It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced marriage: Girl aged five among 400 minors helped

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

Listen, we just need to outlaw certain things in Society which will put a stop to this kind of thing.... if its a religion causing it, then that religion or parts of it must be outlawed.... if its a group of people, then that group must be outlawed!!!

Its quite simple really.... we just need people with balls to go out their and do it!!

If i was in charge of one of the Political Parties, this would be top of my Agenda!!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
as a bar man
I would say fully one third of the women that I have had "spill it"
say they were molested as children by a relative or close friend of the family.

this isn't a cultural problem I don't think

Agree. This is about human nature.

Don't expect it to change. Humans have never evolved in the entire history of the planet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk

Seeing news like this makes me sad. I find it really hard for a so-called loving family to give there five year old daughter to a MAN. This is disgusting and the family in question should be so ashamed.

I agree...It also says a lot about the "man" who actually wants to take a 5 year old girl as his wife...Something wrong with both the girls family as well as this man, I think.

It's just gross and wrong...

I am normally an advocate for understanding of the Muslim culture, Hoping that they can live their lives in peace with out fear of discrimination...But this is one thing I can never support. No matter the religion, culture or what have you...If anyone wants to marry a little girl, I just cannot get behind that.

She is a little girl and will be for many years! Forced into a very adult contract...Marriage...

This is just one of many children who will not have the chance to be a child. Because they were forced by adults into something that strips their childhood away.

It's sad. Wrong. Heartbreaking.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan

Originally posted by Danbones
as a bar man
I would say fully one third of the women that I have had "spill it"
say they were molested as children by a relative or close friend of the family.

this isn't a cultural problem I don't think

Agree. This is about human nature.

Don't expect it to change. Humans have never evolved in the entire history of the planet.

It's not human nature to force children into marriage. That is something that a small percentage of people do because their little society raised them to think it is okay... If it were human nature, every human would do it. instinctively.But they don't. Most find such a thing disgusting....

It is human nature to PROTECT our children from harm...Not to push them into it....

And while one could argue with you about how much humans have evolved, I can tell you, Society HAS evolved... A lot. It has been and is still evolving in a way that find such things more and more disgusting...

Even the younger generations from the cultures that allow this are finding it gross...

It's not human nature...At all. Just an old, outdated, perverted way of thinking that has never been accepted by mankind as a whole...If it were...THEN maybe we could talk about human nature...

But it's not.

Off to other threads. Peace and love.
edit on 30-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Im not willing to play games and tiptoe around primitve things that must be outlawed from this planet.

This should have been dealt with years ago. They better darn get on the program ASAP. I don't here one more ugly story like this. Our elected servants are the most inapt beigns imaginable, and this has to end permantly on this planet in every nation.

I agree completely! This makes me sick that children are being violated. There is no excuse for this and it is unacceptbale.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join