It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by ComeFindMe
Originally posted by OliArtist
Maybe, but I would also caution that the same attitude towards xenophobia needs to be applied to how we treat Muslims. It is very apparent, from day-to-day life here in the UK, that Muslims are not required to treat others with respect.
Is it, really? I would say issues of respect are far more of an issue for the feckless 'yoof' that have no manners (and come from all manner of backgrounds). I can't say my interactions with Muslims are any less respectful than those with non-Muslims.
Originally posted by ComeFindMe
reply to post by OliArtist
I don't EXPECT you to believe anything - and many of the criticisms you make of Islam are entirely valid - I find homophobia a perversity in itself, in this day and age. However, it is misguided to believe that this is solely a Muslim problem or that they are the reason why it is still an issue in Britain or the West in this day and age.
The extreme of any minority acts in extreme ways - this is not restricted solely to Muslims, by any means.
It seems very lazy - and dangerous - for posters here to make at best baseless and at worst racist generalisations based purely on the religion one practises.
In the space of a single decade
• Fought 8 major battles,
• Led 18 raids,
• Planned another 38 military operations where others were in command but operating under his orders and strategic direction.
HistoryNet:- "Muhammad: The Warrior Prophet"
"I was ordered to fight all men until they say 'There is no god but Allah."
Prophet Muhammad's farewell address, March 632
Yale Press:- "Islamic Imperialism"
• 97% of British Muslims stated that Western newspapers were wrong to publish the depictions of Muhammad that appeared in the Danish Press.
• 85% of British Muslims were offended by the Danish cartoons of Muhammad.
• 14% (6% refused to answer & 3% don't know) agreed that the Danish embassies should have been attacked.
• 12% of British Muslims agree with Muslim demonstrators calling for the death of those who insult Islam (1% refused to answer and 5% don't know).
• 13% agree that violence against people who insult Islam according to their Iman is justified. 1% refused to answer and 7% don't know.
• 20% of respondents have sympathy with those who carried out the London Bombings. 1% refused to answer and 4% don't know.
Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by BO XIAN
You need to separate the Muslims, from the Islamic Extremists and the Sharia Law bunch. Muslims are not the problem, but I agree fully the small percentage who are a problem are likely the ones causing the issues.
I have quite a few Muslim acquaintances here and none of them are into the radical aspects of the Muslim Faith. They came here to get away from them in fact.
Originally posted by ImaMuslim
I think that atheists like you should be eradicated because you don't even have the dignity to serve your on purpose. You think life is meaningless and not worth living for. Then why don't you go shoot yourself to see where you end up, and if you realize you're somewhere, call us with a phone and tell us the truth. But you're afraid of dying aren't you? Simply because you don't know what the truth is or how to look for it. Saying religion is a plague will never get you anywhere, but will get you to the other side, if you know what I mean.