It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many animals have you people killed accidentally?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

You're the reason my bunnies keep dying and we have nothing to do about it, because of people like you!

Edit - I was only kidding, I hold no vengeance in my heart for people

Honestly though, because this ONE CAT is STILL ALIVE, almost 3 dozen of my bunnies have been killed.

That's right. Over 30 bunnies, over the span of 4 damn years. May the blood of these bunnies be on your soul, for condemning humans who kill cats..

edit on 31-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I accidently killed two cats. Im not sure if those are the only critters. I throw sticks and rocks as hard as I can just for fun. Some fish forsure (not sure if you count those).

I really doubt you consider insects,I am always killing insects tho.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adnachiel21
No I have never killed a mammal,maybe some insects unintentionally,and lots of spiders intentionally.But to the people who have killed cats I have only this Die Mother #er Die Karma is a bitch.

Same here ZERO animals killed, except some insects accidently, I even don't kill spiders, I let the spiders out of the window so I've got an extra point over you.
BUT I have killed some insects on purpose that are injured, almost dead, to end any possible suffering.

I do remember one time I pretended to punch a fly that was hanging around me, and to my suprise I hit it the first time and it died instantly, fell on the floor KO. :O

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I try my best not to kill animals. Even for squirrels I slow down as much as I can I was pretty much raised to respect animals and feed them (like birds and geese I used to fight back in South Carolina). The only death that still haunts me was when my dog had to be put down, it was about 7-8 years ago now and still kind of haunts me...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here's an embarassing story that sort of depresses me when I think back. I'm so weird!

I was at a bus stop and saw an injured pigeon that could not fly, probably hit by a car, I knew if I didn't help it would die a very slow death. I know a lot of people don't care about pigeons, so I may seem weird here haha. Anyway so I asked a random guy if the RSPCA would help pigeons? He said no they don't, if I care so much maybe I should put it out of it's misery and kill it.

I thought about it for a while, I knew it was going to die a slow painful death and there was nothing I could do to save it. So I decided I'm going to give it a quick death to end it's suffering. So off I went to look for something to kill a pigeon with, I eventually found a nice sized brick that would do the job perfectly.

Here's the embarassing part, on my way back to the pigeon while holding the brick in my hand suddenly I heard a voice behind me say "Can you explain to me what you're planning to do with that brick!?..."
I turned around and there was a suspicious POLICE officer behind me, he came out of nowhere! WTF.

In my confusion the only words that left my mouth was ".....I'm going to kill a pigeon with it"
You should have seen his face lol.

The rest of the story is just me trying to explain and show him the pigeon whith him looking at me like I'm a total freak and asking me "why!?" hahaha.

Anyway I had to leave the pigeon to die slowly, and I went back home. But I then decided to search online for any places that would help pigeons, and to my suprise I found a place that took in injured wild birds. So I quickly went outside with a box, found the pigeon a bit further away from the bus stop, I know your not supposed to touch pigeons because of bacteria etc but I didn't care. Then I went on the bus and made my way to the wildlife rescue place.

I got off the bus, walking across a small field I was almost there, the pigeon was going to be saved!
I checked up on the pigeon, looked inside the box...it was dead...CRAP!
So I put the pigeon down next to a tree and made my way home.

Just another weird day.
edit on 1-4-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent
I try my best not to kill animals. Even for squirrels I slow down as much as I can I was pretty much raised to respect animals and feed them (like birds and geese I used to fight back in South Carolina). The only death that still haunts me was when my dog had to be put down, it was about 7-8 years ago now and still kind of haunts me...

The one that haunts me, is an old cat I grew up with that had to be put down. Since I was ignorant, I thought it took time for her to die after the injection. I thought I could take her home and be there with her when she dies.

So I left the room with a tear in my eyes while she took the injection because I couldn't watch it. A few minutes later my mother came out carrying the basket and gave it to me to carry. When I looked inside it was only then I realised she was already dead, I felt my heart sink. I was so sad because I never got to say bye or be there for her. I felt like I betrayed her.

I know she was only a cat, but she was like family to me.

edit on 31-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by MystiqueAgent

The one that haunts me, is an old cat I grew up with that had to be put down. Since I was ignorant, I thought it took time for her to die after the injection. I thought I could take her home and be there with her when she dies.

So I left the room with a tear in my eyes while she took the injection because I couldn't watch it. A few minutes later my mother came out carrying the basket and gave it to me to carry. When I looked inside it was only then I realised she was already dead, I felt my heart sink. I was so sad because I never got to say bye or be there for her. I felt like I betrayed her.

I know she was only a cat, but she was like family to me.

edit on 31-3-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

I definitely understand where you are coming from I felt the same way about my dog and it was really horrible to lose a family member. Certainly at that time I sure it was quite painful to have gone through that

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
the last things i intentionally killed were the intsects under the leaves of my snowpeas. my snowpeas health depended on it and i felt no remorse, (neither did my mom when she stomped my peas to teach me the value of property rights) but around the same time I accidentally smashed a newts tail off when it was hidding under a box and that made me feel bad, but im sure he survived. i wonder why i would feel worse about accidentally injuring a newt vs. intentionally killing a couple dozen insects. it must be depreciation through large numbers, when there are soooo many more insects then there are newts in my backyard and being some what responsible for unexpected outcomes that resulted in harm. . .LOL idk

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by thebestnr1

Why would you laugh at that peacock story. Nothing was funny about it.

A peacock dying from getting stoning isn't humorous

fair quistion
it probably had to do with the mood i was in
but i guess it had to do with the guy or girl telling it
i mean i dont get how u throw stones at a bird to scare it and then hit it
and then it just drops dead lol, i agree its not that funny but it makes me laugh,dont know why
maybe it because i rather laugh over a bird killed accidently then million of people who die evrey day needlesly
but the thing i thought was funny he tried to scare it away but he killed it
wat a terrible throwing arm ahahahahha
so u are basicly wright but that part of the storie made me crack up,sorry

and have u ever killed a spider or a fly?
i mean where do u draw the line?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I've never hit anything with my car so 0.

Maybe a few bugs, but I try to avoid killing them as well

Oh and when I was a little kid I accidentally spilled my sisters sea monkey aquarium, I felt so bad. That was like a shrimp massacre.

edit on 30-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

u see that made me lol to
a shrimp massacre isnt funny?
yeah wright

i remember warching faces of death, i was laughing to
well evrybody sat there in horror nearly crying lol
maybe its nerves,but most likely im just a very disturbed person lol

edit on 3-4-2012 by thebestnr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Nah I get it, it's not the pain that's funny, it's the awkward situation that makes it funny.

That's why dark comedies exist.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Nah I get it, it's not the pain that's funny, it's the awkward situation that makes it funny.

That's why dark comedies exist.

i guess yes
i really like animals actually

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When I was like 7 or 8 I killed a kitten. It was not an accident, either, I'm sad to say. Since I have seriously grown up in the past few years, that act from my youth has plagued my conscience non stop pretty much. Sometimes, I'll awake at night at random and those horrible feelings of remorse and shame will keep me up for a while, not just about the kitten, but other regrets too. Definitely trying to be the best me that I can be. I will say that my husband hunts, and we process most of our meat ourselves. Aside from the viscera, spine, tendons, brains and hooves (or feet in the case of turkeys) we use pretty much everything and it's my own ritual to offer a quiet moment of gratitude to the animal before I begin to dress it. I touch it, and imagine it's life in the wilderness before it expired, and send a wish for it's spirit to dwell in that familiar comfort. My husband respects my little ritual, but he jokes at me about it sometimes...but I feel I do it because of the remorse I still deal with for killing the kitten.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
my son won a contest at school and the prize was a knoll ( a little lizard ). i assumed he liked the sun and brought him outside on a sunny day . It was about 80 degrees. i gave him planty of water; a few hours later he was dead and dried up. I felt so bad. my son who was 6 years old said that all the kids in school kept asking him how the lizard was doing and he had to tell them his mom killed it .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join