It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its NOT A Race Thing....Its a POOR Thing!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

By stating that you have the ability to give to charities while others do not, is not a way to justify anything but your perceived superiority. Just saying.....

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Apparently it is also a sexist thing. After reading through some of *those* threads I saw women being attacked and told to shut up.

Basically those threads revealed to me that

1. there are a lot of racists on ATS and the owners are OK with the spread of hate by hosting these threads
2. there are people who do not like women and when some women speak up they are attacked by some men on this forum, including sending PM's to them, attacking them there, calling them foul language
3. there are a lot of racists coming from other forums like stormfront.

This is not going to be popular but I would love it if ATS went to paranormal discussions only and the owners stop the spread of hate on their site.

I'm about to leave ATS if all of this continues. It's just too much. If anyone knows of forums where there is some sane and respectful discussion on alternative topics and the paranormal please send me some links.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Starchildren because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We will never find peace, until we put the energy in to finding it. Human beings have the potential to do about anything, except love each other for a long duration of time, even when we are different looking, or believe something differently, or act differently.

Peace is something hard to accomplish within a world where there are billions of human beings all differant from each other.

Each and every human emotion contributes, to why peace as a whole within the World among every human being is impossible...

It is and will always be to complicated...

hell stories in the bible prove this theory if not fact...

It seems by design, we are designed, to reach a certain point and then plateau.

Not to mention the knowledge we gained eons ago or even as early as a year ago, we have forgotten,
just due to the holes in our memories...

I think Mankind, has everything we need to make this world better, better life for those without, better existence for the Animal kingdom we rule, yet its the same flaws as before, its the same comfort level in the way as before that prevents us from soaring with Eagles...

It will never work unless each number that builds up the number billions on this planet believes it can...

I think that is impossible...

Unless someone had some kind of magic....

next year their will be other stories just like the ones coming to a head in the current events, its the nature of mankind...

Hell at one point in our existence we thought gladiators killing each other was humane and entertainment..

Or even having slaves, was ok...

Or even conquering people pillaging their villages and raping was ok..

You think mankind does not make this behavior Instincts? or instinctive? For some I beleive its in the genetics and instinctive to behave or believe in such fashion...

Which therefore makes such en devours of peace, very hard to conceive..

edit on 30-3-2012 by Obl1vion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlucchese

I don't hate rich people, and good for those who worked hard to get to where they are. What I take issue with is how some wealthy people treat others who are not, by talking down to others, treating people like they are not as worthy, and simply looking at people down their nose. Please don't tell me it doesn't happen, because I've experienced most of my life.

I also don't like how *some* rich people think everyone in the world can make money just like they did, or that people who are poor are lazy. They are out of touch with reality because they go home every night to their nice houses and cars, and fancy expensive things and don't understand why others do not.

I too, have worked for everything I have, and while I may not have much, it is mine and it is all that I need. I never grew up with an overwhelming need or desire to own a Mc Mansion, work in some corporate office, or own a company. With my degree, I'll do best to serve and help others, not to step on others to get somewhere higher up. That's just me. I don't play the game.

I will be extremely satisfied with a life that is simple, with simple things. You see, I understand that I came into this world empty handed, and that I won't be leaving it with a bunch of things I've collected over the years.

It would be good for wealthy folks to also understand that not everyone in the world desires to live as they do. Some are very weatlhy in other ways, and rich in their hearts and lives without big bank accounts and Mc Mansions.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Starchildren because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlucchese

If it weren't for us "evil rich" people - who would hold these fundraisers?

I tell you what....you folks here get a bunch of your "poor full of morals and virtue" friends together and I'll get some of my " evil rich " friends together. Lets go to one of these foundations and see which group the appriecate more...me and my friends who can donate $200,000 + to help pay for everything that supports these organizations or you and your "moral full of virtue people" with ....what was it you had to offer them?

Then we can have a discussion about how " us evil rich people " are destroying the world.

YOU MAKE ME SICK.

See, this is why poor people hate you. You come in here to brag and try to make yourself seem more important than them. If it wasn't for poor people you wouldn't get to feel good giving money to people that need it. Or do you just do it to say you did to impress your evil rich friends or women?

"Evil rich people" aren't destroying the world its the hate between the rich and poor which was probably created by the super rich to make you more disconnected to poor people, looks like its working.

edit: I'm not poor and I don't hate anyone, poor or rich. I have been working for myself, online, since I was 17. No hand outs, 100% self made. I'm 24 now and will never look back, someday employing people just like you do but I will never let myself think I'm any better than them or do things with large amounts of money to inflate my ego and impress people just so I can flame poor people. Already lost too many friends that way too early on, lessons learned.

Why aren't you helping your community directly anyway? Why go through organizations that take a cut? You should be making friends with everyone, poor or rich and helping them any way you can, no, not JUST FINANCIALLY. You hold wisdom, the key for them to escape. Inspire them. No need to let other people do it for you. Imagine if all the rich people did that? The world would be a much better place I can guarantee that.

edit on 30-3-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I'm far from ignorant and I have a college education too.
Thanks for the personal attack.
Perhaps I was overly broad typing on this stupid tiny little keyboard that's too far from an access point, trying to get a post in by simply stating rich and not being more specific.

I was referring to wallstreet. Not you. You took that personally for some reason.
It's just my experience. I know several people that are multimillionaires. Every single one of them did work their butts off- but everyone of them has told me about their early days growing pot, selling coke, getting paid under the table- I'm thinking of 6 multimillionaires that have been self-made that have all told me personally, how they got their initial money to start themselves off.

I do know one other, who's family set them up initially.

But my point is, people that already have little are absolutely nickle and dimed to death these days.

Say you have nothing. Maybe a 20k a year income and a huge student debt. Go start a business on that these days.

Times have changed so much. 25 years ago is not like today. Not at all. There are so many government regulations these days....and 25 years ago I remember a time when my father's business was experiencing short cash flow. His banker gave him a loan on some old junk cars that HE KNEW were junk. It got him through and then business soared. Try that these days though.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
All this has been is a lesson in learning how we as a people have been deceived. There are of course ways to mend this, and if we cant do it as individuals, we can never do it as a collective.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

If that were true then tell me why when Aborigines get free healthcare, free education, free housing, pay no tax, and recieve free handouts, why do they still represent the highest crime statistic?
I don't get any of those benefits, but my race group has one of the lowest percentages in the country.
So why? It seems race DOES have something to do with it, or else you could explain the above. Thankyou.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Maybe you should reread what was written. This wasnt about those that were well off and how they got it, but how those that have nothing, depending on circumstances which most overlook or dont care to know are treated.

You have, good for you, but thats not what this is about.

Peace, NRE.

I think he was being sarcastic as practically everyone on ATS has bashed the 1% at least once.

atleast thats what i thought lol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

I have to be honest I dont know much about the Aborigines, but I am reading about them know, and apparently there are lots of areas with Aborigines, are you asking about a particular place?

They are mostly links to Australia, but if I dont know where your talking about I cant really answer your question.

BTW, not that it is a guarantee that I can answer, but I will do my research.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You said its getting harder to show people love. Do YOUR part, next time you hear some one judging some one explain or remind them with logic. They do not know why that person is homeless, they do not know why that person is addicted to drugs so they have no right to judge some one else. If they cant see that logic then they are lost.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlucchese
Every year we hold fundraisers for;

The Juvenile Diabeties fund
The American Cancer Society
St. Judes foundation
Coley's Anemia foundation.

If it weren't for us "evil rich" people - who would hold these fundraisers?

I tell you what....you folks here get a bunch of your "poor full of morals and virtue" friends together and I'll get some of my " evil rich " friends together. Lets go to one of these foundations and see which group the appriecate more...me and my friends who can donate $200,000 + to help pay for everything that supports these organizations or you and your "moral full of virtue people" with ....what was it you had to offer them?

Then we can have a discussion about how " us evil rich people " are destroying the world.

YOU MAKE ME SICK.

Which *group*=yours or theirs, rich or poor, you & your friends or us and our friends. better or ........, and we make *you* sick?? How humble.
You either missed the point, or you made the point more clear. But one thing is for certain.. morals and virtue can't be bought.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by Jace26

I have to be honest I dont know much about the Aborigines, but I am reading about them know, and apparently there are lots of areas with Aborigines, are you asking about a particular place?

They are mostly links to Australia, but if I dont know where your talking about I cant really answer your question.

BTW, not that it is a guarantee that I can answer, but I will do my research.

Peace, NRE.

Actually there aren't many Aborigines at all, most live near the cities with a few isolated communities in rural areas. I am talking about Australia btw.

But they have the highest incarceration rate in the country somewhere like 35+% when they only represent something like 2% of the total population.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

From what I have been reading since reading your first post, there are tons of crimes.... mostly amongst themselves and other Aborigines. Some of what I am reading is very disturbing within their communities as well.

As far as getting more assistance, there seems to be a problem with the term "Aborigine" and who qualifies for such title, and benefits. There seems to be a very a large amount of people that are making claims, which are not checked in order to get benefits, and no one seems to care, or mind the over-looking.

Here are just a few articles that I have found so far.

The Aboriginal road to perdition

The Queensland Domestic Violence Taskforce has estimated that 90 per cent of Aboriginal families are affected by violence. The taskforce said Aboriginal women were 45 times more likely than non-Aboriginal women to victims of violence.

www.australian-news.com.au...

Non-disclosure of violence in Australian Indigenous communities

Violent crime statistics drawn from police data do not show the large amount of violent crime and victimisation that is never disclosed to police. Within this ‘dark figure of crime’ are human experiences that can leave victims without help and support, perpetrators not coming to justice and cycles of violence continuing unbroken. This paper explores some of the reasons for the high rates of non-disclosure of violence in Indigenous communities. It begins by examining reasons for non-disclosure in the broader Australian community before discussing how factors specific to Indigenous Australians influence individual decisions to disclose violence. As well as using Australian and international literature to build an understanding of why people choose not to disclose, the paper uses scenarios developed by the Australian Crime Commission from their work with Indigenous communities to illustrate the circumstances in which these choices are made. The paper concludes by considering ways of encouraging disclosure through services, training and education and community responses. It emphasises the need to locate these within broader efforts to address the cycles of intergenerational violence that can so heavily impact the lives of Indigenous Australians.

www.aic.gov.au...

I am still looking for the article (I lost a few minutes ago) that stated that there was a huge fraud going on with the actual Aboriginal people (Higher Ups) and their greed, as well as those that have about 1% Aborigine in them and they still get full benefits.

Ill be back, NRE.

Ok, apparently there are some holes in the definition and that is why so many are actually able to take advantage of the system (mostly NON Aboriginal):

The 'working' definition is still used today, and is stated as follows:

• That a an Aboriginal person is descended from Aborigines;
• That the person identifies as being Aboriginal; and
• That the person is accepted as being Aboriginal by the community.

I do not want to derail my own thread, so I will leave the above as is. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention, as I was unaware of it before.

edit on 30-3-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: to add, and now continue with the thread as intended

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yes it is quite shocking, which is why I brought it up.
Also be aware that "Aborigine" is not a race, but more of a cultural identity. Thats why there are black, brown, white and even asian Aborigines.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I call BS on this thread. BULL CACA.

Rich people commit just as many crimes as poor people - they just commit different crimes, and steal money, other goods in different ways.

We don't hear about this as often because the news media likes to sensationalize the negative news to their target audience - the poor and middle class people. this means they report the news about the people in their communities these poor and middle class people can relate to most - the poor and middle class criminals.

There is that, plus there is the fact the money, greed and power can go a long way to suppress a news story of the upper class criminal organizations.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug

See, this is why poor people hate you.
Not all poor people, nonetheless thank you for more evidence that love has conditions and standards. So many fluffs believe that you can still love someone and emotionally or physically abuse them. Love is not unconditional folks.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: typo and to add

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
I too, have worked for everything I have, and while I may not have much, it is mine and it is all that I need. I never grew up with an overwhelming need or desire to own a Mc Mansion, work in some corporate office, or own a company. With my degree, I'll do best to serve and help others, not to step on others to get somewhere higher up. That's just me. I don't play the game...

...Some are very wealthy in other ways, and rich in their hearts and lives without big bank accounts and Mc Mansions.

I loved your post, you win at life.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I read your post with extreme interest. I found nothing in your post bashing the rich. You stated, What I feel accurately, That this is being reframed in terms of class. The recession of 2008 has a lot to do with that, In which people's savings have been wiped out completely, People's houses have been forclosed on and loss of jobs. This put people who were in the middle class into the lower class.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
]reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Very good work OP!
I really do not lay the problems in our society to poverty.
Many people I have known were very,very poor, but they were not "problem people".
The problem is "racial" when a gang of "party rioters" goes awildin.
Remember the last riot in la? You saw people dragged from thiere vehicle and beaten.
Reginald Denny probably was not a racist.
Remember, the corner of Florence and Normandy?
You cannot blame the victims, nor excuse the hoodlums.
Poverty had nothing to do with it, it was wilding, that is something blacks are unable to control.
Part of the problem is genetic, part of it is socialization.
I know black folks who are professional people, and as friends, we agree that for all the friendship and love, we ARE NOT the same.
If you doubt that sophisticated black folks on YouTube will help explain. Start with Muhamad Ali, he does not hate Whites, Mexicicans, nor Asians, but he acknowledges the fact that we are not the same, living together isn't a real possibility.
Our culture cannot long stand as things are now unfolding.
We have kind hearts, but they are blind; to some people who think the problem is only skin deep.
It would be nice to buy the world a coke and we could all sit around singing the kumbiya.
You must understand that there are dangerous animalistic people on the prowl for easy pickings.
You should become familiar that some very dangerous animals await your wrong turn.
You know where hate lives, and you will not walk through it.
Because you are seen as prey and amusement, and you know it.
Study up on black on white crime.
See what is done to victims that you never heard about, you will be amazed that any "human" could do these things.
You needn't be a racist to face racial reality.
Educate yourself, deny ignorance.
Giving everbody a big hug is out of the question.
I know many will scream RACIST over the links I post, but these sites report black crime and social restructuring.
Enjoy:
www.newnation.org... Agrigator--not sensitive
www.chimpout.com--news... and forums---very radical.
www.davidduke.com... gives lectures, lectures which reveal societal truths

www.examiner.com...
www.examiner.com...
edit on 31-3-2012 by Luminaught because: new keyboard...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join