It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s no fluke: Rush claims ratings hike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

As "flukey" as it sounds,

The El Rushbo is claiming his ratings are up 60% !!

3/29/12 4:14 PM EDT -- Politico

One month after coming under fire for making offensive comments about law student Sandra Fluke, Rush Limbaugh boasted on Thursday that ratings for his popular radio show have gone up as much as 60 percent since his insults stirred a national controversy.

Limbaugh told listeners that he has been “peppered constantly” with the question: “What have your ratings been since that whole Fluke thing happened?”...

Up 60% !

This could be a "flukey" backdraft !

Limbaugh also touted a Washington Post article published Wednesday night headlined, “Limbaugh sees heat over comments turn down to a simmer,” which examined how weeks after the Fluke controversy first broke, “advertisers are trickling back to his program and the news media have moved on.”

“I cannot believe it! This program, me, is never accorded this kind of treatment in the mainstream media. The truth about how few advertisers have been lost,” Limbaugh said. “The truth about how few stations left. The truth about how little damage was done to this program. It was stunning.”

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Why do you care exactly? I'm curious?

Free Speech protects him just like it protects you if you are in the US. You can't take it from one person and not from another because then we would be in China or some other Slave State.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The old saying goes "any news is good news"... it means that all those hateful bitter people that didn't listen to rush are now listening to him to try and hear when he says something they don't like.

As for his sponsors... he still has commercials... as for being on the air... he is still there..

You people that are more focused on rush and whatever dumb drama you can just distract the real issues...

America's dollar is failing... gas isn't more expensive.. our dollar is just worth less and less..

American is occuping other countries..... killin innocents and creating the same freedom fighters we are now fighting.

American public is not told the truth and the mainstream media distracts them with soap opera like drama.

America is going to fall unless the people stand up against the crooked government.

America is becoming a joke

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Free Speech protects him just like it protects you if you are in the US. You can't take it from one person and not from another because then we would be in China or some other Slave State.

Well actually I don't care one way or another.

I am curious about Limbaugh supporters and non-supporters opinions.

We saw a fury of hate directed at him.

And as I recall, He may have only been "suggestive" rather than direct as many were describing.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Rush is not doing anything overly amazing. He is towing a political line, and mixing that with shock jock radio.

Like Howard Stern for old people. Yes, the more you get people to talk about you, positive or negative, the more people will tune in to see what you say next. Rush, in this area, is not stupid.
He has been insulting entire groups of people for years, and has gotten his name out of being the mysoginist racist neocon...and "dittoheads" alongside people whom hate him tune in..some to be programmed how to think, the other to yell at the radio...either way, both sides adds up to numbers.

There is something similar going on in youtube. "Comment girls". basically these girls reply to popular videos trending on youtube...picture of them pushing their breasts up. Ultimately it was ignored for the longest time..then finally people started fighting them..telling them to stop, making videos to stop, even started doing live streaming to fill their twitter and youtube comments up with people telling them to stop.

And of course their videos became uberly popular..not because they are clever and offering something..but because they became controversial.

The heavy metal industry of the 80s learned this lesson when the christians went up in arms, record burnings, etc...their sales went through the roof.
Up the Irons!

Elvis also learned this lesson when his pelvis became synonymous with naughty tween girls thoughts.

Rush will continue to do fantastic in ratings until the people ultimately stop commenting on his daily antics and the latest outrage.

marketing 101...as said above, there is no such thing as bad press.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Free speech is great. But it doesn't mean we should give audience to idiots. Whether or not you agree with Rush in the most recent case, he has had enough instances in the past to confirm his idiocy.

Free speech = Good.

Following idiots = Bad.

Jersey Shore has ratings why?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Who cares?

Doesn't change the fact that he's a clown and hypocrite. And let's not forget, that muppet was already bosting about his ratings before accurate way to count listeners was developed for radio shows

EDIT:

Just read the transcript to his show, and it's even worse than I thought. He says his ratings are up between 10% to 60%.
In other words, he's pulling that figure out of thin air. It's as if he said "our profits are up 10% or 60%"...they are either up 10% or 60%, and you can know for sure.
edit on 29-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I like Rush... he sees where the Obama administration is taking this country and tells people about it. I don't understand why people who think this country could be great don't like him. His listener-ship is probably up because people who don't agree with him also listen to hear what they are disagreeing with. If you don't listen to Rush AND say you disagree with everything he says are clearly hypocrites. Just sayin...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Who cares?

Doesn't change the fact that he's a clown and hypocrite. And let's not forget, that muppet was already bosting about his ratings before accurate way to count listeners was developed for radio shows

EDIT:

Just read the transcript to his show, and it's even worse than I thought. He says his ratings are up between 10% to 60%.
In other words, he's pulling that figure out of thin air. It's as if he said "our profits are up 10% or 60%"...they are either up 10% or 60%, and you can know for sure.
edit on 29-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

Rush never shows his ratings data so I just have to assume he is talking through his ass again.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I have not listened to him in years, so I'm neutral. However when the calls came to shut him up, I take his side whether I agree with him or not. Free Speech must be protected. Even bad speech.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Who in this thread said he needs to shut up or be taken off the air?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Clear Channel is standing behind him as well, with no talks of dropping him only supporting him. And the backing of Clear Channel means he isn't going anywhere. This wasn't nearly as bad as "nappy headed hoes", so I'm not sure why it's causing such a media frenzy.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Because it's Rush and many in the media just like to make a stink whenever he says something foul. The guy has been speaking foul crap for twenty years. Why anyone is so scandalized now? I don't know.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

As "flukey" as it sounds,

The El Rushbo is claiming his ratings are up 60% !!

3/29/12 4:14 PM EDT -- Politico

One month after coming under fire for making offensive comments about law student Sandra Fluke, Rush Limbaugh boasted on Thursday that ratings for his popular radio show have gone up as much as 60 percent since his insults stirred a national controversy.

Limbaugh told listeners that he has been “peppered constantly” with the question: “What have your ratings been since that whole Fluke thing happened?”...

Up 60% !

This could be a "flukey" backdraft !

Limbaugh also touted a Washington Post article published Wednesday night headlined, “Limbaugh sees heat over comments turn down to a simmer,” which examined how weeks after the Fluke controversy first broke, “advertisers are trickling back to his program and the news media have moved on.”

“I cannot believe it! This program, me, is never accorded this kind of treatment in the mainstream media. The truth about how few advertisers have been lost,” Limbaugh said. “The truth about how few stations left. The truth about how little damage was done to this program. It was stunning.”

you think by having this topic open for so long and not recieving one flag would tell you no one cares...

You think there is some great conspiracy about rush

He is just an arogant sob that is on the radio that calls out the left and pushes the Rights agenda.. he is a stool...

But really anyone that thinks its their god given mission to go after him is a stool too.

Get mad at spike lee for tweeting those elderly peoples address..
edit on 31-3-2012 by Doalrite because: mistype

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I WAS beginning to wonder.

Thanks for the opinion !

new topics

top topics

join