It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what if

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What if every single book in the bible is a lie in telling truth?

What would you turn to for truth then?

I'd just relie on sticking being spiritual than religious. How about you?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

People turn to the bible for "truth" ??

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

If every book was completely fabricated... and none of it actually happened... Meaning the entire book was a fairy tale...

the truth, the life, and the way still stands...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

luke 17:20-21
"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

why do christians keep denying the words of christ?

edit on 3/29/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Then I would hope that the Christians still followed the teachings of Christ. He was actually a pretty cool bro. Whether or not the book is truth or not the New Testament taught many ways to live a good life, much the same as other religions teach ie. Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam. The core values involve treating others the way you would like to be treated.
Some people need a guide to help them with life, and in the teachings is where they can find it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Except the Bible is not a lie.

If the Bible was a lie, then there would be no reason why I couldnt start my own religion now and have 2+ billion followers 2,000 years from now.

That will never happen, ever.

People make it seem like the Bible was written by people who had the same mindset as the people who today write religious texts and start religions like scientology and the church of the spaghetti monster.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So what if the bible is actually an encoded playbook?
Maybe the "Lamb" is the team captain and the book is the team manual...the 'go to' book while out playing the field...seemingly isolated each one but connected by the secrets of the playbook?

Or what if it is like a recipe or spell book?
So that when it seems to be telling what already happened...it's really conjuring up what IS happening?

What if it is just a recording of every soul's real name?
So that there is no chance some recalcitrant hijacker can 'erase' anyone for good? Not losing a single one is a common theme!

In any of those possibilities lies the same fulfillment of the same promise of global liberation...but reading it as is is most often the cause of mental bondage.
And I say that as someone who has some form of bible (hard copy, kindle, ipod, etc) with me everywhere I go.

top topics

join