It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-Party Dictatorship: US choosing lesser evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Is the Two-Party Dictatorship under threat as a record number of Americans are registering Independent?

An estimated 40% of Americans consider themselves independent and want the 2 party system to be challenged and I say it's about time.

How can people not see how intertwined they are and that they just change seats every once in awhile to appease the voters? This would mean that the US is split right down the middle would it not? BS. There are better minds out there than just left or right.

Very interesting point in the video is that Americans love 2 team play. Basketball, Baseball, Football etc. Only problem is that although these 2 teams may be warriors on the fields and courts, they quite often have a beer afterwards. After all, they really are playing the same game, right?

Another point is Americans often vote against the side they don't like. Even if they don't necessarily like their only choice left. Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is not the way the most powerful seat in the World should be occupied IMO. This is exactly how dictatorships gain ground.

um...GO RON PAUL!

edit on 29-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately we're always just choosing the lesser evil.

The current candidates were chosen because they're not Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry.

Romney will get the nomination because he's not Santorum.

Obama will be elected because he's not Romney.

Few of us are voting FOR any of these people we're just voting AGAINST the others

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Unfortunately we're always just choosing the lesser evil.

The current candidates were chosen because they're not Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry.

Romney will get the nomination because he's not Santorum.

Obama will be elected because he's not Romney.

Few of us are voting FOR any of these people we're just voting AGAINST the others

So basically, it's really not about what the people want or need but rather what choices they are presented with and allowed to have...like it or not.

Business as usual.

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
We can still write in a vote for someone we want.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
We can still write in a vote for someone we want.

Sure, and what chance do you have with that? Even with RP being up there in the top the MSM still shunned him. Why? Because the 2 party system told them to.

Just because people have the illusion of freedom doesn't mean they are free.

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I learned a new word this week.

Dictocracy---?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Not new, but relevant.... Can't prove it but I've used it at least once.. I truly embrace that word.

Think it was on facebook..

edit on 29-3-2012 by Bobaganoosh because: yup

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
I learned a new word this week.

Dictocracy---?

I like it! Gotta get the T-Shirt.

Along with "No Room in the World for DICK-tators".

Peace

new topics

top topics

join