It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott oil on April 15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This boycott is all over my Facebook right now. Personally, I think we should do this twice a month, every month. Regardless, one day of sticking it to big oil is a day worth living.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Currently, for every $6 the oil companies make in after-tax profit the government gets $10 in various taxes. It will cost the government more than it costs the oil companies.

How will the government make up for the missing tax revenue? Open your wallet.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Will do, it'll save me money for my 4/20 supplies.

Eta: I love the op's photo, Haha.
edit on 29-3-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If the purpose is to boycott the ones responsible for driving up our gas prices we should be boycotting Israel.

Its off all their sabre rattling against Iran that allows speculators to drive up oil prices citing their favorite boogie man "tensions in the Middle East".

If President Obama really wanted to push down oil prices, his best move would be to take the military option against Iran off the table. Of course that would never happen, his puppet master wouldn't allow it and the Republicans would have a hissy fit.

ETA: who wants to bet the oil companies make record profits on April 14th when everyone fills up their tanks so they can boycott the next day.

edit on 3/29/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

If the purpose is to boycott the ones responsible for driving up our gas prices we should be boycotting Israel.

Its off all their sabre rattling against Iran that allows speculators to drive up oil prices citing their favorite boogie man "tensions in the Middle East".

If President Obama really wanted to push down oil prices, his best move would be to take the military option against Iran off the table. Of course that would never happen, his puppet master wouldn't allow it and the Republicans would have a hissy fit.

ETA: who wants to bet the oil companies make record profits on April 14th when everyone fills up their tanks so they can boycott the next day.

edit on 3/29/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
Will do, it'll save me money for my 4/20 supplies.

Eta: I love the op's photo, Haha.
edit on 29-3-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

I heard that. My favorite holiday LOL. May end up being a good day to bowl as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't see how that works
urbanlegends.about.com...

the boycott is ill-conceived. Whether the total impact on revenue was a half-billion, 3 billion, or 10 billion dollars, the sales lost due to a one-day consumer boycott wouldn't dent the oil companies' profits at all. Think about it. Every driver who refuses to buy gas on Sunday is still going to have to refill their tank on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, making up for Sunday's lost sales. Industry profits for the month as a whole, if not the week, will end up being normal, or very close to it.

An effectual gas boycott would require participants to actually consume less fuel — and to do so in a sustained, organized, disciplined fashion over a defined period of time — not just skip a day before filling up as usual.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Around in my neck of the woods it works perfectly. New gas comes in on Mondays and it is set at a cheaper rate than it was on Sunday. I do; however, believe that this would be a better idea on a Friday as gas is at its highest rate on that day. You are correct, consuming less gas is the only real solution. I don't think you could ever get enough people to do that though. The boycott is the best idea that we have at the moment. Remember, Americans aren't exactly known for much effort into important issues. Unless it's time to vote for our favorite contestant on American Idol.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

And with tax revenues down oil prices going up will add to the government making even more money.

'
As for a boycott.. I live 30 miles from where I work. Something tells me that's going to be a very long uphill bike ride.
edit on 3/29/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
For crying outloud wanna boycott something boycott the current fearless leader who printed over 2 trllion dollars in the last 3 years.

That has a lot to do with gas prices and every other price on goods.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Doin that too.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

How about boycotting our effing taxes. Sick of this bullsh*t.

top topics

join