Why does the United States allow Israeli Citizens in the U.S. Congress?

page: 3
33
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
how many americans in the israeli knesset- 0. in the russian parliament-0. in british parliament-0.

point being it is not wise nor in the best interests of national security to have people with dual loyalties to different countries in high levels of power.

it is a conflict of interest and dangerous.

why the united states would allow citizens of foreign countries to be senators is beyond crazy.




posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe this explains it?

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

whatreallyhappened.com...



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how many americans in the israeli knesset- 0. in the russian parliament-0. in british parliament-0.

point being it is not wise nor in the best interests of national security to have people with dual loyalties to different countries in high levels of power.

it is a conflict of interest and dangerous.

why the united states would allow citizens of foreign countries to be senators is beyond crazy.


can you prove that? if so then you just proved why its most unlikely it matters that they are a duel cit. wouldn't it be in America's best interest to "infiltrate" as m any gov int the world? If the world most damaging country isn't doing it then why would anyone else
edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Maybe this explains it?

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

whatreallyhappened.com...



Not only does that site not provide sources but on the ones it does it points to a Palestine site(Palestine: Information with Provenance (PIWP database)) that list its sources to a site filled with viruses


So yeah deny ignorance
edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
I'm confused.
This is America isn't it?
So then why are there Israeli citizens in the Congress making decisions about our Republic, the United States of America?

Can anybody clarify this situation?


I could say the same to you, why does Australia allow US citizens into the Parliament?



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit
 


Here is a current list as of January 2012, from wramsite.com...:

THE SENATE

Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Benjamin Cardin (D-MD)
Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Al Franken (D-MN)
Herb Kohl (D-WI)
Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Joseph Lieberman (Independent-CT)
Carl Levin (D-MI)
Bernard Sanders (Independent-VT)
Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Ron Wyden (D-OR)
Michael Bennet (D-CO)

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Gary Ackerman (D-NY)
Shelley Berkley (D-NV)
Howard Berman (D-CA)
Eric Cantor (R-VA)
David Cicilline (D-RI)
Stephen Cohen (D-TN)
Susan Davis (D-CA)
Ted Deutch (D-FL)
Eliot Engel (D-NY)
Bob Filner (D-CA)
Barney Frank (D-MA)
Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ)
Jane Harman (D-CA)
Steve Israel (D-NY)
Sander Levin (D-MI)
Nita Lowey (D-NY)
Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)
Jared Polis (D-CO)
Steve Rothman (D-NJ)
Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)
Allyson Schwartz (D-PA)
Adam Schiff (D-CA)
Brad Sherman (D-CA)
Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
Henry Waxman (D-CA)
Anthony Weiner (D-NY) This one is gone now, and we know why!
John Yarmuth (D-KY)

This is not "jew-bashing", this is a legitimate concern that people who have dual citizenship are supposedly representing the United States and are sworn to uphold the constitution, yet half of them holds on to a country in the middle east who's interests often conflict with our own. One has to wonder if they are really loyal to the US or if they are operating with a hidden agenda.

To me, this is an inordinate amount of senators and reps with dual citizenship, and does not bode well for the future of this country.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Bullypulpit
 


Here is a current list as of January 2012, from wramsite.com...:

THE SENATE

Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Benjamin Cardin (D-MD)
Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Al Franken (D-MN)
Herb Kohl (D-WI)
Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Joseph Lieberman (Independent-CT)
Carl Levin (D-MI)
Bernard Sanders (Independent-VT)
Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Ron Wyden (D-OR)
Michael Bennet (D-CO)

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Gary Ackerman (D-NY)
Shelley Berkley (D-NV)
Howard Berman (D-CA)
Eric Cantor (R-VA)
David Cicilline (D-RI)
Stephen Cohen (D-TN)
Susan Davis (D-CA)
Ted Deutch (D-FL)
Eliot Engel (D-NY)
Bob Filner (D-CA)
Barney Frank (D-MA)
Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ)
Jane Harman (D-CA)
Steve Israel (D-NY)
Sander Levin (D-MI)
Nita Lowey (D-NY)
Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)
Jared Polis (D-CO)
Steve Rothman (D-NJ)
Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)
Allyson Schwartz (D-PA)
Adam Schiff (D-CA)
Brad Sherman (D-CA)
Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
Henry Waxman (D-CA)
Anthony Weiner (D-NY) This one is gone now, and we know why!
John Yarmuth (D-KY)

This is not "jew-bashing", this is a legitimate concern that people who have dual citizenship are supposedly representing the United States and are sworn to uphold the constitution, yet half of them holds on to a country in the middle east who's interests often conflict with our own. One has to wonder if they are really loyal to the US or if they are operating with a hidden agenda.

To me, this is an inordinate amount of senators and reps with dual citizenship, and does not bode well for the future of this country.


i was going to try and argue that America is basically a immigrant country i mean its only been a country for what just over 200 years how American is America? But i can't help but think that if we compared the % of representatives with duel citizenship to the average American population that we might be surprised by the imbalance. so i guess i changed my mind on the subject! how exciting!
edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here is some more information that people might find interesting: Did you know that Mexican-Americans CANNOT hold dual citizenship? They have to be one or the other. How is this fair?


he 1940 Nationality Act Section 401 (e) of the 1940 Nationality Act provides that a U.S. citizen, whether by birth or naturalization, "shall lose his [U.S.] nationality by...voting in a political election in a foreign state." This law was tested many times.

In 1958, for instance, an American citizen named Perez voted in a Mexican election. The case went to the Supreme Court, where the majority opinion held that Perez must lose his American nationality. The court said Congress could provide for expatriation as a reasonable way of preventing embarrassment to the United States in its foreign relations.

But then something very odd happened. In 1967 an American Jew, Beys Afroyim received an exemption that set a precedent exclusively for American Jews. Afroyim, born in Poland in 1895, emigrated to America in 1912, and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1926. In 1950, aged 55, he emigrated to Israel and became an Israeli citizen. In 1951 Afroyim voted in an Israeli Knesset election and in five political elections that followed. So, by all standards he lost his American citizenship -- right? Wrong.

After living in Israel for a decade, Afroyim wished to return to New York. In 1960, he asked the U.S. Consulate in Haifa for an American passport. The Department of State refused the application, invoking section 401 (e) of the Nationality Act -- the same ruling that had stripped the American citizen named Perez of his U.S. citizenship.

Attorneys acting for Afroyim took his case to a Washington, DC District Court, which upheld the law. Then his attorneys appealed to the Court of Appeals. This court also upheld the law. The attorneys for Afroyim then moved the case on to the Supreme Court. Here, with Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas, Lyndon Johnson's former attorney and one of the most powerful Jewish Americans, casting the swing vote, the court voted five to four in favor of Afroyim.

The court held that the U.S. government had no right to "rob" Afroyim of his American citizenship! The court, reversing its previous judgment as regards the Mexican American, ruled that Afroyim had not shown "intent" to lose citizenship by voting in Israeli elections. Huh? While Washington claims it has a "good neighbor" policy with Mexico, the U.S. does not permit Mexicans to hold dual nationality. The US makes them become either U.S. or Mexican -- you can't be both. But the U.S., in its special relationship with Israel, has become very sympathetic to allowing Israeli-Americans to retain two nationalities and allowing U.S. citizens not only to hold public office in Israel, but to hold US government positions as well! No other country holds this special exception to our laws of citizenship.



In 2009 it was revealed that the NSA had secretly taped conversations of Congresswomen Jane Harman [photographed with Israeli Knesset Speaker, Dalia Itzik] negotiating with two AIPAC spies accused of giving sensitive information about US military activities to the Israeli government.

In the taped conversation she is being asked to dismiss their espionage charges in return for large political contributions and (are you ready) a chairmanship of the US Intelligence Committee! One has to assume that they thought they could actually "arrange" for this to happen. This information was secretly revealed by the NSA to Nancy Polosi prior to the selection of the committee chairman and was a factor (let's hope, anyway) in Harmon's failure to obtain this highly sensitive position. After all was said and done, however, the case against the two Israeli lobbyists was dismissed -- against the insistance of the FBI. No satisfactory reason has been given for this.

Unfortunately, such an act of treason remains unchallenged and Jane Harman remains at her congressional job and enjoys being the third wealthiest member of Congress. Only in America!


wramsite.com...

We have been taken over but nobody is allowed to say anything about it lest they be labeled "anti-semetic". I applaud the OP for having the courage to bring this conversation out into the open.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


Actually i take back what i said that site doesn't provided sources for its stories.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3
 


Do you have an issue with the truth of the list of members of congress, or what?



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


yea that and the vmexican vote thing. I just can't find sources to back the list up. the Alyssa Goldstein of Bard College that aprrently did the research on the list doesn't seem to exsit and the only references i can find to her are from blog like sites . im just trying not to base my opinions on made up stuff. unless im missing a link there or something >



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3
 


You're not trying very hard. Here is the information on the American voting in Mexico. The Supreme Court heard this case in 1958 and was known as Perez vs. Brownell:

en.wikipedia.org...

supreme.justia.com...

This is not a "made up" story, it is a verifiable fact.

Here is the proof that a dual citizenship with America and Israel was okayed by the Supreme Court in 1967:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.law.cornell.edu...

I have to do more research on the congressmen and women with dual citizenship, because, obviously, the government and the MSM aren't exactly coming out and advertising it. There is no comprehensive list that is sanctioned by the US government.....But I will FIND that information, in a format that suits the naysayers, and get back to this thread, because I have NEVER posted "made-up" information.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


First off i in no way intended to imply that you were purposefully posting made up stuff!

And i didn't look into the Mexican vote thing only the duel cit list. I figure they would post there sources right there at the end of the article so my bad about that. But yeah the list may well be true but i have a feeling it would be quite hard to verify since i find it hard to believe that type of information is going to be publicly released. But they are representatives so it should be made available.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim
 





If I remember Israel told UK that it would bring US into the fight in WWII because UK was on the breakdown. So the Jews wanted the Holy Land in return for their favour, and so still today they sit there making decisions that satisfy the Israelis.

When you say Israel, what exactly do you mean? WWII began years before there was an Israel, at least as I know it.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amt247
Because we allow dual citizenship. This is America.

edit on 30-3-2012 by amt247 because: (no reason given)

OK, Can you name one Dual Citizen from say, our closest ally Canada?

Maybe one, just one from our biggest Military ally, England?

I'll wait for one, just one.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This excellent new video by Anthony Lawson says it all.

edit on 30-3-2012 by audiopackrat because: name spelling



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by amt247
Because we allow dual citizenship. This is America.

edit on 30-3-2012 by amt247 because: (no reason given)

OK, Can you name one Dual Citizen from say, our closest ally Canada?

Maybe one, just one from our biggest Military ally, England?

I'll wait for one, just one.


do you mean any average citizen, if so then im a duel cit uk-usa, if you mean Representatives then can you show me a reliable source that proves they are not only Israeli-usa duel citizens ?



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
if you mean Representatives then can you show me a reliable source that proves they are not only Israeli-usa duel citizens ?

I cant find ANY other country , other than Israel with Politicans with Dual Cit.

LOL, heck, even after being convicted TWICE for spying for Israel, Richard Perle had a Gov Position with Dubya.

Now thats some clout. country of 6 million , biotch slapping the USA.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Bixxi3
 


Do you have an issue with the truth of the list of members of congress, or what?
I have issue of the percentage of democrats on that list....That's ridiculous...And scary



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Bullypulpit
 


Here is a current list as of January 2012, from wramsite.com...:

THE SENATE

Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Benjamin Cardin (D-MD)
Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Al Franken (D-MN)
Herb Kohl (D-WI)
Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Joseph Lieberman (Independent-CT)
Carl Levin (D-MI)
Bernard Sanders (Independent-VT)
Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Ron Wyden (D-OR)
Michael Bennet (D-CO)

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Gary Ackerman (D-NY)
Shelley Berkley (D-NV)
Howard Berman (D-CA)
Eric Cantor (R-VA)
David Cicilline (D-RI)
Stephen Cohen (D-TN)
Susan Davis (D-CA)
Ted Deutch (D-FL)
Eliot Engel (D-NY)
Bob Filner (D-CA)
Barney Frank (D-MA)
Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ)
Jane Harman (D-CA)
Steve Israel (D-NY)
Sander Levin (D-MI)
Nita Lowey (D-NY)
Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)
Jared Polis (D-CO)
Steve Rothman (D-NJ)
Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)
Allyson Schwartz (D-PA)
Adam Schiff (D-CA)
Brad Sherman (D-CA)
Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
Henry Waxman (D-CA)
Anthony Weiner (D-NY) This one is gone now, and we know why!
John Yarmuth (D-KY)

This is not "jew-bashing", this is a legitimate concern that people who have dual citizenship are supposedly representing the United States and are sworn to uphold the constitution, yet half of them holds on to a country in the middle east who's interests often conflict with our own. One has to wonder if they are really loyal to the US or if they are operating with a hidden agenda.

To me, this is an inordinate amount of senators and reps with dual citizenship, and does not bode well for the future of this country.


My thanks to you! I was too lazy to compile a list. To all those knuckleheads who were saying "you guys are jew hating" we're obviously too lazy to do a quick search. I didn't search only because I already knew the answers and wasn't in the mood to play the tutor roll.

The fact that a bigh percentage of US politicians share citezenship with Israel which also requires an oath to be served.

Which country would you believe they care for first?

US policy proves that they are Israel firsters.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
33
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join