It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Global Blackout - Anonymous To Take Down Internet 03/31/2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Links -

Operation Global Blackout (YouTube Video)
www.youtube.com...

Operation Global Blackout (Story In Print)
investmentwatchblog.com... 5-minutes/#.T3UT2GHy_i4

Operation Global Blackout (Story In Print / Backup)
www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Just LoL.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Could be quite possibly the Worlds Greatest April Fools Joke...

Just a thought....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

it is most lightly a joke,

but worlds greatest? i dont thinkso.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I work as a manager in a tech support call center for one of the largest ISPs in the country.

All I can say, is that tomorrow is going to suck hard.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor
I work as a manager in a tech support call center for one of the largest ISPs in the country.

Please say more.

What do you know?

I work with computers and medical patients.

Any info could help.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
www.abovetopsecret.com...

it takes seconds to come up with this

Sorry about that, I always search first. I did a search for both 'Operation Global Blackout' and 'Operation Blackout' and couldn't find anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Please say more.

What do you know?

Any info could help.

If Anon manages to take down the root DNS servers, pretty much everyone that isn't savvy enough to know how to bypass DNS will be stuck without internet connectivity via web browsers. That means absolute panic among our customers, and many other ISPs...I don't know any specifics but some ISPs have backup plans in case our DNS goes down, and it involves using alternative methods to allow for domain name lookup...only problem is it slows down pretty much everything that uses network connectivity.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
IF this even happens I will be 100% convinced Anon is a TPTB front, right now I'm 80% that they are because they are following the classic PRS framework but that's just me. They're not liberating anything or anyone just bringing even more Tyranny our way if anything.

Anon would be or is classed as 'Cyber Terrorists' and we know who created and funded the last batch of 'Terrorists' that 'did anything' on a big scale

What did that bring us??

NDAA, Patriot Act, a few senseless wars, extreme debt, Dictators.

I can only imagine what kind of loss of freedoms this action will lead us to if it even happens. Something tells me Anon will be the patsy to something Explosive......But that's just my gut feeling.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe....it seems there is these threats every week that never come through?
I rest sceptical. We'll see though.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Please say more.

What do you know?

Any info could help.

If Anon manages to take down the root DNS servers, pretty much everyone that isn't savvy enough to know how to bypass DNS will be stuck without internet connectivity via web browsers. That means absolute panic among our customers, and many other ISPs...I don't know any specifics but some ISPs have backup plans in case our DNS goes down, and it involves using alternative methods to allow for domain name lookup...only problem is it slows down pretty much everything that uses network connectivity.

Ok. I'm glad I'm not in a life or death area.

If this comes to be. I'll just send my patients home.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I simply do not believe this will happen.
Would be fun to be proven wrong for once though....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Curious if after the many arrests made and their leader turning on them that any anonymous activities are 100% our controllers running the show. I wonder if the arrests of the rich and resignations of CEO's are related and trying to turn off our internet in a sad attempt to save face by unconnecting us.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well, if they do manage to flip the proverbial switch & shut down the interwebz, I'll have some semblance of new-found respect for them, for sure. I doubt they'll be able to do it, though, just out of the logistic hurdles.

Speaking of Anonymous, am I the only one who reads everything put forth by them in the Borg Collective voice?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think people are not taking this seriously enough. Anon could actually pull this off if they have enough members participating worldwide, the method of attack they outline is very sound. Whether they have the balls to go ahead with it remains to be seen.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hottoboggan
Curious if after the many arrests made and their leader turning on them

Anonymous doesn't have a leader

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's BS. From the second of the three threads linked above I posted this, which is likely to be more accurate. If it does happen you can guess it's TPTB who'll then try and blame it on Anon to push their messed up internet laws faster.

Originally posted by robhines
Here, I think this might clear things up a bit.

Originally posted by MaKaElectric
Sorry about that, I always search first. I did a search for both 'Operation Global Blackout' and 'Operation Blackout' and couldn't find anything.

It's often better with a browser. Type in : site:abovetopsecret.com

Then the words you're searching for. (add a space after the .com in the address first though.) In google you can also add a date range from the options in the left sidebar.
edit on 30-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

It's BS. From the second of the three threads linked above I posted this, which is likely to be more accurate. If it does happen you can guess it's TPTB who'll then try and blame it on Anon to push their messed up internet laws faster.

My thoughts exactly! Why would Anonymous want to piss off the whole country? If this goes
down it's a false flag for sure. The internet is the #1 enemy of TPTB. This is alphabet agency
stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MaKaElectric

31st March 2012 is Earth Hour Day. Every country on Earth will switch off all electricity for an hour from 8.30pm to 9.30pm. As we live in different time zone the world would have for that day given out less carbon. Its this Saturday and its not an April Fool's joke. You can ask your friends living here in Asia.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join