It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely fast maneuvering crafts on satellite air traffic...UFOs?(with video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The following is an interesting video it is a 24 hour time lapse and about a bit over a minute long. I am well aware that time lapse speeds things up, but what I want to point out with this post is; that even though things are sped up there are lots of air traffic to compare these objects with at the same time.

The place I would like to direct your attention; when viewing the video is the band of area up towards the north pole. In doing so you can clearly see objects flying many times, over the rate of other traffic(the average 747 crusing speed is mach 0.85)www.topspeed.com...
Besides these objects/crafts moving many times the rate of the average 747; they also appear to decelerate very rapidly and increase speed back to what it was, and maneuver in bizarre ways.

Some appear to land and take off from different places in the arctic...which also makes little sense are there air bases all over the arctic?

I was speculating that they could be military craft at first; then I read about the top 10 fastest air craft. Number 1 is the space shuttle, and numbers 2&3 have to be dropped from a larger plane. Number 4 the SR-71 BlackBird was retired in 1998. Number 5 is the Russian Mig-25 Foxbat it's top speed is mach 3.2.... www.tiptoptens.com...

That means the fastest known or disclosed craft; that could be in this video, is moving only 3 times as fast as the average 747 traffic seen in this video. It is very clear upon watching some of these objects/crafts are moving well over 3 times what the 747's are.

This footage is from a military satellite.... Please enjoy; and share your thoughts! P.S. if anyone knows where similar can be watched in real time please post a link!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What an awesome video! There were some interesting movements over the north pole.....

Snf

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
As Doc Brown said, you're not thinking 4th dimensionally.

The map is a stretched out version of the whole. What you see at the top is a stretched out display of the middle, so they appear to move faster than the middle of the map.

Good looking out though.

ETA- you're avatar made me think I sneezed on my screen again, very clever.

edit on 30-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The footage is not from a military satellite. It is a simulation produced by these guys:
radar.zhaw.ch...

Do you know what a map projection is? It is the way a sphere is represented on a flat surface. It causes distances to be distorted. Do you really think Greenland is larger than North America?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Watching the larger version, one can notice local traffic in the same area being out clocked. I was very well aware of what you were talking about before posting this.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

Nice vid! You know that the world is round... when projected on a flat surface, a 100 miles on the equator can look as big as 5 miles(for instance) at the poles, hence objects will seem to travel much faster. There is nothing strange about this. But thanks for the vid.

*edit* Damn not fast enough - Phage on the loose
edit on 30/3/12 by PadawanGandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

One of my college degrees is an AAS in Drafting and Design; I made many maps; and did lots of surveying, thanks for the "map lesson" anyways.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Watching the larger version, one can notice local traffic in the same area being out clocked. I was very well aware of what you were talking about before posting this.

Wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, but like Phage said, Greenland is stretched out larger than the US. Clocked in real time/distance? Seems about right to me considering the flattened display area.

edit on 30-3-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Maybe you can explain your claim that "This footage is from a military satellite"?
A single satellite can track aircraft around the entire globe? That's pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The upper and lower part of the map in question is at an arc away from the viewer; creating a parallax, when one projects a 3 dimensional object as flat there will be some distortions, such as the ones mentioned. I am sure they spent a good while building it as accurate as a system as they could; seeing that they plan on "upgrading" current radar traffic, with a similar system of satellite imagery.

This wasn't made by high school kids as a project; so bear that in mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Yes.
It was made by these guys.
radar.zhaw.ch...
And because of the map projection used, distances near the poles are highly expanded.

You're not the first one to be confused.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The topic is: Extremely fast maneuvering crafts on satellite air traffic...UFOs?(with video)
Not other members.
edit on March 30th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Great video, OP. I like it but not for the intended purpose. It's cool seeing where everyone wants to go for vacation while I'm stuck here.

Search the video for other anomalies that aren't along the poles.

edit on 30-3-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Faulty video headlines led to the usage of "military", my browser couldn't read German, when I found that link before posting. I have installed one now however to read it. Having done so:

This animation shows all scheduled flights over a 24h period (based on 2008 data). Every day 93'000 flights are starting from approx. 9'000 airports. At all time there are between 8'000 and 13'000 airplanes in the air. This animation was produced to be shown on the high definition 3D-Globe "Orbitarium" in Technorama - The Swiss Science Center in collaboration with Institute of Applied Information Technology InIT, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Winterthur.

So consider the use of military retracted.

This is real data though, that part cannot be denied. The dots were projected on the surface of a huge globe known as the "Orbitarium" from inside of the globe. The globe was filmed apparently, from all sides thats why it appears with such an extreme parallax.

It would definitely be an interesting exhibit to see. video of the Orbitarium: vimeo.com... Video of the original video in HD vimeo.com...

Thanks for those helping to clarify the information presented; and I apologize for not doing more research into this post before posting it. I am not someone to fight tooth and nail with a closed mind.

Mods; if you wish move or delete this thread...I do however feel there is a good discussion to be had with the information presented; but perhaps not in its current format...thanks!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

REMINDER:

The topic is Extremely fast maneuvering crafts on satellite air traffic...UFOs?(with video) not other members.

Debate and dicuss the topic and that is it.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I feel since it is my post; I can reply how I would like; to a poster insulting me; calling me "confused" if anyone has a problem with that; then I will be more than happy to have my account deleted either by myself or a mod...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Phage you're a #ing idiot and greeneyed is a fat stupid #.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This footage is from a military satellite.... Please enjoy; and share your thoughts! P.S. if anyone knows where similar can be watched in real time please post a link!

Well first off as Phage said this is not military in any way,and if you would have used the link he provided you would have understood that. Now you ask for a link well that is given to you by Phage,but here you go again...

radar.zhaw.ch...

Now before you throw another hissy fit you may want to pay close attention to what I am going to show you...

Maybe in the future you give the creators credit for there work. BTW here is some more of their work...

and this...

Again nothing military about the video you provided, Sorry..

edit on 31-3-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join