It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If only the American media gave Ron Paul the same attention as RT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemFailure1994

I know all four candidates have stated they are in it until the convention...

I'm not sure this has any validity at all, but just a thought...

During the various debates I saw some of the other candidates acknowledging Paul's ideas and giving him a positive nod. For them it would be political suicide to agree too heartily with Paul, but despite their profession I am inclined to think some of them may have some heart left and some Spirit of 1776 still pumping through their blood. They just may want to see a candidate like Paul have a shot at restoring American values.

I believe Romney is in it to win if he can. Newt can take much of the South and Santorum the Bible Belt, not enough clout to win full-on but enough to stop a sweep by Romney and lead to a brokered convention where the likes of Paul actually has a chance at the nomination.There have been mentions of Santorum teaming with Paul in campaign strategy to keep Romney from attaining majority of delegates. Newt seems to actually be friendly and even admiring of Paul in those debates. Is it possible they actually want to see Paul win this?

edit on 1-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's probably just that many of Paul's policies are simply too sensible to ignore or discredit, and that he himself is a pleasant, reasonable person. Each of the candidates in their own way seem to respect Paul, though of course they disagree on many of the major issues.

I don't like using the word as it seems to give off the wrong vibes these days, but just to mention the whole 'conspiracy' aspect of this - Romney, Gingrich and Santorum are not going to have a full understanding of the darkest depths of the US political system; the workings of the military-industrial complex, high-profile assasinations, the true foreign policy agenda etc. They are too small a part in all this to be given any real insight into how things really work; the things people speculate on all the time on this site. They, for the time being, are probably only slightly more aware than the average 'sheeple' you meet everyday on the street, though they are somewhat influential in mainstream US politics.

The point i'm trying to make is that they probably see Paul as an innocent maverick; a bit of a child in a grown-ups world if you will. In their hearts they know he is right on a lot of things, but they also understand they have to play the game to get anywhere. Paul won't play the game and is thus made to seem an outsider.

Here lies my main problem with the man though. The pessimistic, paranoid side of me says: 'what if Paul is just the controlled opposition?'. He justs seems too genuine, too honest to have reached that high on the political stage. Would he have not been 'taken care of' before now if he was the real deal?

I by no means agree with everything Paul says, I think he's wrong on abortion, immigration and the seperation of church and state amongst other things, but he is certainly the best of a bad bunch. Also, if he if he really is not just a puppet like the rest of them, then he has a higher degree of understanding and integrety than any other modern politician I have seen reach that level, and deserves our support.

I'm actually British so I have no real physical input to make on this, but I do think we all have a stake in the outcome of the 2012 election and I am doing my best to follow it through a wide-spectrum of news sources. I just cant help but thinking that its all a game, and though I hope Paul is genuine, and that the others secretly support what he says, I don't want to be too naive about all this.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I honestly think Paul gets way more coverage then any other bottom feeder in any past election ever.

I know YOU certainly give Paul a heck of a lot of coverage. Perhaps more than he deserves?

edit on 1-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join