It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to reunite Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The purpose of this thread is to attempt one technique of conflict resolution, pretend Korea is in a state of peace and help describe what it is like and how it got there.

With a recent international nuclear summit in South Korea this week, the headlines have been back on Korea and what to do about this wall. Previous peace talks have stalled due to this nuclear issue so with a large international diplomatic community showing up and leading the way it is looking like this roadblock can be finally put to rest. Basically, Korea has been fighting for so long that everyone who started it is dead and it is more continuing out of cultural tradition. To help define the situation:

South Korea is democratic, population of 49 Million and average annual wage of $30 000
North Korea is communist, population of 24 Million and average annual wage of $1 800

There are indications that North Korea is willing to submit to South Korean rule. There is still some uncertainty as to if North and South should still maintain some state control during the transition. Will a national framework fail if too much stress is put on too quick, will it fail if enough pressure is not put on it? I think it is very likely that some form of the communist party will remain in a Korean national parliament and aid in the transition.

As there is a redistribution in the balance of power, it is always a tricky and political process. So what is it going to take for the people to walk up and pull down this wall like what was done between East and West Germany? Any ideas, comments, stories or experience?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
In thinking about this myself,

Further peace talks go to help establish the framework for a Korean national parliament. The way discussion is conducted is in line with parliamentary rules and helps establish the level of discourse required. As progress is made the parliamentary process opens up and becomes more inclusive of the national agenda. There will be many attempts to stall and side track talks, but under the guidance of a strong speaker of the house the agenda is maintained and progress continues.

Eventually the conditions for agreement on peace is reached with a national holiday provided. With the planning and resources in place to aid in the transition, the culture shock is reduced. There is still quite a bit of chaos and anarchy, but nothing out of control and people still get their bowl of rice for the day. In the short term South Korea does take quite a hit in helping to support the North, but over time the trust builds as Koreans start to accept the idea that they are all in it together. Over time Korea returns to a power house, as with Germany as many of its hard lessons are still fresh in the minds. Its competitive spirit does not wane, but instead redirected towards more productive endeavours.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It will never happen as long as the current regime in North Korea exists.

To put it simply, as long as North Korea remains a communist regime and remains friendly with Russia and China, they will never reunite with South Korea.

So to answer your question on what needs to happen; either North Korea needs to fall from communism and the friendship of Russia and China or South Korea needs to fall away from the US and befriend China and Russia and take up communism. Either way one of the two countries needs to loose out in some way for a reuniting of the lands.

and the point we have possibly missed; Military conquest.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There is ONE verry SIMPLE soulution:

Ask the ppl that actually live there..

Insure and garuantee NO REPRICUTIONS
whatever the answer is!!!

"What do you want to do with the situation?"

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Um u know I have feeling Korea will be under Northern Rule anyways. Here's a scenario:

With the rule of Kim Jong un weak the leaders of North Korea decided that it is time to reunite with South Korea peacefully. However during the reunification process the North Korean military launches a coup to overthrow the South Korean Government

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Yeeeaaa.....

All in the name of the people...
Right..?!?!?

FRIKK governments..As long as they keep doing
things "For the ppl" and then doing the complete
oposite...They have failed..

For petes sake, they are launching rockets when
the people are starving...There must be SOME in
that country that can STILL think for them selfs???

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am pretending peace. Now how did it get to this point.

The world backed away. Allowing both sides to fight it out. Now the fighting is over.

How long will this state of peace exist? If you would like I can pretend that also.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Wow, that is a pretty bad situation. What if the US took a lease on South Korea for a couple hundred years, like the British done with Singapore? Would that help ease some anxiety and provide some long term direction?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Get our troops and civilian "advisors" the hell out of there and let the Koreans work it out for themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the war have to stop first? It is my understanding that the way is still going on, there is only a cease fire in order that is being held in place by the US controlled DMZ zone. The real issue is NK would have to agree to join the central bank, which under KJI the refused to do. My guess is now that he is dead, the deal is set and they will comply with IMF demands.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Its a classic case of projection. They can't get enough of telling us about the Islamamaniacs who demand everybody must submit to Allah or die, when actually it is the central bankers who demand that submission. The US military is the handmaiden of the bankers and the primary recipients of our bombs are those who will not submit. And THIS is the foreign policy the anti-Paul people vote to maintain.

There is another thread up today listing signs of the lack of common sense in Americans. Methinks they missed one. If being willing to die for the bankers isn't the biggest sign of irrationality, I don't know what could be.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

The real issue is NK would have to agree to join the central bank

Considering the NK situation, an increase in economic stimulation is important to help establish a more level trading platform with SK. A Korean Won will need to be established at some stage to unite the North and South currencies.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ok ok ok i get it.!!!
You dont have to rub it in...

The people have NO SAY in the matter...
Its ALL up to FEKKED up leaders who
dont have ANY clue...

Btw: Theres 2 ways ONLY to gain power..

Force it on yourself
Or
EARN it...
edit on 2012/3/30 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a nice big fireball, with a mushroom cloud, they could all be together in the fallout, bless

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

so correct. The interesting point is that it is/was clear to the banker establishment that there was no way in hell anyone would fight over fiat currency - worthless iou's. So they concocted the "strong man" "human rights" "democracy v communism" "evil dictator" "regime change, " (my lord I could go on for a hour) to trick people into killing their fellow men for the debt notes - which are just resource grabbing notes as the debts can't be paid back with more debt notes. There are only a few countries left, Iran being the last holdout.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

North Korea, Like the Soviet Union were and China are not Communist, they are a state capitalist Dictatorship.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

either North Korea needs to fall from communism and the friendship of Russia and China or South Korea needs to fall away from the US and befriend China and Russia and take up communism. Either way one of the two countries needs to loose out in some way for a reuniting of the lands.

Looking into the regional situation, it does not seam this bad. Russia is already on the side of capitalism and China has some capitalist elements. The cold war tension that helped build this wall is fading with growing pressure from all countries to put an end to this resource hungry militarisation going on. There will be some losing out on all side, but also a lot to gain as better relations are established. I can very much pretend that some hybridisation between these conflicting ideologies is possible.

As this thread has demonstrated, it is easy to fall into the ongoing conflict. With a strong political will to push through anything is possible, so the common desire, picture, belief and goal to get this wall down is important.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Ask the ppl that actually live there..

This has been going on for a generation, but still no progress. Taking this approach to the international stage is one thing I can do about this. It still may achieve nothing, but international pressure and support for Korea to sort this mess out does help provide more incentive and direction for this difficult situation.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Thank you for your time. I know this environment is a very dynamic place and conflict is common with competition a vital part of the genetic search. I know there will always be problems while there are people, but how does the world reduce this conflict and its general savagery? The rule of law has helped a lot, but there is still more that needs to be done.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Get our troops and civilian "advisors" the hell out of there and let the Koreans work it out for themselves.

This is a great point, ultimately it is up to Korea to solve. But how long will it take? Do they need some assistance and what kind of help? There is a lot of conflict to resolve and change management issues to contend with. When Korea is at a stalemate, can an international consensus help guide through the issues or do we just let them fight it out?

With so many people raised on division and hate, the language and culture is at a disadvantage to get through alone. The world helped create this mess and as such does have some responsibility in cleaning it up. The military hard liners do have a strong focus on the conflict, so what other social skills are available to help focus on the solution?
edit on 30-3-2012 by kwakakev because: added question mark

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join