It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fracking Disaster in Susquehanna Pa.

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Explosion at natural gas compressor station

It seems the only people wanting the fracking mess are the ones directly paid to tolerate it. The neighbors are being told their poision water is safe, the fumes don't matter and the black smoke is no big deal.

I happen to think water is a "Sacred Thing", necessary for life. And yea, oil companies want to get into the water business too. when you can't drill a well... and water prices have trippled here in the last year... there's money to make in poisoning the aquifers and natural foods. Raw milk? OMG. What a "fracking mess".




posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I thought drilling was safe? They claim all the technology is updated and so much safer than it used to be, I guess not.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328
 

Hey, that's right! Fracking is supposed to be safe. GMO food is supposed to be healthful. Chemtrails are just harmless vapor. Fluoride is good for you.

Raw milk and vegetables!? Ptah! Horrible! How could anyone tolerate that? And how many innocent CHILDREN have died? It's heinous!



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm (still) confused. Why is this a fracking disaster? There is nothing in the article that indicates the explosion was at the fracking site, or caused by fracking chemicals or equipment. The article says a natural gas compressor sprung a leak and the natural gas exploded.

If anything, this points out a weakness of natural gas. The "common wisdom" says that NG is supposed to be the clean fuel that serves as a bridge between oil and whatever comes next. Is the purpose of this thread to question natural gas? It doesn't present any evidence that fracking is the problem.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Not surprising considering the thread yesterday about doctors in pa not being allowed to inform their patients about what may be ailing them if it has to do with these cracking companies or the chemicals they use. I wouldn't be surprised if someone went out there for a little retribution, disgusting corporate fiends don't even qualify as human in my mind. Mindless workers, well they're mindless workers they don't care who pays them or how their jobs affect their environment, just as bad.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
A natural gas compressor station has nothing to do with frac-ing. At least read the link before jumping on a band waggon.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952
 


Actually it points out a weakness in employment, should have been managed properly and maintained properly. Either someone put it together wrong, or the buisness didn't want to pay for repairs and maintainence.

Eta: or terrorism, terrorist being anyone who may bring terror in any form to another individual or entity.
edit on 29-3-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Monteriano
 


I don't kno who u were refering to jumping on a wagon but I'm going to assume it was me and say I didnt jump on any wagon, I made a suggestion that is plausible. One who wants retribution for the destruction of their environment does not necessarily kno the difference between the facility that pulls the gas out of the ground and the facility that compresses it into tanks for transportation.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm
 


One who wants retribution for the destruction of their environment does not necessarily kno the difference between the facility that pulls the gas out of the ground and the facility that compresses it into tanks for transportation.

If one doesn't know that difference, then they obviously can't know the difference between fracking and ice cream either.

As has been mentioned earlier, that article has nothing to do with fracking. It's about a compressor that is used to pump natural gas through a pipeline. They have been in use for many, many, years. Gasoline is pumped through pipelines as well, and for just as long.

See ya,
Milt



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
By the way, OP: Have you read this?

AboveTopSecret.com: PENNSYLVANIA LAW Forces Doctors to HIDE what makes some of their patients sick!


Yes. And some of my friends are suffering strange things. They feel poisoned and lied too. Unless they own over 100 acres, then they're either stupidly happy or don't want to talk about fracking pollution.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm (still) confused. Why is this a fracking disaster? There is nothing in the article that indicates the explosion was at the fracking site, or caused by fracking chemicals or equipment. The article says a natural gas compressor sprung a leak and the natural gas exploded.

If anything, this points out a weakness of natural gas. The "common wisdom" says that NG is supposed to be the clean fuel that serves as a bridge between oil and whatever comes next. Is the purpose of this thread to question natural gas? It doesn't present any evidence that fracking is the problem.


The Fracking Disaster is the water is poisoned in the whole area. Google Susquehanna fracking (eg: this)and you'll get the picture. I'm from the Binghamton area and the "franking whores" are street-walking to help pay for real the high class ____'ers.

It hurts seeing the land I grew up walking on, hunting, fishing, biking,... becoming desolate and poison. They can't even raise a cow there any more... the oil company's "water-pigs" don't bring that much water and if you don't own the fracking land then your cows are dead. Oh, well not immediately... before they die they can be sold for slaughter... no matter how sick they are... they're coming to a supermarket near you! But hay eat your meat, and drink your milk... you can't have it raw but you can get it after the nutrition is bioled off of the oil residue.

Anyone notice the sliminess in their water yet? Want to buy some? Well you're not even allowed to collect rain water legally... collect too much and you'll pay the man.

When the came for the cows nobody cared, when they came for the sheep nobody cared, when they came for us fat dumb and blind people... who fracken cares?

I do.

+Look out Baltimore, Washington, Harrisburg, Binghamton, Towanda, ... NYC is next... they want the Hudson too.
edit on 3/30/2012 by reitze because: link, and +



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monteriano
A natural gas compressor station has nothing to do with frac-ing. At least read the link before jumping on a band waggon.


Sure it does. There would't be an explosion in town if there weren't FRACKING GAS. Pretending it's a "band waggon"? Wait till THEY wanna drink. Are they in Baltimore? FORGET ABOUT IT... the chemicals don't filter either. Its way worse the fluoride.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
reply to post by charles1952
 


Actually it points out a weakness in employment, should have been managed properly and maintained properly. Either someone put it together wrong, or the buisness didn't want to pay for repairs and maintainence.

Eta: or terrorism, terrorist being anyone who may bring terror in any form to another individual or entity.
edit on 29-3-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)


The town's people are terrorized by the big oil companies FRACKING the water. They're theives... and yea they dissapear. But unlike Cher they ain't got any honesty in their soulds. Just Gypsys Tramps And Theives... daddy woulda shot em if he knew what he'd done...




posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
reply to post by Monteriano
 


I don't kno who u were refering to jumping on a wagon but I'm going to assume it was me and say I didnt jump on any wagon, I made a suggestion that is plausible. One who wants retribution for the destruction of their environment does not necessarily kno the difference between the facility that pulls the gas out of the ground and the facility that compresses it into tanks for transportation.


It's not this little company or that one. Its the whole political manipulation. The people who live there DON'T want it. But the $ manipulates and takes... leaves a swath of destruction. But nice try deflecting blame onto some little guy.



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join