It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ATS pages are getting hijacked!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just got re-directed about 2 minutes ago and sent me to the same heavy dot com page! I am running another virus scan but I don't think it's me since it only happens on ATS page. Weird!
edit on 14-4-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I just got redirected to heavy again.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
it only happens when visiting ATS.

and it happens on desktop and mobile devices.

if anything, its an advertising client that is using nefarious pop-under scripts.

Google: Heavy.com Scandal

the owner of heavy.com has been at this for quite some time.

knowing this, one would think ATS owners would block this advertisement from doing its nasty deeds on our computers.
edit on 14-4-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: grammar police might arrest me!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yea man, Macs can't get viruses

but then nor would Windows if people knew how to properly operate them.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just a question...

Does being redirected to Heavy.com even affects our computer in any way in one way or another? I've ran a virus scan and anti-rootkit scan which tells me my laptop is perfectly clean and is also running fine. Since scanning my laptop I have yet to run into that Heavy.com link but if I do I will be sure to report back here.

IMO, I think the link is pretty harmless but I could be wrong. But it really doesn't seem to be doing anything except popping up at random times on ATS after clicking a link. It's not always the same link, it's just different links. One minute you click a link and it will redirect you, close that stupid pop up and if you're lucky you won't see that popup for another 10 hours or more.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
April 14th, 3:39 pm local time. It just went to Heavy.com. This is the only site that redirects. Is this going to be fixed soon? I don't mind an ad for it, but seriously? You don't want us coming to this site? You want us to go to Heavy.com??

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebryman
reply to post by violet

My PC desk top and my Apple Ipad Safari both been hit when on ATS. So much for that logic.
brice

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice

Originally posted by thebryman
reply to post by violet

My PC desk top and my Apple Ipad Safari both been hit when on ATS. So much for that logic.
brice

lol you really should have clicked his link

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Sorry......I should have clicked your link, me bad.

brice
edit on 15-4-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Sorry, I got tied up and forgot to post this a couple days ago...

I reached out to our ad sales agency when I saw this thread, they found an ad they suspected was the cause and removed it from our rotation on Wednesday. Is this happening again?

Has anyone been redirected since Wednesday? If so I need to talk to them again.

Springer...

I think you better talk to them again Springer, as this is still happening to me. Just happened a few mins ago.
My machines are all clean of virus's so its not my machines.
And it only happens on ATS!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I haven't had it redirect yet today, but yesterday once, the day before once.

It seems to be a once a day thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Still there. Just got hijacked.

It's less irritating when you have more than a couple of ATS tabs open, so you don't have as far to go, to find your way back to what you were reading.

Then just quickly close those rogue tabs before being talked into homemade bungee jumping.......

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Get rid of avg it is a worthless firewall , password protect your fire wall, use a non administrater account to surf the web . Harder to make a mistake .Remember I f you click it you got it . 99.99% of all problems you are the one who let it in. Burn down your computer if you are in doubt with a goverment wipe. pop ups are about 75% pure malware , updates are malware , you go too a trusted website then update , dont use some malware pop up you receiveed on your screen. Flash player is a good example,

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockinground
Get rid of avg it is a worthless firewall , password protect your fire wall, use a non administrater account to surf the web . Harder to make a mistake .Remember I f you click it you got it . 99.99% of all problems you are the one who let it in. Burn down your computer if you are in doubt with a goverment wipe. pop ups are about 75% pure malware , updates are malware , you go too a trusted website then update , dont use some malware pop up you receiveed on your screen. Flash player is a good example,

This is an ad though, it's not a virus.
Also, you don't need to ever click on this ad, the moment the page refreshes - it's usually on the firehose page - the ad takes the page away. I often have the firehose page stay open, and just ctrl-click to get the threads open on another page for whatever thread I want to read, and then the firehose page in the background gets redirected, when the ad does its round on the constantly refreshing firehose page.

Even after removing the problem ad from the cookie file, it still gets us again.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

may be a long shot but have you tried temporarily disabling flash in the browser/ tools/manage add-ons/toolbars and extensions/ flash /disable to see if it is connected in any way?
since disabling flash and only enabling when needed, i have found no issues whatsoever with re-directs/hijacks.

hope it helps
regards fakedirt.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

I just close the redirect and it's popup before I get talked into bungee jumping

I close it so fast, I'm not even sure what the ad is really about, but homemade bungees just don't sound safe ....

I usually have so many page tabs open it doesn't matter anymore.
Eventually, the ad will get taken down.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Im just got "jacked" again by the same site 1 minute ago. Supreme Overlord, when are gonna get this mess cleaned up?
brice

edit on 18-4-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

ETA: Since it started on ipad I doubt trojans. I'm using safari browser on that and firefox on pc.
The issue is with ATS in my opinion. If I tap any blank area on ipad to scroll or just scrolling page on pc, it goes to heavy site

edit on 3-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Warning to who ever it may concern... I keep getting IPAD competition pop up tabs appearing when I'm on ATS.

I will trace the script and the trigger and abliterate the appropriate websites there in if it continues
You have been warned

edit on 30-11-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

Further investigation has lead me to 2 Apple
Ipay/d executables in my programme list... Apple Mobile, Apple Support... Not sure which one but I deleted both.... Problem solved no pop-ups. I didn't install them so next I'm going to find out at what point they were added and from where, the culprit will be dealt with.

edit on 30-11-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Good luck.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join