It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mich. militia head, son plead guilty to gun charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

DETROIT (AP) — A Michigan militia leader and his son pleaded guilty Thursday to possessing a machine gun, giving prosecutors their only gain in a domestic terror trial that was upended when the judge dismissed charges of plotting war against the government.

Hutaree leader David Stone rocked in a chair at the defense table after pleading guilty and told reporters he was a "stand-up true American patriot" whose anti-government comments and bravado about wanting to kill police were not a call to attack the United States..

link

Looks like they still got their man

The FBI is crooked as hell.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

DETROIT (AP) — A Michigan militia leader and his son pleaded guilty Thursday to possessing a machine gun, giving prosecutors their only gain in a domestic terror trial that was upended when the judge dismissed charges of plotting war against the government.

Hutaree leader David Stone rocked in a chair at the defense table after pleading guilty and told reporters he was a "stand-up true American patriot" whose anti-government comments and bravado about wanting to kill police were not a call to attack the United States..

link

Looks like they still got their man

The FBI is crooked as hell.

Exsqueeze me, but, what part of "wanting to kill police " do you find crooked as hell.

All he had to do was apply for an automatic weapon stamp and pay the fee.
But then he goes wacko and states that he wants to kill innocent people.

FBI got their man

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Excuse me,

Did you even read the article.

The FBI set him up and tried to convict him on it. The judge threw out the case.

The only thing they got him on was the gun violation. He was locked up for two years and the charges got dropped because of the context in which he was speaking.

Read man.

Can you tell me who brought up the conversation of wanting to kill people? Was it him or the sleazy FBI informant? We will probably never know.

It must of been the informant, because his charges got dropped.

edit on 29-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Militia members are finding that resuming their lives isn't easy. Despite his acquittal, Michael Meeks of Manchester, Mich., said he can't open a bank account yet because the bank told him he's still on a terror watch list. Told of the troubles, McQuade didn't seem moved.

From the article.

I felt that this is one of the only perks of being on the watch list.

LJ01 doesn't have a bank account. Mainly because I cannot afford one, but besides I would rather have a small safe and be my own bank.

That is unless I win the 540 million mega millions

It seems that the government has this one backwards. It seems that "they" would want to track your money, instead of paying with cash....Unless this is a bank rule. I really do not know, but then, how do they know that he is on the watch list
Does it come up in a background check?

I do not have time to look this up right now.

top topics

join