiasco. Would you prefer that the US meet every disaster unprepared?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Hello 1loserel2.
My theory of this statement would be that they are pertaining to the catastrophy of the New Madrid fault ripping open. However Fema is and has proven in the past to be subpar to handling catastrophies.
Quick note here. I dispatched two transport trailers full of bottled water from Ottawa Canada during Katrina to help with relief supplies. My two team trucks sat at a decommissioned airfield in Alabama for almost 2 weeks! Only to return to Ottawa with the water still on board
.Fema...what a shame!
edit on 30-3-2012 by mrspiggy because: spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

the head of fema is a joke with their billion dollar budget they have commercials telling you to get a go kit.. yes i will go out into the nuclear fallout with my go kit...

check out the fema equivalent in russia and china,israel see how they protect their citizens. well they may want us not to survive

whats coming we get nuked by iran our entire computer system is down EMD attsack nthing is filtered say goobye to internet eveb ulta low frequency net used in our submarines will not work. then china takes over becaudse we are appeasers like we were before ww2.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

put them all together mix them up and you have what?
This is where you go wrong. These events are totally unconnected in any way, except in your own mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

the head of fema is a joke with their billion dollar budget they have commercials telling you to get a go kit.. yes i will go out into the nuclear fallout with my go kit...

On the other hand, if you don't have a "go kit" you're going to feel like an idiot if your house is washed away in a flood. Put together a "go kit" just in case there isn't a nuclear war.

check out the fema equivalent in russia and china,israel see how they protect their citizens. well they may want us not to survive

The Israelis have lived in a constant state of war since 1957. They know for a fact that someone will eventually launch some sort of CBN attack on them. They have no choice but to give away free gas masks. As for Russia, they have spent a lot of money supposedly building bomb shelters, but no-one knows where they are or what the procedure for sheltering in them is. Russian security is known for using chemical weapons to end hostage situations; the hostages are as likely to die as the captors. Oh well, it works....

whats coming we get nuked by iran our entire computer system is down EMD attsack nthing is filtered say goobye to internet eveb ulta low frequency net used in our submarines will not work. then china takes over becaudse we are appeasers like we were before ww2.

If you have certain knowledge that Iran has nuclear weapons, I'm sure there are people in Washington who would like to hear about it. FEMA is preparing for the most likely emergency scenarios. They know for a fact that there will be floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes over the coming years. Put together a "go kit."

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

you may be right but

fema had even a worse record with natural disasters. if we got our troops out of afganistan stopped wasting our money with every dictatorship in the world we could fix it by putting colonoel oliver north in charge

cant spell im tired its late here in thailand

good luck to all

edit on 30-3-2012 by thebarbecuemaster because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Add all the disasters in for fun including the ME coming conflict along with Potus telling Abbas and Putin to be patient until he is reelected what do you have? Fema must plan.....
What if B a ma is not re-elected? Enter the executive orders declaring martial law. He has two months as a lame duck to do that. Suspend the constitution and This nation will have a new king? Possible?
All it will take is a major war, or a severe financial meltdown, or a planned disaster. Only one of the many things. Perhaps an incident before elections to prove himself, and anther planned afterwards just in case he looses?
To me that is the worst case scenerio. Can it happen? I really don't know. Is it even possible? I really don't know. So all I can say is what I do know. Something is very very wrong, and something wicked this way comes.
DH
edit on 30-3-2012 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
In other words, the head of FEMA is assuring people that he is actually doing his job, and we won't have a repeat of the Katrina fiasco. Would you prefer that the US meet every disaster unprepared?

You miss the point. The point is that there are many indications that the American public is being prepped for some colossal event. The thing of it is, there are about a half of a dozen things that could happen to upset the normal routine of several million people if not the entire nation.

US/world economic crash could happen at any time virtually overnight.
Earthquakes/floods/drastic weather/climate changes
Public upheavals over governmental policies
Teorrist activities on a major scale
Government revelations that ETs are here in UFOs
Race riots
Food riots
War cyper or physical

Do you not see that any of these are possible to some extent and a prudent government would be providing some cautious warnings about being ready with the most basic provisions on hand. Since that is actually happening, some folks are starting to wonder why all of the fuss? Is there something that is known to happen but they can't or won't tell us about or is it merely "good advice" put out because of any of the possible reasons I've supplied above and maybe unnamed others we don't even know or dream about?

edit on 30-3-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

If any of the Republican candidates get in, we're just as screwed if not more.

Especially Santorum.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Especially Santorum.

To see all of this prepping work by various agencies telling us to get ready is nothing but related to what ever political party you favor or not? --A rather simplistic view in my estimation.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Do you not see that any of these are possible to some extent and a prudent government would be providing some cautious warnings about being ready with the most basic provisions on hand. Since that is actually happening, some folks are starting to wonder why all of the fuss? Is there something that is known to happen but they can't or won't tell us about or is it merely "good advice" put out because of any of the possible reasons I've supplied above and maybe unnamed others we don't even know or dream about?

Some of the scenarios you suggest are more likely than others. FEMA's job is to cope with these, and educating the public is a big part of minimizing the potential damage. It is a certainty that parts of the country will be hit by floods, tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes in the coming year. FEMA does not know when and where, but it makes your personal survival more likely if you make your own preparations. If a FEMA representative ever says that there will be no natural disasters this year, you can be certain he is lying.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

On the other hand, if you don't have a "go kit" you're going to feel like an idiot if your house is washed away in a flood. Put together a "go kit" just in case there isn't a nuclear war. Put together a "go kit."

If you live in a populated area, there will be no "going" as the roads will be jammed tight for days on weeks. If you live in an area where people will "go" to then why have a go kit?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mrspiggy

A local bottling company sent a semi load of water the first week and it was turned away. The driver called his boss and they started unloading alongside the road till the police tried to chase them off but the people chased the cops off. They didn't have the proper paperwork to give away water

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Especially Santorum.

No kidding! Santorum is as scary as it gets. This guy actually believes the unadulterated barrage of BS that comes out of his mouth every time he opens it. I really feel there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats. The Republicans just come out and say screw you. The Democrats play the good cop, bad cop thing, but have the same agenda in the end. They all always go back on what they said in campaigns. This guys tells the truth.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PulsusMeusGallo

If you live in a populated area, there will be no "going" as the roads will be jammed tight for days on weeks. If you live in an area where people will "go" to then why have a go kit?

That depends on what you're "going" from, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I just posted this question earlier but what if there is a war underground?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join