It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced marriage: Girl aged five among 400 minors helped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk

A five-year-old girl is thought to have become the UK's youngest victim of forced marriage.
She was one of 400 children to receive assistance from the government's Forced Marriage Unit in the last year.

But the case comes as no surprise to the Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation (IKWRO), which deals with more than 100 cases of forced marriage a year. S
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I want to clearly state, I'm not bashing Muslims.

Seeing news like this makes me sad. I find it really hard for a so-called loving family to give there five year old daughter to a MAN. This is disgusting and the family in question should be so ashamed.

The UK police should jail the parents and the husband of the child for being a pedo. Its clear that he is. What else can I say apart from I am shocked. There a few other things, I'd like to say but i would be branded anti-muslim or something.

I never seen this posted. If so please remove. Thank you.

Anyways. A story like this should open everyone's eyes,
(this is not right ) on so many levels.

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We find it horrendous, Muslims don't. It is a clash of (Religions? Civilizations?). The question is, do we do anything about it? If a country has a majority Muslim population which believes in forced marriages, and if laws are passed by majority vote, then the law will allow forced marriages.

And if this is so shocking that we decide to do something about it, what can be done?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well it is already illegal to force a marriage. Shot gun marriages were never considered legal and are null and voided, no divorce necessary. And all these countries have ages of consent.

So don't know why they're pretending they're only considering this a crime now. Like they think all the educated people who used to read the papers and knew something are dead or not paying attention and the young know nothing.

This practice infuriates me. I don't bash individual people or races, but ideologies even if they are linked to religions that permit or enforce things, and theocracies, they're not spared, this is massive abuse against humanity, women and children. Its even abuse against men to bend them out shape and turn them into patriarchal primitives and coddle them and let them do what they want.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yeah. This world needs some international laws that protect all people and while we don't bombs and wars we need swift police action done by all the countries to enforce those rights, and protect the citizens and restructure criminal systems. We really do need to live in a good upgraded world that is uniformally so.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

I dont know how somebody could get plsure from a five year old girl how old was the guy do u know were u sure they were muslum to

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Im not willing to play games and tiptoe around primitve things that must be outlawed from this planet.

This should have been dealt with years ago. They better darn get on the program ASAP. I don't here one more ugly story like this. Our elected servants are the most inapt beigns imaginable, and this has to end permantly on this planet in every nation.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zrob459

I dont know how somebody could get plsure from a five year old girl how old was the guy do u know were u sure they were muslum to

Every year hundreds of young people are at risk of being taken abroad, by their parents and forced to marry against their will.
The majority of cases involve families from South Asia, particularly Pakistan, India and Bangladesh.
Forced marriages can involve kidnapping, beatings and rape.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
as a bar man
I would say fully one third of the women that I have had "spill it"
say they were molested as children by a relative or close friend of the family.

this isn't a cultural problem I don't think

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I agree with u pepole need to march in the street and save these children last year a 15 year old girl was rapped and murderd in my home town by 3 guys becuse she didnt want to sell her self on the streets and when she tried to go back to her grand parents house they tied her up and shot her in the head and threw her in a dumpste
edit on 29-3-2012 by Zrob459 because: No reson

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I fail to understand... why exactly does the UK allow that kind of garbage to immigrate to their country?

Edit to add: Not immigrants in general.. just asshats who force their preteen daughters into marriages.
edit on 3/30/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk

www.bbc.co.uk

A five-year-old girl is thought to have become the UK's youngest victim of forced marriage.
She was one of 400 children to receive assistance from the government's Forced Marriage Unit in the last year.

But the case comes as no surprise to the Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation (IKWRO), which deals with more than 100 cases of forced marriage a year. S

Muhammad's favorite wife, Aisha, was six year old when he spotted her in 620 AD/CE. Muhammad was 50 years old. Aisha was betrothed to a 50 yr old Muhammad when she was 6 yrs old.
She was 9 yrs old when he married her.

Muslims consider Muhammad to be a role model. Anything Muhammad did was okay.

Muhammad was not a genuine spiritual teacher, in my book. He was primarily a politician.

One of the first things Muslims do when they take over a government is to make it illegal to criticize either Muhammad or the Qur'an. Punishment for criticizing either can range from fines & imprisonment to death.

Why do you think they make it illegal to criticize Muhammad or his Qur'an?

Because in an open society where people are not afraid to speak their minds, Muhammad & his Qur'an would be shredded to pieces. They have to make it illegal to maintain their power.

Islam is a primitive "totalitarian political system disguised as a religion" that was born in the Dark Ages. Islam does not foster independent thought or social progress.

Females were considered property in Muhammad's lifetime (570 to 632 AD/CE). Things have not changed much in most Islamic countries.

A Muslim man is allowed only four wives at one time. But divorce is easy for a Muslim man.
In Muhammad's day, a Muslim man was allowed as many slave girls as he could afford to buy -- he could buy or sell them at will, he could also pimp them (turn them into prostitutes) -- slave girls were in a slightly different category from wives.

Muhammad, being the "Prophet" allowed himself as many wives as he wanted. Only his followers were limited to four wives at the same time.

People are so afraid of the "Political Correctness Police" they will not call a spade a spade.

edit on 30-3-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
You are right not to bash muslims, because this certainly isn't a muslim-exclusive thing. As the article mentions, such things happen among hindus and sikhs in India, and christian and indigenous religion and christian people in Africa as well. It probably has more to do with education.

And rightly so, it totally should be banned, and such people given the appropriate punishment. Turning this into an "immigrant" issue might not be the most appropriate thing, considering that even the countries these people came from don't allow marriage before something like 16 (or at the very least, until puberty).

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Not being funny, but their religious laws and beliefs shouldn't over-ride the country's laws that they're are in residence of.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Let's not forget that when Mary conceived Jesus she was approx. 13-16yrd old which make her conceiver a pedophile too and as the legends go she was conceived by Jesus himself which makes it incest and pedophilia. I dont know why are you only targeting Muslims in your post when recent records show the most active pedophilia group is the Church in the current times. If you would've included all these groups in your post it would've been fair but just including one sect sounds like you have bias towards this subject. By an chance do you hold grudge against Muslims or is it just racial biasness and profiling?

The history shows the Romans had 13-16 yr old boys in their sex club but strange you didn't included them either and not to mention the recent sting operation which was conducted in Australia, Sweden, Uk etc which busted pedophilia network. Now that is a western country full of Christians..I just wonder why you overlook the recent trend of Christian countries and Christian Church over 500 yrs old history? Is that because you are a bigot or just just biasness?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is an issue of culture, not religion.

Much like many of the issues that are brought up on here.....

Women's rights, Forced marriage...all of these kinds of things are cultural.... not religious, not Muslim problems.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sad ... i cant find the words to type out what im thinking. I do realize its their religion and customs but common, aged five !!!, from what angle should i approach this topic. The fact that at that age the female body hasn't even developed and here we are or some of us who live in the western world are called infidels. Well id rather be branded as an infidel than be related to a nation that in my opinion promotes this barbaric act as any other form of description would most likely lead to me being banned. Enough said on this topic by me.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Also while we are in the topic let's not forget the religious ceremony in Judaism where the Jewish priest suck the penis of infants after they have been circumcised named as Bar Mitzhah. If that is not pedophilia hiding behind current day religion and culture I don't know what is to fulfill their pedophilia needs. I;m surprised that an activist like you with such a detailed knowledge of history didn't include this.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
This is an issue of culture, not religion.

Much like many of the issues that are brought up on here.....

Women's rights, Forced marriage...all of these kinds of things are cultural.... not religious, not Muslim problems.

You have no idea. "Islam" has forcefully intertwined itself with the culture in certain parts of the world. Ever met a secular Muslim? How many? And how many of those actually read the Quran?

There are Iranian and Kurdish cultures. Then there are Muslim(also other religions) Iranian and Kurdish cultures. They're very different from each other in the sense that the first two do not base their lifestyles on one book.

Strict Iranian Muslim families tend to be culturally backward, as you can read from the article.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

You're trying to minimize the struggle these women have to go through...with things that happened hundreds/thousands of years ago or stuff that's out of context.

Why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join